Food Glorious Food (please, may I have some more) Updated OPR & Sunshine Seasons!

Oh, those profiteroles look amazing; nothing else for it but to go change my Epcot plans :lmao: TTFN!

My DH and I just came back from DW we were there from 5-3 to 5-8 and we did enjoy our dinner at Tutto Italia. Those profitelores were delicious. Can't wait for the rest of your report.

I got the Cannelloni (baked with spinach, ricotta, bechamel and parmesan cheese). It was delish! Creamy, cheesy, fattening, yummy! It doesn't look that big but it was quite filling. I'd definitely recommend it.

tn_IMG_2280.jpg
This looks soooooo good! :love:

Thanks for the Beaches and Cream cheeseburger review. We have planned to eat at Hurrican Hannah's so we can try the B&C burger. Sorry to hear it was just okay. I can not wait to hear where your favorite burger was from!

We are trying Tutto Italia for the first time in June. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Looking forward to reading more of your reviews. popcorn::

Yes, it was good, but not amazing. If you are staying at the boardwalk area, I definitely think it is worth a trip to B&C. In fact, even if you aren't staying there I think it is worth it. I am just not sure it is worth it just for the burger. Then again, if I was sitting along stormalong bay, I'd grab a burger from Harpoon Hannah's w/o a second thought.

Oh, those profiteroles look amazing; nothing else for it but to go change my Epcot plans :lmao: TTFN!

Seriously, I have been know to go places just for profiteroles, but these were really top notch. I think the last minute addition of the hot chocolate sauce over the cold gelato is what makes it. Nice size portion, great gelato, yummy chocolate - what is not to like!

My DH and I just came back from DW we were there from 5-3 to 5-8 and we did enjoy our dinner at Tutto Italia. Those profitelores were delicious. Can't wait for the rest of your report.

Thanks! They were so yum!

Ok, I should be working... but instead I'll think about Disney World! :laughing:

For our first full day at WDW we headed over to the MK. As an aside, I ordered a variety of groceries from Garden Grocer that we had delivered to our resort when we arrived. To me it is well with the small cost to have everything waiting when we arrive rather than having to run around an unfamiliar grocery store trying to decide what to buy. Just in case you are curious, we ordered a case of water (at $7 that is the cost of about 2 at the parks!), plus some yogurt tubes, apples, bananas, mini boxes of cereal, mini muffins, pretzels, milk, and maybe a few things I am forgetting. I also ordered paper bowls, plastic spoons, and ziplock bags. This made it easy to eat in the room for breakfast, plus we could easily save leftovers, transport snacks, etc.

So after a quick breakfast in the room, we headed over to MK. We had lunch at one of my MK favorites - Columbia Harbor House. I always like this place because I enjoy the quiet upstairs and I think they have some unique things you can't find other places.

For lunch, I had the Anchors Aweigh sandwich (white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun $8.09). It comes with a bag of chips. It is really yummy tuna and tastes so great after being out in the hot park. I had the chocolate cake for dessert. It is one of those in the little cup with the lid. So chocolatey and yummy! MMM! I seem to only have a pic of the sandwich though...

tn_IMG_2311.jpg

DH had the BLT salad (Mixed greens with crispy chicken, bacon, egg, and tomato $7.19). Basically a salad with chicken nuggets on top. Since I love WDW nuggets, that is good with me! He said the salad was very good. They had assorted dressings at the napkin station. I think he got ranch. DH also had the chocolate cake for dessert. We both had sodas, btw.

tn_IMG_2310.jpg

DD8 ordered the kids "chicken chunks". I don't see them on the all ears menu but she definitely got a kids meal. It came with two sides and she got the grapes (bagged and removed from the vine) and a chocolate chip cookie (also bagged). Here is the annoying part - the kids chicken "chunks" are not the same as the good adult chicken nuggets. Instead of the yummy crunchy breaded ones (ala McDonalds chicken selects), they are round processed circles with sort of a crumb breading. I wish I had taken a picture but apparently with all the "these are gross" chaos I forgot. Needless to say my picky daughter took one look and declined. Even after the required "taste it before you say no" (does that ever work btw?), she didn't want them. Fortunately DH is a champ and he took her kids nuggets and gave her the real ones from his salad.

This issue did not appear to be unique to CHH so I can't blame them, but honestly, they can't give the kids the real nuggets? Definitely seemed like Disney is cheaping out here.

DD5 ordered the "pie" PBJ. Strangely this is not on the all ears menu either. She got it with the bagged carrots and the chocolate chip cookie. Both girls ordered waters and got mini bottles. The cookies were sort of cold and blah looking to me, but the kids liked them so I guess it doesn't matter.

We used 4 CS credits at CHH. As usual, I thought the food was good, atmosphere nice, and the selection great. We'll definitely be back.

As an aside, we also used three snack credits that day - one on popcorn at the cart in Fronteirland (salty and deliciously unnatural tasting), and two on a cookie and muffin from Main Street Bakery (huge and delicious).

And just b/c I can't resist, a cute picture of the girls with Peter Pan. Be back soon with my Kona review. Macadamia nut butter, where have you been all my life! :love:

tn_IMG_2305.jpg

Can't wait to hear about Kona! :)

That is bad that the kids nuggets aren't as good quality as the adults, surely they could just do a half portion for them?

And a very cte photo of your DDs by the way, although Peter is a little scary.....

And a very cute photo of your DDs by the way, although Peter is a little scary.....

Yes, he doesn't exactly scream "spritely" does he? But he was nice and good with the girls. They love Peter Pan, although I was sad we didn't see Wendy. Last time she was over there with him both times.

Not sure why, but when I saw that picture of Peter Pan, I thought "Zac Efron in 15 years"

Your girls look adorable!

Great CHH review. It's my fave CS in MK if not all of the World. I too am a little schocked about the kids nuggets though. We will probably just order an adult meal and split it between the 3 of our kids.

Now you got me really wanting an anchor's aweigh sandwich. :rotfl:

Great reviews :goodvibes

Where did you find Peter Pan Meet & Greet??? My kids would go mental!!!!

MMMMMM! Thanks for the pic of the anchors aweigh! That is the only Tuna sandwich I eat anywhere! I don't even make them at home LOL! I love Columbia Harbour House! :love: I have to agree, thats one scary looking Peter!

Where did you find Peter Pan Meet & Greet??? My kids would go mental!!!!

I'm not the OP, but I saw this meet and greet happening a couple of weeks ago in the Pirates pavilion in Adventureland - the far right part of it, just before the walkway to Frontierland. We saw it twice, once with just Peter, and once with Peter and Wendy together.

I'm really enjoying the reviews!

The kids nuggets from CHH sound just like the ones my little niece had at Cosmic Rays...she took one bite and said they were yucky, and they were exactly like the ones you described!

The tuna and the chicken BLT salad are my favorites from all the CS in MK!

Cant wait to read what is next

Great reviews so far! I have a very picky DS, 13 years old, I was hoping he'd grow out if by now! So I know what you're going through! We found all the restaurants very accommodating, so I'm sure there are lots of picky kids out there.

Looking forward to more!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter