• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food into parks?

la79al

DIS Veteran
I know the official policy is no food or drinks can be taken in and I'm not trying to sneak in a 4 course meal or anything but my youngest is not quite 2 and super picky and generally won't eat at mealtime. Will we get in trouble trying to throw a few snacks into the diaper bag? And I'm assuming bottles of water are fine for everyone? ETA-only looking at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

We bring bottled water and powerade and I've had a snack in my backpack. As long as you don't have a picnic lunch, you're ok. Also, if you have a special diet and need to bring in food items, that is ok too.

Yes, you can bring in food. This is a new change in their policy. The limit is enough for those in your party.
I have seen coolers let in(smaller ones) don't know if there is a size limit.

Yes, you can bring in food. This is a new change in their policy. The limit is enough for those in your party.
I have seen coolers let in(smaller ones) don't know if there is a size limit.

If the policy has changed, they have not updated the website:

https://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/park-info/food-and-beverage-policy/

Dining at SeaWorld®
Restaurants and concession stands are located conveniently throughout the park. Large hard or soft coolers, glass containers, food, drinks and picnic lunches may not be taken into the park. Guests with special diets, baby formula or baby food may bring their items into the park.

I have never had anyone say anything about the breakfast bars or water I bring in for snacks/drinks. We bought one of their refillable bottles that is good for 99 cent refills forever. I love not having to carry heavy water bottles around. Now we just get one refilled as needed. It is hard to find unsweetened ice tea or other drinks with no sugar. It is available in restaurants but not kiosks. We fill the bottle at water fountains when we only want water.

I think their policy is about descouraging people from feeding the animals and making sure people do not bring in alcohol and not just about making money on food and drink sales, but I could be wrong.

When we bought passes in 2010, I heard about people being asked to eat their sandwiches outside. The only item we've ever been asked to leave outside or discard was a disposable straw (juice box).

We never had trouble with food for our littles in a diaper bag. Even without a diaper bag, I always have some dry snacks (like PB crackers or cheez-its) to stave off crankiness.

One time during early June when the park closed at 7pm, all food was closed on the shamu side of the park an hour before closing (which is when the last shamu show happened). My blood sugar was crashing and there wasn't anywhere to buy food at that time. I walked up to the pretzel place only to find the door locked. I knocked but had to watch from outside as the employees throw out everything left in the case.

Since then I always have a granola bar or two on hand to avoid headaches and crashes! We do enjoy the refillable cups (which also work for 99 cent slushes), and use an annual pass dining plan often.

I watched the people in front of me get their 2 liter bottle of Pepsi confiscated It really held up the line as the security checker was unsure or not and they had a ask a few people. I honestly could not imagine trying to bring that in my bag. We brought in some crackers and an orange and they did not care about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter