Food/Drink question

mommytoxzande

Mouseketeer
Hi All-
My son is required to drink two BOOST drinks a day for medical reasons. We will be in Disney for 10 day at the end of June/early July. We will be flying so it will be difficult to bring it with us. Any suggestions on where I can order it from so he will have it?

My daughter usually gets boost tube feeds, but for the trip we switched to pediasure. You can buy pediasure in powder form and mix with milk, much easier for us than dragging a case of her formula along. You could also order boost from Amazon and have them ship it to the hotel

I'd order it from Amazon and have it shipped to the hotel. Alternatively, you could contact one of the shopping services like Wegoshop or Garden Grocer.

If you choose to get it in Disney from agrocery store or Wal-Mart, call first to make sure they have it. Where I live, most stores don't carry boost

Keep in mind that convention resorts charge fees for packages sent to the resort. Fees are per package and based on weight. And resorts that many don't think would have fees, do...such at Grand Floridian, The Contemporary, Boardwalk/Beach Club....

Keep in mind that convention resorts charge fees for packages sent to the resort. Fees are per package and based on weight. And resorts that many don't think would have fees, do...such at Grand Floridian, The Contemporary, Boardwalk/Beach Club....
That's not always the case. We have shipped without being charged (medical reasons) and if it's for medical purposes I am pretty sure they will wave that should they try.

That's not always the case. We have shipped without being charged (medical reasons) and if it's for medical purposes I am pretty sure they will wave that should they try.
I know some family that have shipped things down to disney and they have never been charged for shipping things and they are down there right now shipped thing this trip were not charged ( I think they are staying at AOA this trip)

You can request that they waive it with medical shipment but just because it is medical supplies does not obligate them to waive the fees. So one should be prepared to pay the fee in case they are not willing to waive it.

I know some family that have shipped things down to disney and they have never been charged for shipping things and they are down there right now shipped thing this trip were not charged ( I think they are staying at AOA this trip)
Reread my post. I said CONVENTION resorts charge fees for packages. AoA is not a convention resort.
I ship stuff to my hotel pretty much every trip but I don't stay at Convention resorts, so I don't pay either. One of the reasons I dont use Coronado Springs at the moderate level. Sometimes I will send multiple pkgs (3 or 4) during the same trip.

You can request that they waive it with medical shipment but just because it is medical supplies does not obligate them to waive the fees. So one should be prepared to pay the fee in case they are not willing to waive it.

Reread my post. I said CONVENTION resorts charge fees for packages. AoA is not a convention resort.
I ship stuff to my hotel pretty much every trip but I don't stay at Convention resorts, so I don't pay either. One of the reasons I dont use Coronado Springs at the moderate level. Sometimes I will send multiple pkgs (3 or 4) during the same trip.
I also know family that stay at the contipary and they ship things I do not think they have every been charged they are staying there in 10 or so days ( I thought I put this in my first post) it might be the amount or how long they hold it. I would suggest the op call the hotel and more then likely they will be fine shipping some bust to the hotel a day or two before they arive.

Drugstore.com also sells and ships it. If you are a Shoprunner member it is free 2 day delivery with minimum $25 order.

As others have noted, Amazon also sells and ships it (sold by and ships from Amazon). Amazon Prime will get you 2 day delivery or, with a small fee, one day delivery, if desired.

On our last several WDW trips I have used both Drugstore.com and Amazon to order things and have them delivered to our resort. IIRC each time we have been staying at Wilderness Lodge; since it is not a convention resort there was no charge for receiving the packages. What I do is confirm they have been delivered through the website's tacking, and then when we arrive (or if ordering during the stay), go to the front desk to pick them up.

If I am getting them for arrival, I place the order so it arrives a day or two before we do (Shoprunner and Amazon Prime are helpful in this regard); 2 or even 3 is good since it gives a buffer for delays... When we arrive and check in we go and check out our room first and make sure there are no issues, then I head down to Bell Services to have our luggage sent up to the room; at that point I also tell them about our Garden Grocer and any shipped orders so they can retrieve them as well and bring everything up at once. We tip accordingly for the total # of items delivered to the room.

SW

Let's not argue about shipping fees. WDW convention resorts do typically charge a fee to receive shipments. Whether or not that fee may be waived on request, or the charge simply never gets put to the guest on occasion, I can't say. It may be possible that packages shipped via USPS do not get charged extra, but that is not a definite.

Information about shipping to resorts can be found on the Resorts Board: http://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

I have packed that much Ensure in my checked luggage (in large Ziploc bags in case of breakage and in between clothes to prevent breakage - they have never broken), but if it easier for you to ship, just make sure you order it so it arrives in time. Or see if one of the grocery delivery services carries it. And I would still pack a day or two worth in luggage just in case (I do this for month-long trips that I know I will be buying Ensure at my location [can't ship because it is international, so would cost far too much], although a grocery store run usually happens the next day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter