• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food & Wine Festival Ticket Question

alimcn

Earning My Ears
I'd like to buy tickets as a gift to my mother-in-law. I'm wondering if the just the general admission ticket is ok, or are there a lot of extras she would have to pay for once they get there? I've never been, so I'm not familiar how it works. I don't think she would do the seminars, it I would like her to be able to drink and eat throughout the day and not have to pay out of pocket.

Thanks!

F&W takes place within the EPCOT world showcase. So if you buy an admission ticket to EPCOT she can walk around and visit the various booths. I don't think you can purchase any type of package where she won't have to pay out of pocket. The only thing I could think of would be the dining plan for the snack options but paying out of pocket would be much cheaper.

You could always give her a Disney gift card to go along with her admission ticket. She can use the gift card to pay at all the booths for the food she wants to try.

This is great info.! Thank you! The Disney gift card idea is a great one! If it would be for her and her husband, would a $75 gift card be ok? $100? More? Not sure how much the average glass of wine & snack cost at the booths. Thanks again for the help!

This is great info.! Thank you! The Disney gift card idea is a great one! If it would be for her and her husband, would a $75 gift card be ok? $100? More? Not sure how much the average glass of wine & snack cost at the booths. Thanks again for the help!

I think $100 would be good for two people. It all depends on how crazy they go with purchasing. If you think they'd like something from each booth available maybe go with a little more. $100 should let them try around 7-8 things each.

The entirety of Food and Wine are the food booths where you purchase sample sized bits of food (for extravagant prices.) Expect to pay 5-7 dollars per sample, and have a wait to get it. Whatever you do, avoid Friday and Saturday in epcot during food and wine, it becomes a drunken mess a la Oktoberfest. But as previous posters have suggested, a nice F&W themed gift card would take care of this issue. Here is a link to the menus for this event: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-marketplace-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

All of the food and wine add ons, such as food demos (a great gift, especially since they are just 15 bucks a pop) are pre-booked this year. Call (407) 939-7679 and they'll be able to set you up with what's still available, depending on your date. If you can afford it, and it is available, get her into Party for the Senses, it looks amazing. I keep wanting to try it, but they keep missing my travel dates by a week or two. The food and wine pairings tend to be pretty good, too. YMMV

I'd like to buy tickets as a gift to my mother-in-law. I'm wondering if the just the general admission ticket is ok, or are there a lot of extras she would have to pay for once they get there? I've never been, so I'm not familiar how it works. I don't think she would do the seminars, it I would like her to be able to drink and eat throughout the day and not have to pay out of pocket.

Thanks!

The admission ticket just gets you into Epcot, but you have to pay extra for any food/wine/beer that you want. I agree with PP who said that $100 for two people should be plenty. That would cover enough tastings to be equivalent to a pretty decent dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter