Food & meals

sara969

My Little Tinkerbell
Good morning :flower1::mickeyjum:tink:
I was wondering if it is worth adding on Full Board or Half Board?
What about the restaurants that are not on the list? I want to do Rainforest Cafe and Planet Hollywood. Is it possible to use the vouchers? Or must I exchange the vouchers for money? If so where do I exchange it for money? Many thanks for your help

Hi

I think booking a meal plan is quite personal to each person, and while it can save you money, it' more of a planning tool for most people. I don't usually use a meal plan (unless it's given for free) but for my July trip I will as I'm taking my family (Sister, Brother, Brother in Law and Niece and Nephew). As I was treating everyone, I added half board plus so I could ensure all meals were covered when we were away and to spread the cost. However, it only makes sense to pay full price if you plan on eating in some of the nicer places and making time for sit down meals. If you are a grab and go counter service person then the standard could make sense but so too, paying as you could. Like i say I'd built it into your plan and also plan without and take a view.

The rainforest cafe and planet Hollywood aren't covered under the plans. I'm not sure if the vouchers can be used in these restaurants (I have no experience of this, sorry) but if you can exchange for cash value then you don't physically get given cash, you just hand over the voucher when paying your bill and pay the difference from the face value of the voucher.

Hope this helps

K.

Thank you for your help. Very helpful :flower1:
I think we will give it a miss this time and that way we are free to choose what ever we feel like on the day.

i think you're making the right decision sara, especially since the restaurants you want to eat in aren't covered by any of the dining plans at DLP anyway.

We used to use the meal plan a few years ago to help with budgeting for the trip. At least you know all your meals have already been paid for.

But now IMO they are not worth the money. Plus several days of three course meals can be very filling.

We just pay as we go these days, as sometimes you just want a lite lunch and evening meal.

The best suggestion I have seen is to put your food budget on a pre-paid card and just use the money on that to pay for your meals.

We used to use the meal plan a few years ago to help with budgeting for the trip. At least you know all your meals have already been paid for.

But now IMO they are not worth the money. Plus several days of three course meals can be very filling.

We just pay as we go these days, as sometimes you just want a lite lunch and evening meal.

The best suggestion I have seen is to put your food budget on a pre-paid card and just use the money on that to pay for your meals.

Fab advice thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter