Footwear

Casken

Mouseketeer
I was reading my "Unofficial Guide to Disneyland" and the author made his suggestions for good footwear.

What do you wear? I was going to wear a very comfortable pair of sandles. He suggests that socks should be worn. I hate wearing socks when it's hot. I'm going in September and I assume it will still be hot.

Do you own a pair of Crocs. We've been going to DL for years and last year I bought a pair and I will always wear them from now on when Im there! I did notice 80% of the park wearing them. I tried all different kinds of shoes and nothing works but Crocs.

I wore a well broken into pair of flip flops for 5 days there and they worked great for. I have also wore Crocs a time or two and they also worked well!! You are going to be the best judge of what will work for you..my test is can I walk around the mall for several hours and still stay comfy, then I will wear them!!

No I don't but I know that they are comfortable. I'll definitely get a pair and for my kids. Thanks!

I also have brought comfy sandals, and they didnt work for me before. Its not the walking, i think its the standing in line that brings me the pain.

I had two pair of tennis shoes that I bought to wear to Disneyland in November 2005 and have been wearing off and on ever since. I was worried that they were too old now and wouldn't be good for my trip earlier this month, but I bought some new ankle socks and the shoes worked quite well. I wore one pair in the morning and the other pair after we came back from our afternoon break. I was just fine until the very last walk back to HoJo (after 4 days and 4 nights in the park, or 8 round trips to and from (that's almost 2 miles/day), plus all the walking in the parks. So I am a believer in the "your most broken-in pair of shoes" theory.

(But I live in the Phoenix area and still wear lace-up shoes and socks all the time, even when it's 110 degrees out. I just like my feet being covered up, I guess. :) )

We had a couple of pairs of shoes each, plus a pair of thongs (flip-flops?) that we would change. For example, after a day in the park, we went to dinner and I changed into them. We didn't wear the same shoes twice running, and often changed them more than once per day.

Personal choice, but if you spend an entire day at your local zoo walking around without socks I probably wouldn't wear them at DL. And vice versa.

I order a pair of Croc Mary Janes before each trip. Truly, they are the most comfortable shoes for Disneyland.

Maybe it's just me(and I'm DEFINITELY not a fashion-minded person), but I think Crocs are just so ugly. That and rubber shoes like that..when my feet start to sweat the shoes rub my skin off, eep. 0___0

I have a pair of these ballet flat shoes(I think that's what they're called..?) that are super comfy and don't need socks(I also hate socks in hot weather).

Eee - Good idea on the whole switching shoes thing, I'm gonna give it a try!
I'll probably alternate between those and flip-flops since they're easy to stash in a backpack.

i was reading my "unofficial guide to disneyland" and the author made his suggestions for good footwear.

What do you wear? I was going to wear a very comfortable pair of sandles. He suggests that socks should be worn. I hate wearing socks when it's hot. I'm going in september and i assume it will still be hot.

tourists and sandals. Ahahhahahahah

I tried several different styles of crocs and they just didn't fit my feet right so I returned them. I only say that to let you know that Crocs come highly recommended but I guess they're not for everyone.

In the winter I wear tennis shoes but in the summer they make my feet feel too hot so I either wear my Teva sandals (no socks) or a pair of comfy leather sandals. I like sandals that have straps that go around the back of my foot so they stay secure on my feet and I don't have to worry about them coming off.

If I go for a multi-day trip I also switch shoes every day.

Keens are THE MOST comfortable shoes I have ever worn! I wear them whenever we go to Disneyland and my feet really don't even hurt at all after several full days in the park! I HIGHLY recommend them!

Another :thumbsup2 for shoe rotation. I love my Keens and wear those most of the time time with maybe a tennis shoe day thrown in. My kids seem to do best in crocs/keens switching everyday. I still haven't crossed over to the "Crocside" so I can't vouch for those!

Gonna throw my two cents out. Do NOT wear open toed sandals. Years ago, dh tripped over some woman in the summer crowds and really injured her toe. It was terrible, he felt so bad, and I'm sure it ruined her trip.

I'd go with tennies, crocs, or the keen sandals that cover your toes.

I'm definitely not going to wear socks. I have to wear socks in the winter and that's enough for me. I have never owned any crocs but I do know that they are very comfortable. Comfort definitely comes before fashion when it comes to walking for hours.

Thanks for the tips.

crocs, and only crocs. everything else made my feet blister. and crocs do come in different sizes... there is a croc that is slimmer then other crocs as stated on there site. we all wear crocs with socks, taking the socks off before water rides then putting them back on. that keeps the feet dry and comfy.

We've never been in the summer but in the winter I just wear comfy tennis shoes. But in the summer I hate having sweaty feet so I am bringing my tennis shoes but I also got the most comfortable pair of flip flops I could find - Rocket Dogs. They are really comfy but I haven't been standing for the better part of 12-15 hours in them yet so we will see.

I usually wear my New Balance shoes, but this last trip I bought a pair of Skecher's sandals that have the strap across the top of my foot that is adjustable. I got the cuteness and comfort/coolness of sandals with the comfort on the bottom of a tennis shoe. They worked really well for me. I did switch off with my tennis shoes and that saved my feet and legs.

I can't wear crocs the whole time I am at DLR. The little nubby things on the inside of them really start to hurt my feet after a while. And my feet get too sweaty.

Another fan of shoe rotation here. DH always says I overpack shoes (okay, I admit it), but he's the one complaining about sore feet later. :lmao: I hate wearing socks and shoes in the summer, but for all that walking, shoes do help. I use lightweight Adidas running shoes with really thin coolmax socks. Alternated with my Keen flip-flops (for that all-important toe coverage), they keep my feet and legs from wearing out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter