Foods I will not eat based on their names

I'd eat a lot of the things mentioned. In fact, I have eaten (and enjoyed) many of them. However, I tried a twinkie once, and all I can say is YUCK!!!!! Never again.

I don't avoid certain foods just because of what they're called. I avoid certain foods because they're gross.

I'm the same way, BUT I will have to say, I'm not sure I could eat Blood Pudding simply because of the name. Doesn't matter WHAT the ingredients are. Just not sure I could get past the name... :scared:

I'm very adventurous and have eaten most of the things listed but I admit, in Tibet, I couldn't eat Yak. No Yak brain, no Yak hoof, no Yak tongue, no Yak anything.

Goldfish Crackers.... I do not think they contain any fish at all, just the name grosses me out.

Also, I will not Gummi-Worms. Yes I know they are the same thing as Gummi Bears, but the worm form is just too gross to eat.

I'm very adventurous and have eaten most of the things listed but I admit, in Tibet, I couldn't eat Yak. No Yak brain, no Yak hoof, no Yak tongue, no Yak anything.

Well, they are called "yak" for a reason.......LOL

scones are yummy! :cool1:

toad in the hole is Yorkshire pudding with sausages. :goodvibes

I am a very selective eater, some would say fussy, but I disagree.
if I like it, even with a weird name I' d be happy. :)

Pickled pigs feet.
Pickled cow tongue.
Souse. :sick:

I knew you were from PA even before looking at your location. :laughing:

And yeah i won't eat any of the above either. I do like scrapple, especially fried.

Spotted Dick.

oops, I just read the full posts and see I wan't the first or even third one to say this LOL

It just sounds funny (and scarey LOL)

I'll see your head cheese, blood sausage, blood pudding and raise you an "eggs and brains".

There's a place here that serves brains. I've always wanted to try it, but they also serve the perfect greasy cheeseburger & anytime I'm in there, I just can't pass up that burger :lmao: I don't mind the names of blood sausage or head cheese, but personally I don't think either taste very good :(

Goldfish Crackers.... I do not think they contain any fish at all, just the name grosses me out.

Also, I will not Gummi-Worms. Yes I know they are the same thing as Gummi Bears, but the worm form is just too gross to eat.

I was going to say everything on the list until I got to this point:rotfl:
Love them both. Everything else ewwwwwwwwww.

PottedMeat3.jpg
My nomination based on name, but having tried it, not bad.

This is a funny thread and I agree with most posts on here - scrod, fish tacos :-))), anything that's called "oysters" but not taken from water, spotted dick...all on my list.

One food that I do eat but I always hesitate when ordering it - chutney!

I love chutney but for some reason when I see the word I instantly think of "chum."

There's this Japanese yogurt drink with the brand name Calpis... the problem is, it's pronounced almost exactly like cow piss.

Never could work up the courage to say, Hey, I'm thirsty, give me a bottle of that cow piss!

Love grits.

Tripe
Actually tried duck blood soup once... Never again
Liver sausage... Can't stand the smell
Octopus
Herring
Sardines

tofu and anything soy,

Kinda sad about the soy, my kids drink it everyday, my DH is the only one who drinks "regular" milk, just can bring myself to try the soy milk

I come from a family of adventurous eaters and have consumed nearly everything listed on this thread. And more.... :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter