Footwear Question

KAT7199

Earning My Ears
:wave2: everyone!

Pretty new to the boards and have a question regarding what kind of shoes to wear to the parks.

We have our trip planned for 12 nights/13 days in the beginning of Sept. :jumping1:
We are staying on property and will be using WDW transportation.

I don't wear the thong flip flops or sandals (well, I can't, due to having syndactyly on my right foot...otherwise known as webbed toes). Anyway, what is a comfy sandal to wear for all day walking? I'm pretty athletic so walking all day is not an issue....just need help finding a comfy shoe that will save my feet for that long of a vacation.
I don't want to do sneakers as I plan on wearing maxi skirt/dresses our entire stay. I don't do shorts anymore so sneakers and a dress/skirt just doesn't look right!

Thank you in advance for your advice and recommendations....they are greatly appreciated!!!
:thumbsup2

Good morning,

The brand of shoes that I like to wear to Disney World are Merrell. I do usually wear the thong type sandals but Merrell does make one called "Women's Agave 2 Lavish" that gets really good reviews that you may want to look at.

Good luck. The shoes that you wear at Disney World can really affect the quality of your trip!

Last year, I bought some Tevas (similar to these) on sale specifically for WDW last year. They weren't super fashionable, so I don't usually wear them that often. We were there for 10 days, and I was very happy with them.

Then, I made the mistake of not taking them with me to wear to DLR in March. I figured it was too cold, and we were only going for two days, so I figured I'd just wear regular socks and running shoes. BIG MISTAKE! I could tell a huge difference in just my first day! My feet were SO much more sore at the end of the day, and we definitely did FAR less walking at DLR.

SO I'm never going to Disney without Tevas again!

Last time we were in the parks, I wore my Teva sandals (similar to the link in the post above) every day.

I have two favorite kinds of shoes that I bring to Disney. I have two pair of Merrils, one black and one brown. They are so comfortable! I also have 2 pair of Sketchers Go Walk. Both are cute enough to wear with skirts and dresses, but also look good with shorts. The Sketchers are my favorite. They are so lightweight and honestly feel like you are walking on air. They come in several cute colors, too.

Here's another vote for Skechers Go Walks. They have many styles to choose from (LINK) but the ones I own and love are these: Interval.

I haven't been to WDW with them yet, but we did spend a week in Las Vegas and it's all I wore for walking up and down the Strip, plus standing around in air ports. I was hesitating over them in a shoe store and a random woman walked up to me and said I should get them! Said she worked in a lab on her feet all day and swears by them. You know they've gotta be good if people will drop what they are doing to recommend them. I've also gotten lots of compliments on how cute they are.

Merrell and Teva are great options, and Keen is another brand similar to that, with sandals that cover the entire foot, but with a very sturdy and comfortable bottom and fit more like a shoe. Goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway -- whatever you choose, wear them several times before you decide to spend ten or more solid hours of walking around a theme park. Made the very stupid mistake of wearing my Keens to MK for their first major outing ever, and I spent the rest of the trip in my year-old running shoes. Now they are great and they have spent more time in the parks with me (we reconciled our differences), but it took a little time to get there.

Those sketchers interest me! I was planning on taking my keens. I wore them on my babymoon while hiking in Costa Rica. They provided great support then, so I assume they'll do well at DW. I would like to alternate my shoes, so I may check out the sketchers before we go.

Thank you everyone. I will look into all of these.
I actually almost bought a pair of the Skechers Go Walks during the week...saw that at Sam's Club for $29.00....thought it wasn't bad. I may have to go back and grab a couple pair.

I know you don't want a "sandal" type shoe but I just got back from WDW and I wore my Saltwater sandals and LOVED them. Not only were they cute but they were comfy and water proof. It poured on us as we were walking and I was drenched but my shoes held up! I will say that they have more coverage in the front so your toes don't show as much as teva's and whatnot.

My very favorite sandals to wear to DISNEY are made by SAS. They feel like marshmallows on my feet from the minute I put them on. No break- in period at all. They are leather, and not waterproof .....but mine have been wet many times and always seem to come out fine. In fact, I wash them in the sink with a brush and laundry soap. Your feetsie's will love them!

I wear my Chaco sandals to work (I teach school, and am on my feet most of the time.) They are so very comfortable, but not really attractive. I plan to wear them on my Disney trip as well. I will probably find a comfortable flip flop to wear as well.

Thanks to this thread I just got my Skechers GoWalk in the mail and I love them! Silly question: do you wear them with socks or without?

I have GoWalks that I wear to work, I'm a teacher and I'm on my feet all day. At the end of the day I don't even want to take them off! I'm going to WDW in June and planning on wearing dresses most days so I bought a couple pairs of sandals (like Merrill or Tevas, but Croft & Barrow brand from Kohls, much cheaper) to take as well.

I have GoWalks that I wear to work, I'm a teacher and I'm on my feet all day. At the end of the day I don't even want to take them off! I'm going to WDW in June and planning on wearing dresses most days so I bought a couple pairs of sandals (like Merrill or Tevas, but Croft & Barrow brand from Kohls, much cheaper) to take as well.
are they the croft & barrow sports sandals?? Just looked them up online and they look super comfy and price was great!

On another thread, someone recommended Keens sandals to me (I have foot problems: bunion, neuroma, and wear orthotics). I tried on several styles at a nearby store and one seems like it will be comfortable enough and it has a back to it so my orthotic won't slide out. They only had one color though so I ordered a different color online and am waiting for delivery. I will wear them this summer to 'break them in' and hope that they'll work out for when I go to Disney this Fall. They may not look nice enough to wear with skirts/dresses, but I'm mainly concerned about my feet not hurting. I haven't been to WDW in about 10-11 years and I want to be able to 'go the distance'! :)

Last trip I wore a pare of TheraFlops (like FitFlops) that were fabulous! Feet and legs never felt tired at all. I also like various styles of Teva and Keens.

Whatever sandals you find, remember to sunscreen your feet as well. (I will usually spray my feet and not my legs!)

A sunburned foot is just as bad as a foot with blisters!

Another big thumbs up for Sketchers go walk. Love them. I don't like wearing sneakers without socks so you can use the low socks with them.

Just returned from a 10 day trip a couple of weeks ago and I have high praise for the Sketchers Go Walks....they were awesome in every way. And I saw lots & lots of people wearing them....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter