footwear at the parks and bum bags and food

bettina

Earning My Ears
What do you wear on your feet when walking all day? - I have been advised not to wear flip flops, what do other people do?

Is it best to have a 'bumbag' when walking about?

We are mainly going to Universal and the waterparks - are they strict about bringing in food and water etc?

i used to always wear trainers in the parks, this trip i alternated my trainers and a pair of crocs toning flip flop things. Wear whatever you would be most comfy in and not brand new shoes that havent been well worn! I have always taken snacks and water into disney and the water parks no problem. I just use a small backpack for ease but again if your more comfy with a bum bag then go with that although it might not have enough room for everything so you could always do both and just keep your money, tickets, phone etc in the bum bag and the camera etc on your back. the waterparks have lockers that you can hire for you to keep things safe when swimming, although i left my bag and it was fine - but i guess its a risk you take. Have a great trip!

What do you wear on your feet when walking all day? - I have been advised not to wear flip flops, what do other people do?

Is it best to have a 'bumbag' when walking about?

We are mainly going to Universal and the waterparks - are they strict about bringing in food and water etc?

We take our own sandwiches and water - if anyone asks just say the kids have special diet needs, they won't argue! LOL

I always used to wear trekking sandals, but on the last trip my feet felt tired after day one, I then wore my croc flip flops every other day and my feet felt great.

As for a bumbag not everyones cup of tea but for me personally in Florida it is a must have.

I mostly wear my trainers to the parks and my crocs capri flip flops to the water parks and for general walking around the hotel, DTD, malls etc :)

I dont wear trainers - I always wear sandals - this year I am wearing nine west toe post sandals and dont usually have a problem with my feet:cool1:

Crocs for your feet I wore them the whole holiday & look at the Kipling Mutiple bag its a shoulder bag that turns into a bum bag and its also waterproof for on the rides:thumbsup2

I always wear trainers but everyone else in the family goes for crocs.
We also take a back pack - which I normally end up carrying - filled with whatever we may need for the day, and that usually includes bottles of frozen water at the very least.
No-one has every questioned the contents and, to be honest, I very much doubt you would need to have a 'story' for why you need certain things (unless it's alcohol of course :goodvibes)

i wear sandals in the parks just like i would all day at home. the hubby wears converse as do the boys if its too hot they were sports sandals.:thumbsup2

as for bumbags they are a no for me i would never want to enhance my hips in any way!! :lmao: so i go with a baby bag that fits over my stroller so i am hands free.

for taking onto rides i would put anything i cant leave on the stroller in a zip bag to keep it dry and easy to hold.

:santa::santa:

Used to wear trainers but now wear Crocs and find my feet hurt a lot less. We take a small rucksack, don't take food in but we do take a water bottle, I've seen loads of people eating their own snacks there and noone ever says anything.

I think the main thing with footwear is to make sure it's well walked in - no buying new shoes and keeping them for the holiday. I used to wear Birkenstocks but after reading so many good comments about Fitflops I bought myself a pair and now practically live in them. I've just bought a pair of mary jane style Ecco shoes which I shall wear over the next 6 weeks to ensure they don't give me any problems.

I also found in the Avon catalogue something called a blister stick which you can apparantly rub on your feet if you find your shoes rubbing and it helps to stop blisters. Not sure if it will work or even we'll need it but I thought it might be useful to pack anyway.

DH has a bum bag type thing that he uses for money, tickets and id but also takes a rucksack for water, suncream etc. He never lets me have a turn at carrying it no matter how many times I ask.

crocs for all of us, and weeks before going my DW and I always make sure our heels are in good order with scholl products as you defo do not want cracked heels with all that walking and feet in the open air:cool1:

we always wear trainers at the parks (not new of course) and always take a bum bag (fanny pack) with tickets and passports in.

As this year we are taking our son for the first time we will also be taking a backpack with us most of the time as well.

Tracey

Im taking crocs and converse for the parks and sandels for night if we go out for dinner / some were nice. Also got a across the body bag for the parks, should do me as my dads in charge of park tickets etc, so will just have my camra and money in.

The key is to wear what you are used to walking in at home!

I have trainers, crocs and some mules (I think they may be called) which are very very comfy.

If you buy crocs then make sure you wear them in, as mine rubbed blisters the first time I wore them :sad but they've been fine the last 2 summers!

Re what to carry things in... You wouldn't catch me in a bumbag (sorry). Dh carries a rucksack these days, but before having our ds I used to just take a drawstring bag on my back, containing some food and water, my camera and purse.. Never had anyone question the enormous amount of food we carry around with us!

Ziplock bag for valuables in your bag is a great idea though.

Trainers for me most of time plus sports type sandles to give my feet a rest now and again :)
I got some new trainiers a while ago and have been wearing them to the gym on the treadmill - I do 3 mile power walks and imagine I'm walking round the World Showcase :rotfl:

I hate carrying anything to the parks so plan to use a bum bag for my camera and room key etc.

Footwear Converse and Crocs.
To carry stuff Pockets. I've never been one for bags. We've only ever needed our KTTW, driving license (for ID) and digital camera. Maybe a small amount of cash for vendors who don't accept KTTW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter