food special requests

Chip's My Hero

Mouseketeer
Hello, not sure if I'm posting in the right place..please move me if I'm not. :)

Recently I was put on medication for extremely high blood pressure and thankfully with the meds it's really under control. But saying that I have overhauled my diet and my intake of sodium, fats etc. Regular potato chips are suddenly WAY too salty. LOL But I've noticed if my blood pressure goes up too far I get horrible headaches and get feeling really awful.

My question, if i want to continue to watch my intake at the world, make it so I don't ruin the trip by being sick all the time...what is the best way to get my food "healthier"? Do I need to talk to each TS restaurant as I walk in or do I need to make the notice on my ADRs? How do I handle this?

I know I won't be able to be crazy healthy but I think that I need to be aware of how to handle this.

Thanks for any and all input! :goodvibes

Check out the disABILITIES board on here. There should be contact info around there for the Special Diets department. Fill out a quick form stating your needs and they'll be noted on the reservations.

When you arrive, also mention this to the hostess/server and someone will come out to discuss your needs (no salt, sauce, what buffet items and such like that).

As you're making your reservations (if you do it online) they'll have info on how to contact the special diets people, and even when to contact them! They make it really easy. :)

And then your ADRs will be noted, the chef should come out and talk to you, and you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter