Food you hate to admit you love?

Omg I would love cinnamon ice cream. I won't rest till I find it! I love rum and raisin :-)

If you ever see Kemps brand cinnamon ice cream.....don't buy it!! I picked it up in the grocery store when it was offered as a "seasonal special" last year, and it was gross. Pink colored (?!?), with little brown specks that I'm sure were supposed to be cinnamon....tasted artificial, really disgusting!!!!!

The best cinnamon ice cream I ever had was at a Chi chis restaurant in the 1980s....sigh.

In mass we stop for Fluff and snowballs. And roast beef and fried seafood. Lol.

Marshmallow Fluff! I love that too. Straight from the jar-good and "junky" ("junky's a compliment from me). Another thing I miss in Texas. I wonder if I could get Fluff thru security at the airport next trip.

I'm a salt fiend, so in no particular order, here are my favorites:

Chicken and black bean quesadillas
Fritos/Cheetos/Doritos
Popeyes or Bojangles fried chicken
NY style pizza
Taquitos
Plate of nachos chased with a cold beer

Pickled bologna, with super sharp cheddar on rye crisps. Yum, yum, yum. My kids thought I was nuts at first until I convinced them to try it, and now they're fans, too. I think it's regional though, because in northern Michigan (where I'm from)everyone I know eats pickled bologna, but in the Detroit area....not so much.

Pickled herring on Triscuits. Learned to love it when I lived in St. Paul and it was a staple at ever work pot luck. Crikey, haven't had it in years, now I need some!!!

Fritos.

Soft serve ice cream. I literally cannot eat it any longer (gastric bypass-sugar & I have a very rocky relationship) and I miss it. It's the furthest thing from actual ice cream that you can get but I LOVE it. Especially the very bottom of the cone. Mmmm.

Reading this thread really makes me want to peel the frosting off of a Hostess cupcake and eat it.

If you ever see Kemps brand cinnamon ice cream.....don't buy it!! I picked it up in the grocery store when it was offered as a "seasonal special" last year, and it was gross. Pink colored (?!?), with little brown specks that I'm sure were supposed to be cinnamon....tasted artificial, really disgusting!!!!!

The best cinnamon ice cream I ever had was at a Chi chis restaurant in the 1980s....sigh.

Thanks for the warning. Pink is not a colour I would expect lol. I will avoid that and save myself for an ice cream of worth. In Italy they have these ice cream parlours with flavours that make your eyes pop out your head. My fav was English trifle lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter