• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food & Wine Extravaganza! Oct 2010 PTR...including BONUS Dec 2010 PTR!

Lots of changes since I've been MIA! The new job, trip changes and a new car! All GREAT things! Congratulations!! I'm headed over to the TR too. :goodvibes

Lots of changes since I've been MIA! The new job, trip changes and a new car! All GREAT things! Congratulations!! I'm headed over to the TR too. :goodvibes

It's been a good 2 weeks, I gotta say! I can't find my camera though, so no picture of the car yet! :laughing:

Anyone see my Eagles EMBARRASS McNabb & the Redskins last night?! Christmas totally came early at my house :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2:

9 Days!!!! :cool1: :banana: :dance3:

Just for a review since I feel like the trip has totally changed, here's where we stand...

I moved my flight up a day, so I'm really getting in on the 1st now (so okay, I guess I'm at 8 days...whoops!) My Mom is picking me up and we're heading over to Epcot to check out all the Santas around the World Showcase! We'll probably stay until about 5, then head back down to their place for dinner with my Pops.

Dec 2 (Thursday) my Mom and I are heading back up to Orlando and we have an appointment at David's Bridal! I went in yesterday for a bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding. While I was there, I asked if I could see a dress I've been eying online, but they only had a picture of the dress from the back online. So she showed me the dress and was like "wanna try it on?" (Monday morning at David's Bridal is dead! :laughing: ) Tried on the dress and fell in love. There are a few more dresses I want to try on from David's Bridal, but I think I found my dress! :yay: My cousin is flying in that day (the original plan) and should get in around lunch time. We'll meet her and then we're resort hopping and/or checking out DTD. At 7, we have an ADR at Bluezoo, my parents will be joining us for it.

Dec 3 (Friday) we're starting at Epcot. We have a lunch ADR at Biergarten, and we're checking out the first run of the Candlelight Processional (with the Dad from Psych as the narrator.) After that, we have party tickets for MVMCP! :banana: And my other cousin will be joining us at some point on Friday.

Dec 4 (Saturday) we're starting at HS, then maybe some DTD shopping, back to HS for Osbourne Lights. Then we're hopping over to Epcot and doing dinner at the Tequila bar in Mexico (they have apps and the like!) Our plan is to check out Holiday Illuminations! Then maybe Jellyrolls afterwards.

Dec 5 (Sunday) the original plan was to hit AK, my cousins still will, but I had to move my flight up (I need to be in Cleveland for my new job at 9am on Monday. My first flight got in at midnight into Rochester! :laughing: )

It'll be busy, but I'm excited :woohoo:

I think you need to post a picture of the dress - or, the back of it I guess, haha.

It's this dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_All-Over-Lace-A-Line-Gown-with-Obi-Sash-CWG365

We have our engagement pictures this afternoon and I'm meeting with a DJ tomorrow. It's all wedding, wedding, wedding, and then? Disney :laughing:

I do have bad news though, Bandit slipped on Friday at Geoff's parents house and hurt his back leg :guilty: He's favoring it a lot and I'm taking him to the vet in about an hour. He hasn't cried or yelped, so it's probably just a sprain, but we're a little overprotective. So we're just going to get it looked at so we can sleep better at night. We have pet insurance, so the beauty of it is that we don't have to give it a second thought :thumbsup2

Oh wow, that is really nice. What kind of neckline does it have?

Sorry to hear about Bandit =( I think it's generally better to be overly cautious, since if something is wrong the longer you wait to take him, the worse the final result might be.

That's a very beautiful dress! Yikes on the price!

I know exactly what you mean, when you are planning, it's all wedding every day...have you even started on invitations? There are some beautiful Disney invites! :rotfl2:

Oh wow, that is really nice. What kind of neckline does it have?

Sorry to hear about Bandit =( I think it's generally better to be overly cautious, since if something is wrong the longer you wait to take him, the worse the final result might be.

It's a halter neckline. I'll try to get pictures of it when I try it on!

Update on Bandit: His knee is inflamed, but everything is okay. We need to keep him quiet and off of it and the vet gave us better anti-inflammatory medicine.

That's a very beautiful dress! Yikes on the price!

I know exactly what you mean, when you are planning, it's all wedding every day...have you even started on invitations? There are some beautiful Disney invites! :rotfl2:

I thought I was doing well on price! :laughing: There are so many dresses out there that you can easily spend over $3,000...if not a LOT more! All the ones I've liked have been between $1,000-$1,500, which makes my Mom happy!!

We started looking at invites, but haven't ordered any yet. We need to set the time for the ceremony...haven't decided if it'll be 3:30 or 4 yet.

I thought I was doing well on price! :laughing: There are so many dresses out there that you can easily spend over $3,000...if not a LOT more! All the ones I've liked have been between $1,000-$1,500, which makes my Mom happy!!

I suppose in the scheme of things it is a decent price. I've had two weddings one in 1993 and one in 2008. I'm probably the bargain hunter. I got my first dress for $225 at the JC Penney Outlet and it was my dream dress then, I had my 2nd one custom made in China off of eBay for about $300 and it was my dream dress. The first one was when I was young and poor and the second when I had realized that spending $25K+ on a wedding was a waste since it only lasted two years! :lmao:

I'm sure that your marriage will be much more successful! I like to think that I did it much better the second time! Good luck on all the planning! It's a journey!

So I got the dress! Very big check off the list!

I'm not sure if I'm going to do a TR from the trip. We did a lot of bouncing and it'll probably be hard to follow. I'll do a dining report though, and once I get the photos loaded, I'll post the link.

LOVE the dress! Beaaaaaaaaaaautiful! Def post pics of you in it! Please! :goodvibes

I'm so glad to read Bandit is okay, I hope he's mending well!

I'm off to read your Dining report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter