• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Food On Castaway Cay

wearegoingtoDisney

Mouseketeer
In "The picture of the day thread" I saw the picture of the fruit table at CC. The way it was set up it looked buffet style and it made me wonder if there is a buffet you can eat from on the island or am I just dreaming that this would be a perk of the cruise. In other words is there free food on CC???

IS THERE A BUFFET???!!!!!

Yup!

Big barbecue buffet at the Family beach and another buffet at the Adult beach.

Lunch is served at Cookie's Bar-B-Q and features a buffet with ribs, chicken, hamburgers, salads, corn on the cob, fresh fruit, soft serve ice cream and other picnic style fare

FABULOUS!!!

Not sure if it is the sun, the island or what, but I thought it was one of the best barbecue's I've had! Yummy ... now I'm hungry.

Indeed there is. There is a lunchtime buffet type meal at Cookies BBQ which has burgers, chicken, salads, cookies, desserts etc. There is also food at the adult beach which I think may have lobster as well - not sure because I haven't eaten there. The fruit station is set a little aside from the main place and is delicious.

What time does the BBQ open? Is there usually a mad rush when it starts, and do they run out of anything if you don't go early? Just curious because we want to do some things, like bicycle riding, etc. and want to plan accordingly.

Do they serve lunch on board the ship in any of the restaurants when the ship is docked at Castaway Cay?

They have THE BEST chocolate chip cookies...different from on the ship! I usually bring a zip lock bag and take a few for the flight home!

kaceyisme said:
What time does the BBQ open? Is there usually a mad rush when it starts, and do they run out of anything if you don't go early? Just curious because we want to do some things, like bicycle riding, etc. and want to plan accordingly.

I believe the BBQ opens around 11am. I don't know about the early crowds, we usually go near the end (think they clean up around 2pm). Just wanted to say that we have always had our choice of items even very close to closing.

I'm never on the ship during Castaway Cay. I'm sure they have places to eat that are available but I'm sure it is much more limited than normal port days because the dining staff on Castaway Cay is from the ship.

Favorite Auntie said:
They have THE BEST chocolate chip cookies...different from on the ship! I usually bring a zip lock bag and take a few for the flight home!

Oh Oh - Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is a big no no!. You can't take food off the ship when re-entering the US unless it is still sealed in its original packaging. You could face big fines if customs happened to find those cookies.

The fruit is there from the time you get off the ship and to die for...I'm a California girl, I know when fruit is at its best...it is wonderful at CC. The Bar-be-Que is also good...wonderful cheeseburgers, salmon or lobster patties, coleslaw and potato salads, Caesar salad, yummy little banana breads and pineapple upside down cake, plus frozen yogurts and cookies. And of course Konk Koolers ! We are on the EB repo, am so excited !!!

Since we missed CC on our last cruise (thanks Hurricane Jeanne!) - I am SO looking forward to being there on our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise which includes TWO stops on CC!!

Thanks for the food info -- I am even more excited about going there now, especially since *all diets are OFF when cruising* as far as I'm concerned - LOL!

Kris

:flower: FaNtAsTiC information everyone! :flower:
I knew there was food on C.C. but the specifics sound yummy!!! :p
How would I ever get all this great info without the DIS??? :disrocks:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Haven't been yet, but I heard there is also a different menu at Serenity Bay (the adult side of the island).

Hoping after 4 times cruising with DCL we'll make it this time :)

Deb

This thread will make my DH's day. This is our first cruise and all these food details will thrill him. We were also able to take advantage of the free Sept. Dining Plan. We joke that the theme of this trip if FOOD! It definately has made my DH more excited about WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter