Food on Castaway Cay

tink2007

DIS Veteran
Maybe it's just me but I haven't seen any info on meals on Castaway Cay.
Do you eat while on the island or on the ship??
If you eat on the island, what kind of food is it?

I think you can do either. They had BBQ foods and sides. Lots of fruit and, of course, soft serve ice cream.

There is Cookies 1 and Cookies Too. Both have the same food, its BBQ. Burgers, Dogs, salads, BBQ Chicken, ribs, chips, drinks, i thought it was actually really good.

Excellent food mmm delicious BBQ they even had bags of chips available. They also have dining on the ship if you prefer.

Are these self serve type places, and do you tip there? This will be our first cruise, trying to learn as much as I can before we go.

Are these self serve type places, and do you tip there? This will be our first cruise, trying to learn as much as I can before we go.

They are buffets and you do not tip. As stated by other posters, there is Cookies and Cookies 2 as well as the BBQ on Serenity Bay for 18+. We recently ate at Serenity Bay and they had fresh fruits, cous cous, potato salad, salad, chips, hot dogs, burger, ribs, ribeyes, chicken, and mahi mahi. I'm sure there were other sides but I don't recall what they were. They also had different desserts and chocolate chip cookies. You can purchase an alcoholic beverage with your meal or they have a soda dispenser.

We have eaten at Cookies before and the only difference in food I think is that they didn't have steak. :)

They are buffets and you do not tip. As stated by other posters, there is Cookies and Cookies 2 as well as the BBQ on Serenity Bay for 18+. We recently ate at Serenity Bay and they had fresh fruits, cous cous, potato salad, salad, chips, hot dogs, burger, ribs, ribeyes, chicken, and mahi mahi. I'm sure there were other sides but I don't recall what they were. They also had different desserts and chocolate chip cookies. You can purchase an alcoholic beverage with your meal or they have a soda dispenser.

We have eaten at Cookies before and the only difference in food I think is that they didn't have steak. :)

Thanks for that info. I was wondering if there was food at SB. :thumbsup2

Yes the food/soda/desserts/chips are included. Alcohol is, as always, additional.

Last time I checked fish isn't vegetarian :confused: - anyway for those that are truly veggie, there is typically a veggie chili and I have seen sides like couscous salad and tomato salad, along with the aforementioned breads. There is also a fresh cut fruit table in addition to the normal "mix" on the buffet. I love getting things like mango and papaya beyond pineapple and melon while on the island.

I think that there were veggie burgers too but you have to ask for them and then they cook them on a separate grill. I'm not 100% positive of this as I don't like veggie burgers so wouldn't ask for them myself but I have this vague recollection.

This was at Serenity Bay. Lines are shorter there so they can take more time to add something to the grill - I don't know if this would be available at Cookies because of that or if they have it routinely at Cookies because of the volumes of people going through.

Regardless, as others have stated, they have fruit and lots of salads and you can always eat on ship if you can't find any vegetarian alternatives.

Are there vegetarian options on Castaway Cay?

There are veggie burgers and fruit salad and some veggies. There was tabouleh as well on our last cruise. If you're vegan, they can send special meals preordered through your dining team for pickup at the island dining locations.

Are there vegetarian options on Castaway Cay?

Oh absolutely!

My sweet husband brought me a plate of the best food, all vegetarian. Veggie burger (I cannot remember if it was a normal veggie burger or the black bean type), vegetarian beans (in this sweetish tomatoey sauce that I thought I would hate but I LOOOOVED), corn, slaw, a couscous-ish sort of dish.

IMG_7844_zps7b920241.jpg

I ate the whole plate of food, it was SO good. Now I'll mention that I had done the 5K and was feeling super-good about myself and super-hungry, but it was really really good food, IMO.

Weirdly, I hated the cookie. Took a bite and it was gross. About half hour later, as my aunt was taking bits of it b/c she thought it was so good, I took another bite (it was very warm and melty by then) and it was worse. I do NOT understand how people like them. Possibly the worst chocolate chip cookie I've ever tasted. But everyone has different tastes and the cookies are included, so you might as well see how you like them. :)

While drooling, er, looking at that picture, I remembered that my husband told me not to bother with the little carrot cake thing in the middle of the plate because it was pretty bad. Well, I loved that. Another lesson in "everyone has different tastebuds". :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter