Food &Wine Festival-really skimpy decorations!

Loverly

Lots of Chocolates for me to eat
Just back from WDW and noticed several "cost savings" things while there

But I always looked forward to the darling Topiary decorations at several locations at F&W at Epcot-NONE!!!:confused3

The opening decor was a big table with cut outs of chairs-big whoop!

In fact I didn't see ONE Topiary on our whole trip@!:mad:

We go to the F&W every year and honestly I do not remember any topiaries...I must be too busy concentrating on the food booths! :rotfl:

That is one reason we love to go in the Spring for the Flower & Garden show...great topiaries

I haven't seen topiaries at the F&W Festival in a couple of years ... the last time I know we saw them was in 2004. And I know what you mean because they were really cute ... I miss them too. :goodvibes

My last F&W was back in 2002, wiith 2 years previous.

Each visit had a huge topiariry at entrance, one where the main walk hits the lake, and a couple others.

Also used to see Topiaries at Studios, in front of Brown Derby (have pics of that)

I guess I am just a Topiary "nut";)

In 2004 at Epcot's front entrance Goofy was dressed up with an apron and a chef's hat and was positioned in front of a bbq grill. Minnie and Mickey were positioned near the entrance to the World Showcase and they were getting ready for a picnic.

I thought the topiaries added a nice decorative touch during F&W and I'm not sure why the powers that be decided to stop using them. I'm always a little disappointed when we arrive at F&W and there's nothing but painted props for decoration. I remember one year along with the topiaries they'd also planted herb gardens and it was beautiful ... lots of color and wonderful scents.

Oh well, another one bites the dust, right? ;)

I remember the topiaries, too. They'd have some out front by the entrance plaza, and they'd usually have another set of topiaries in World Showplace Plaza.

I noticed that the last couple of years, the decorations for the festival were sparse, too. The only thing I took a picture of this year were the decorations with the White Rabbit statue and the Cities in Wonderland cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter