FoP FP at 30+4?

SDD is hard to get because of the tiering in DHS, where basically every "must-do" ride is tier 1.
I think SDD is more difficult to get as its still a newer big ride and just has a high demand.
While the tiering didn't help, I have little difficulty getting 4th+ FPs for ToT, TSMM or RnRC throughout the day, but rarely see SDD available. AS2 is nearly always available, but that shouldn't be a tier 1 anyway.

I suspect a FP for SDD will become easier to get once the rides in SWGE have FP and when Mickey and Minnies ride opens and has FP. That still may be a long time from now.

We were able to get same day FP for FOP for a party of 3. I don't remember the time of day, but it wasn't too late. Had no chance to get them at 30 days though.

I got a FP for FOP for 5 at 58 days last May. I've also been able to snag day of for 3. Sorry didn't note how many are in your party but you can also try to split them up into smaller groups if needed and try to get overlapping times.
My story from May 2018, we rope dropped AK for a 9am opening (only 3 were getting on), we got there at 7:30 and CM's let us in around 8:15-8:30 (sorry don't remember exact times but it was before scheduled opening) and my DH, DS, DD got on in about 20 minutes. They also had a bit of pixie dust as the CM was calling for a party of 3 and they got to skip the line but at most it would have been another 20 minutes. Total time from arrival to off was 90 minutes then they rode Navi with me and DS2 multiple times. I look at it this way, if you are ok with waiting 90-120 minutes in a line, why not let 60-90 of those be "non-operating time". You aren't wasting valuable park time by getting there way before opening vs getting there are 9 and not getting on until 11. It also allows you to enjoy the rest of the park while all of the non-crazy rope drop people are waiting for FOP. In our RD May 2017, DH, DS, DD did FOP at 8:30, DS2 and I did Navi about 3 times, then all 5 of us did Navi 2 more times, we hit EE 4 times, then went to our Safari FP at 9:45, and then Tusker House ADR at 10:30. If we hadn't RD, we'd most likely still be in line at 10:30. There are few experiences where my kids are ok with being up before the sun and Disney (both WDW and DLR) is one.

Last edited:
Echoing this post. I was there last week and stayed off-site so all I had was 30 days to book FPs. In the weeks leading up to my trip, I couldn't find one for FoP. My plan was to ride near close, but after trying to modify a FP to one for FoP during the day I was in AK, I was able to score two. It's definitely possible to find them day of; you just have to keep refreshing.
This is very true. Be doggedly persistent, and scoring one (or more) FoP FP+s the day of can definitely be done, often as the 4th, 5th, 6th FP+. I've done it and just did it this past week.

We booked a last minute trip a couple days ago for MLK weekend and we scored a morning FoP FP (35 days out I think) for 3 people. Keep checking. Things pop up!

I look at it this way, if you are ok with waiting 90-120 minutes in a line, why not let 60-90 of those be "non-operating time".

Because if you get in line one minute before park close on the same day, you can wait 30-45 minutes with 29-44 of them being "non-operating time"

We were there a couple weeks ago, staying off site so I couldn't look for FP+ until 30 days, and of course I couldn't get FoP. But I got a FP+ for two people on the day we were at AK. As previously mentioned, it does take some persistent refreshing, but the chances are good you can get one the day of, at least for a small party.

I think it would be almost impossible when you are booking at 30 days out. Even for on-site guests, you usually have to go 60+3 or more to get FP for FOP. Have you considered buying tickets for an after hours event? We did that this summer and only had to wait about 20-30 minutes. Plus everything else was a walk on.

We are planning an upcomming trip arriving on 2/28 but staying off site. What are my chances of booking a FP for FoP at 30+4? Are they still as difficult to obtain as they were two years ago?

Yes, very difficult. The only time I ever got to ride it (I refuse to wait in ridiculously long lineup for any ride - life is too short) was by attending an After Hours party (which I highly recommend).

BTW, now that I've finally gotten to experience it I would have to say it is a new favourite of mine. Absolutely fantastic ride (but I'm still not waiting in a 2 hour lineup for it lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter