Food & Wine 2014 - culinary demos

kphamousbr

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone ! We are going to Epcot Food & Wine in Sept and booked culinary demonstration . Please tell us about this event if you had been anticipated . Thanks . Have a magical weekend.

Probably a better topic for the theme parks or restaurants boards than "purchasing DVC."

That said, we have been to a couple of the demos and have really enjoyed them. I'm sure you will have a good time.

I don't know which one you booked, but we've done several demos from wine tastings, to desserts, cooking demos... they've all been fabulous.

We've been to a number of the culinary seminars and most follow the same pattern. It is a beverage (typically wine or beer) and food pairing with someone from the beverage company discussing the beverage first and then each person has a sampling of the beverage. The chef will prepare the food item featured in the demo and a serving will be brought out to everyone. You'll receive a printed copy of the recipe. Most demos last about 45-60 minutes and the chef usually remains afterwards to chat and answer individual questions.

Some places to get info on the seminars and all other things F&W are:

-the sticky at the top of the Restaurant board dedicated to the 2014 F&W Festival
-the Disney Food Blog site has a lot of info
-allears has info and reviews from past years
-wdwinfo hosts the disboards and at the top of this page is a dark blue tab called "Events" that has a link to the F&W

I love the cooking demonstrations and when I lived in the Orlando area I went to many throughout the course of the Food and Wine Festival. I actually grew to prefer them to visiting the food booths. I am a foodie and love cooking shows so this was right up my alley so to speak.

What I loved about the cooking demonstrations:
sitting in the nice air conditioned Festival Center
meeting and chatting with people who were sitting at my table
seeing the chef prepare the dish in front of me
hearing the vineyard representative talk about the wine being offered
enjoying the combination of the dish and the wine together in a relaxed setting - at a table - very enjoyable - have a great time! :goodvibes

There is also a lot of activity going on in the Festival Center which in my opinion is definitely something not to miss.

Do children ever attend the culinary demonstrations? My daughter who is 8 years old LOVES cooking shows and the Food Network. I think she'd enjoy it but wasn't sure if they are kid friendly.

Thanks!

Children can attend but there are a few things to know:

You must purchase a ticket for the child, regardless of his or her age (including toddlers and infants).
The child will not be served the included alcoholic beverage, but there will be no price reduction.
There are no alternative beverages other than water.
Substitutions or alterations are for the most part not available on the food.

Children are not permitted to attend the beverage or mixology seminars - just the culinary ones.

Last year when we were at a culinary demo, there were a few kids present. All well behaved.

They were offered a can of soda in place of the wine. Doesn't hurt to ask. Most people working the event are super nice and willing to help.

Thanks for the replies! I figured I would have to purchase her a ticket but for $15, it wouldn't break the bank. :) I just wanted to be sure it wasn't in bad taste to have her there with me. She's my adventurous eater so I think it'll be a fun experience for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter