• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

footwear recommendations? CROCS?

pisces219

Earning My Ears
last time at WDW i saw many people wearing CROCS. i typically wear sneakers and last trip we went in the summer so i got these awesome summer sneakers from LLbean, whiched worked out great. im considering getting another pair or CROCS. anyone where CROCS around WDW? other suggestions welcome.

I've worn sneakers and crocs at WDW.... to my feet, they're both comfy. Some trips, I'll swap them off... crocs in the afternoons, sneakers in the mornings.

In the winter months, I wear crocs with socks..... yes, feel free to call me geeky, but they feel good to me that way!

My 2 kids and I wore Crocs all 6 days in the park last June--not a blister or hot spot amog us! DH on the other hand doesn't really like the feel of Crocs and wore his favorite athletic shoes--and had to deal with hot spots every day (blister block, moleskin. . .). The three of us wore ultra low-cut padded socks with our Crocs, then just slipped them off before a water ride and stuffed them in a ziploc baggie in our backpack--nice dry feet! My feet never even hurt at the end of the day, and we did some major walking!

Personally, I would go with sneakers just because of the crowds (don't want people accidentially stepping on your feet), possibility of rain, etc. I also just think that sneakers are more comfortable. But a lot of people LOVE their CROCS. I think it's a personal choice :)

I love my crocs. I have bought very expensive New balance walking shoes, with very expensive special arch support inserts...hurt my feet after one day at Epcot. I bought a very expensive pair of running shoes, recommended by my marathon runner husband, and they hurt my feet after a 30 minute walk. I can wear my crocs, or croc flip flops if it is warm enough, all day, every day, touring WDW or anywhere else, and not once have my feet hurt.

People may tell you that crocs are not good for your feet, and that may be true, I don't know. Shoe salesmen in particular (who coincidently do not sell crocs in their store) love to tell me I need a "good supportive" shoe. Well, when I find one that is comfortable all day, that's fine. Until then, I will wear crocs.

Give them a try, see if you like them.

I don't even own a pair of sneakers anymore, I wear crocs every day. They are the only shoes my feet don't hurt in. The only problem I had with them in the parks was slipping on wet surfaces, but I think that's only because my crocs are so worn down. My new ones are Mammoths (with the furry lining), and I thought my feet would be too hot in them in FL, so I wore my old ones, and had a lot of trouble with slipping. I didn't have that problem when I wore them last year at the parks when they were only about 3 mos. old. I guess I'll be buying myself another new pair in the spring!

I think its pretty much a personal thing. I tried crocs and while they were comfortable, I didn't think they were anymore comfortable than my sneakers and they are too butt ugly for me. I saw a picture of myself in a pair of them and thought I looked like the "sad" clown for cirque de soliel.

I wear my crocs if I'm doing AK because its a good chance I'll do kali river rapids and my feet may get wet.

I'm a crocs girl all the way. My hub thinks I'm nuts....he wears gym shoes and has no problem. I get blisters every time I try his way! So I'll stick with the uglier, more comfortable shoes!

Hi
I love my Croc Scutes. I know a lot of people say how ugly they are, (and they are), but if you go to their website, there are so many new styles that are really cute and look more in style. My DD and I wore our Crocs everyday in DW and never got a blister. She wore the new Patras and they look really great.

It's Crocs all the way for me!!! Sneakers are too heavy and hot and I hate how they feel when they get wet. The last two times I have gone to WDW I have worn Crocs only, and there were times when I would just randomly catch myself thinking, "Man, these shoes feel good". I wore them once in the rain and they were kind of slick (treads worn) but within ten minutes of the rain stopping they felt dry again inside.

I bought a pair of Keen's sandals/sneakers. They are open and closed, you can get them wet, and they dry easily, and they are super, super comfortable. They're about $100, and the most expensive pair of shoes I've ever bought, but I would recommend anybody pay the money. They are like the Energizer bunny. They keep me going, and going. When I came back two weeks ago, I can honestly say I never had sore feet, and I did so much walking I even lost three and half pounds over the holidays! I've had them for two years and love them.

I've always done the sneaker/sock thing in Disney but this past January I went with my Mickey crocs and they were so comfy!!! No problems at all with those. I'll definitely be wearing them again in August when we go. I love my Crocs; I'm up to 4 pair now.

I have a question about the crocs. I have the flip flops for myself which are great. (can't bring myself to wear the other kind), but my kids want them. I got them a pair of the knock offs from payless but they gave them hot spots and blisters right around the area of the hinge part on both sides of the foot....Where the strap connects. The strap construction on the real crocs looks similar, so I really don't want to shell out the $ if that will happen.
Has anyone had any issues with this area where the strap connects to the shoe? Thanks.
Deb

Yes, both of my kids have had a problem with a blister where the black hinge is but that is because both of their feet turn in. I've just put band-aids on them and they've been fine. And yes, they were both wearing "real" Crocs.

I've always been a flip flop person at Disney but that may change on my next trip. I wear Crocs (Bistro) for work and 9 hours on my feet has never been more comfortable. I can definately feel the difference.

I'm curious for those that wear the Croc flip flops, are they as good as the other kinds?

The only drawback I see with Crocs is that my feet get sweaty at times. :confused3

When we went 2 years ago, I began my search for the perfect shoe & found it! I bought a pair of Merrell sandals (Via III) & love them. They were around $80, but they were worth every penny...I still have them.

I tried on a pair of Crocs, but it didn't feel like they had very much support. I never broke in the Merrells before our trip & my feet never hurt. I just read that they have stopped making this style so I just ordered another pair from Cabela's (only $44.95 on clearance).:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter