Food & Wine Festival?

Disneydenise

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of a trip to F&W this year and also enjoying MNSSHP. Has anyone ever experienced folks having a little too much to drink while at the F&W? Is it difficult to get reservations at the restaurants? Its our anniversary so I am trying to get all my ducks in a row and we are planning to do Disney Dining.

It does increase crowds at Epcot, especially on the weekends. I would suggest making your dining reservations as soon as you can as people are already booking for November.

There have been reports of people who have had a bit too much to drink, once again mostly on weekends. However, this honestly could happen just as easily without the Food and Wine Festival.

We have been to food and wine festival twice, It really is fun to do if you are even remotely a foodie or wine conassiour (sp? clearly I fall into the former group:rotfl:) Reservations are hard to get for the epcot resturants so make them as far out as possible if you really want a specific one. One year we were able to still get reservations but it wasn't the resturant we wanted so all may not be lost.

We never saw anyone compleatly skunk drunk while we were there. I do remember seeing a few "happier" people but I NEVER NEVER saw anything I felt inappropriate. As the sister of a deputy I would have reported any violent, sick, or just bad drunks to Disney security. They really do a good job of watching for this behavior but like anywhere it can and probably has happened.

Hope this helps!
Minnesota

I would definitely avoid the weekends....unfortunately that's the only time we could go last year, and it was totally packed. A few "overly happy" people in the evening, but nothing too obnoxious. It was so hot (Oct 25th) that I was afraid to drink too much, tho the evening was pleasant once the sun went down.

I know of an incident a few years ago where a Guest decided to remove most of his clothing and went into the fountain on the Gate side of SSE and was asking women to join him. He spent the night in a room courtesy of Orange County Sheriff's Office and not in his hotel. Also, he and his wife check out of the Disney Resort the next day, forfeiting several days payment in their room in the Contemporary. Source of this information is very reliable.

I recommend avoiding the weekends. Epcot becomes louder and more crowded during the F&W fest. I have seen some obnoxious behavior in the past but nothing obscene, just annoying. Epcot does have a different "vibe" during the F&W fest.

:rotfl:

Thanks everyone I will be checking in on Saturday and checking out on a Saturday so I guess I will avoid the crowds on the weekends because of course will will need to be at the MK on our first night. Tradition.:goodvibes

Did both last year - really enjoyed it. We are nondrinkers and I only saw a few "loud" people, but not enough to discourage. Definitely try to do weekday for F&W and MNSSHP (It's cheaper if not a "premium" night). We didn't do any ressies to eat on either of these days, just CS meals. If you are on DDP, you can use snack credits for almost all food booths - we banked all of our credits and had 15. The only thing I will tell you is - IT WAS BRUTALLY HOT!!! Don't have a heavy costume, drink plenty of water and other nonalcoholic fluids. Had fun though!

I would think it'd be a tad easier to get into restaurants because a lot of people are eating at the kiosks. That is where you find the long lines on the weekends. Yikes!

I have never seen anyone acting out of line at FW and have been many times. IMO it's not worth making a trip just for FW, it's really not worth it.

We have been to the F & W festival many times and we have never seen inappropriate behavior. I agree with PP, there may have been a few "happy folks" but nothing I would be afraind for my children to see.
Have a Great Trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter