• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FoP - do the seats move?

TeresaWen

DIS Veteran
I'm sure there is an answer out there that I ignored because I never ever thought I would be able to get fast passes.

My husband is recovering from back surgery. It will be two months by the time we are there. We are avoiding most attractions and focusing on food & wine events. We are planning two days in AK to see Pandora. I have fast passes for Fop one day & the river ride the other day.

Is Fop at all like Star Wars in HS? I think those seats move.

Thanks

The FoP seats aren't really seats. You have to straddle the "seat" (like a motorcycle) and then a back and leg braces come up to steady you on the vehicle. Yes, the seats move. It's a simulator ride like Star Wars and Soarin', but more intense as a whole experience. It's a smoother ride, but it swoops and drops. I would pay attention to the ride restriction suggestions for FoP.

The FoP seats aren't really seats. You have to straddle the "seat" (like a motorcycle) and then a back and leg braces come up to steady you on the vehicle. Yes, the seats move. It's a simulator ride like Star Wars and Soarin', but more intense as a whole experience. It's a smoother ride, but it swoops and drops. I would pay attention to the ride restriction suggestions for FoP.

Is it similar to Universal's Forbidden Journey? If so, Ill pass- I got very sick on FJ and I can't do Star Wars because it makes me sick but Soarin is fine

Is it similar to Universal's Forbidden Journey? If so, Ill pass- I got very sick on FJ and I can't do Star Wars because it makes me sick but Soarin is fine

I don't think it's like FJ. It's a lot smoother. FJ basically flips you back, etc. This, as described above, is like you're riding a motorcycle. But it's wicked fun.. You truly feel like you're flying. Maybe check out the original thread - people mentioned motion sickness wasn't that bad but I'd read it just in case

No, not like forbidden journey. Picture a motorcycle that is bolted to a floor. The floor is hinged, sometimes it goes up and down, sometimes the motorcycle tilts this way or that. Very different from FJ (and IMO far less motion sickness-inducing!)

I thought it was about 900 times more rough than Soarin. I'm admittedly no daredevil, but it was too much for me. Too many drops. It made me nauseous, and I was relieved when it ended.

I believe the movements are somewhere in between FJ (the screen carousel part) and Soarin'. Definitely not as intense/jerky as Star Tours. I didn't experience any motion sickness riding FoP whereas I did in some of the rides in Universal Studios.

I don't think it's like FJ. It's a lot smoother. FJ basically flips you back, etc. This, as described above, is like you're riding a motorcycle. But it's wicked fun.. You truly feel like you're flying. Maybe check out the original thread - people mentioned motion sickness wasn't that bad but I'd read it just in case

No, not like forbidden journey. Picture a motorcycle that is bolted to a floor. The floor is hinged, sometimes it goes up and down, sometimes the motorcycle tilts this way or that. Very different from FJ (and IMO far less motion sickness-inducing!)

Ill take something the night before we go on it. Even with motion sickness medicine FJ did me end. We are locals and we had to go home I was so sick

I've heard that multiple times! My friend's mom has motion sickness issues, but with Dramamine and the fact that FoP constantly has cool air/"wind" in your face, she had no issues. YMMV of course!

FoP is nowhere near as sick inducing as Star Tours or FJ.

ST made me ill even with Dramamine. FJ was fine with Dramamine. None needed for FoP.

In my opinion the worst of the "motion" your brain senses comes through your eyes. The most intense for me was the fast, falling straight falling down scenes. Adding to that sense of motion is the air that is blown into face and some physical motion in the seat. I thought the physical motion of the seat was fairly gentle. But then I am a motorcycle rider so the seating position felt comfortable to me.

I found the movie to be very well done, with great detail, and quite intense. I felt a bit overloaded at first with all of the visual and physical input until I focused my attention on the "ride leader" shown in the movie. Part of the story is that you are supposed to be following the ride leader. Once I did that I was able to better anticipate the upcoming motion.

Overall I thought the ride was spectacular!

I could do FoP over and over again. I could do Soarin' over and over again. Star Wars, maybe once. Forbidden Journey - we did it twice in a row and I thought I was going to throw up! FoP is much, much smoother!

I can't compare it to any other ride, as it's a completely new format (to me).

But, basically, it's "like" being on a motorcycle, in that you straddle it and lean forward. I did find it to be somewhat jerky. Not really "rough" as in like bouncing over railroad ties, but sudden changes of direction.

It made my 3D glasses slide forward on my face, so I had to hold them on for the duration of the ride/show, meaning I didn't have a second hand on handlebars for stabilization purposes.

All that said, I enjoyed it, and I'd like to do it again, sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter