• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Foot care on trip

Wear comforatable shoes, not flip-flops, that fit properly and carry a dry pair of socks to change into as needed.

I stick with Crocs & no socks. Every time I try something other than Crocs, I get blisters. The real key is keeping your feet dry - for me that means no socks in summer, and Crocs give the best airflow (the Mary Janes are my favorite).

And if you are the type of person who gets blisters easily, bring lots of moleskin! It is the only thing that saves me! Be sure to apply it at the first sign of a hot spot to prevent blistering.

I learned the hard way on my first trip to Disney. Even though the sneakers I was wearing weren't new, I ended up with a nasty blister above my heel. Even moleskin didn't help at that point. I would not have been able to walk around the parks at all if I didn't bring my flip-flops with me. They saved the trip for me!! This way, if you end up with a blister on your heel or toes, flip-flops will enable you to still walk around without your blisters getting worse.

On our last trip, I decided to wear flip-flops for the entire trip. They were great to walk around in but after a few days my calves were killing me!

So, my best advice is bring a few types of footwear with you - sneakers, flip-flops - sandals etc. That way you have all bases covered.

I'd like to suggest breaking in new shoes if you are buying for Disney. Nothing worse than trying to experience the magic that is Disney and your feet are hurting! Having said that, you could always use it as an excuse to get a foot massage! :yay:

Bring at least 2 pairs of shoes maybe 3 and swap them out. If you go back to the hotel put on a different pair. I take tennies, crocs, and sandles and dont forget to take brakes. When we do I take my shoes off durring the shows and prades. Good luck!!!:yay:

May He Bless

Spinone Club of North Texas
Ilvolare Spinoni
Erica
Owner and Pro Handler

I used to wear sneakers and I would always end up with a blister or two. The last five trips I have worn my birkenstock sandals without any problems at all.

Bringing several different pairs of shoes works for us. I usually take crocs, tennies and then my sketchers flip flops (for the pool or for short visits to the park).

The crocs are my favorite, but it feels so good to put different shoes on, preferrably switching mid way through the day. If we don't take a midday break then I would just wear different shoes the next day.

My flips are comfy on my soles, but my shins ache if I wear them too much (I assume something to do with how I walk in them, how my muscles are used when wearing them).

I usually wear crocs, the beach and sandal flip-flop styles, and teva dozers, which are lightweight and airy. However, the best thing other than moleskin is to come back to the room and soak your feet in epsom salts. When I wear my crocs I also use body glide or wear socks. Body glide is like stick deodorant without the scents.

DO NOT lotion your feet in the morning!!

IT will cause blisters!

Rotate shoes as others have mentioned, and if you tend to have dry skin on your feet, lotion them up with cotton socks at night, but not before putting your shoes on.

As soon as you think you feel rubbing, cover it with a piece of mole skin or at the very least a band aid.

If your feet are very sweaty, use anti perspirent on them and change oyur socks often.

Get the best shoes you can afford with arch support and break them in before you go!

I will be taking my cocs, sneakers and possibly Keens or Tevas if I can find what I am looking for today. My sandals bit the dust last year and I've yet to find a replacement for them! If not, then I will be taking 2 pairs of crocs.

my best trip for foot care is a nice long relaxing soak in the hot tub at the resort and then a margarita.

Yep, that's my best tip!:lmao:

I agree with the posters who advise to bring at least 2 good pairs of shoes and swap them out, they should definitely be broken in and have 1 that is a sandal-type to air your feet out. I also bought some good foot lotion at B&BW and we used it every night on our feet (all 3 of us), it felt good if nothing else. It was also nice to go down and just sit on the pool edge and soak my feet while DD swam in between park visits or in the evening.

Wear shoes that YOU are comfortable in. I personally wear flip flops or crocs. I rarely wear sneakers as I like to be barefoot if I could!:goodvibes There is no magic shoe. It is what you feel is most comfortable in your everyday life then that will be comfortable in the parks. Good luck and have a great trip!:cutie:

everyone is different. I usually wear flip flops. that is what I feel comfortable in. I also have mary jane crocs that are comfy too. I almost never wear sneakers.

So everyone will have several pairs of shoes,do you take 2 pair to the park?
Is there a special spray?
Thank you for noting the pedicure because I was planning to do that the dat b4 we left:goodvibes
Dylan will ride in a kid transporter quite a bit but seems to get blisters anytime he wears shoes

Obviously, wear shoes you've broken in and worn in warm weather outside to test them out. One year I broke in a pair at work and at the mall, but not outsiude. When in the heat, the straps didn't allow my feet to breathe so after about 1/2 hr. at the park, I got bad heat rash where the straps were!

DH and I always spray the bottoms of our feet with a deod./ani-persp and never seem to have any foot issues. I have used moleskin before with a bad pair of sandals, but found that the moleskin kept coming off so it wasn't too helpful for very long.

I always soak my feet in the tub with some sort of foot soak I bring along. Then I dry them off and put an envigorating pepperment lotion on them and let me tell you, this has done the trick for sore feet every time!!!! By morning, you'd never have known they were killing me the night before!

No matter how in shape I'm in or what shoes I wear, WDW always makes for tired feet!

If you wear shoes with socks, I recommend the Hanes Sport sweat and heat wicking socks. They're lightweight, and breathable. I also LOVE the Band Aid Blister Block. Put it on before you head out the door, and it's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter