Food+Drink At DC?.

Snowy-girls

Did you speak to a 'human being'
Hello-I am interested in booking DC for our family,and can't seem to find out anything about the free food and drinks-can someone give me the food,snack,drink options available please and pics if possible :thumbsup2.Thank you.x.

I didn't take any pictures while in Discovery Cove. We were there this past December. Breakfast was a bunch of different options, I remember the standard eggs, bacon, sausage, I believe some sort of french toast sticks, a breakfast casserole, fried potatoes/hashbrowns/home fries, and then grab and go items such as fruit, pudding, jello, cereal, milk, breakfast pastries.

Lunch was about 5 hot options ranging from hamburgers, chicken tenders, some sort of fish dish, roasted chicken, then some side items like french fries, and then the grab and go area was fruit, salads, desserts, pudding, jello.

The snack options varied throughout the kiosks around the park. Most had a big basket on the counter filled with individual bags of potato chips, granola bars, pretzels, etc. and served warm soft pretzels. Some had popcorn (if I remember correctly). One or two had ice cream (chocolate/vanilla in cups like you get from the grocery store, not soft serve or hand scooped). Alcoholic slushies (like pina coladas) and alcoholic drinks (like beer, vodka/lemonade, margaritas [don't get too excited these two come in the world's smallest plastic cups :lmao:]) and I believe a non-alcoholic slushie (like a slurpee) and then soft drinks. Some have coffee/hot chocolate too (we actually got hot chocolate when we were there because it was 60 degrees outside and the Grand Reef is cold!). We were pleased with all the selections. I mean, nothing we had was amazing, but it was all edible and at least tasty.

I didn't take any pictures while in Discovery Cove. We were there this past December. Breakfast was a bunch of different options, I remember the standard eggs, bacon, sausage, I believe some sort of french toast sticks, a breakfast casserole, fried potatoes/hashbrowns/home fries, and then grab and go items such as fruit, pudding, jello, cereal, milk, breakfast pastries.

Lunch was about 5 hot options ranging from hamburgers, chicken tenders, some sort of fish dish, roasted chicken, then some side items like french fries, and then the grab and go area was fruit, salads, desserts, pudding, jello.

The snack options varied throughout the kiosks around the park. Most had a big basket on the counter filled with individual bags of potato chips, granola bars, pretzels, etc. and served warm soft pretzels. Some had popcorn (if I remember correctly). One or two had ice cream (chocolate/vanilla in cups like you get from the grocery store, not soft serve or hand scooped). Alcoholic slushies (like pina coladas) and alcoholic drinks (like beer, vodka/lemonade, margaritas [don't get too excited these two come in the world's smallest plastic cups :lmao:]) and I believe a non-alcoholic slushie (like a slurpee) and then soft drinks. Some have coffee/hot chocolate too (we actually got hot chocolate when we were there because it was 60 degrees outside and the Grand Reef is cold!). We were pleased with all the selections. I mean, nothing we had was amazing, but it was all edible and at least tasty.

The fish dish was salmon when we were there and it was actually very good. They also have wine to drink as well.

Found this on an older thread

The Continental Breakfast which consists of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast sticks, potatoes, biscuits, and a variety of individually packaged cereal, , croissants, juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

Snacks Available at our Market Places:
• Baked Regular Lays
• Regular Potato Chips
• Salt & Vinegar Chips
• Sour Cream & Onion Chips
• Pretzels
• Oreo
• Fig Newtons
• Fresh Warm Pretzel
• Cherry-Snow Icee
• Lemonade Icee
• Sugar-Free Cookies
• Whole Fresh Fruit
• Assorted Pepsi Products
• Assorted Anheuser-Busch Products
*Frozen mixed drinks (Strawberry Daiquiri, Margarita and Pina Colada) can be purchased.

Entrée Selections:
• Spaghetti and Meatballs
Pasta with Marinara Sauce, topped with Meatballs

• Maple Glazed Salmon
Grilled Salmon with Black Bean and Mango Chutney Served with Roasted Potatoes and Stir Fry Vegetables

• Cajun Jambalaya
Andouille Sausage, Grilled Chicken and Peppers in a zesty Tomato Sauce. Served over Seasoned Rice with Corn on the Cob

• Coconut Curry Chicken
Marinated, Slow Roasted Chicken Breast with a Coconut Curry Sauce served with Yellow Rice.
• Caribbean Jerk Pork
Chef Carved Pork with Smoked Bacon and Sour Apple Chutney served with Yellow Rice

Classic Sandwiches:
• Deluxe Bacon Cheeseburger
Char-Grilled Burger topped with Cheddar Cheese and Peppered Bacon. Served with French Fries.

• Grilled All-Beef Hot Dog
Jumbo hot dog. Served with French fries and corn on the cob.

• Crispy Chicken Fingers
Crispy chicken fingers served with French fries and corn on the cob.

• Tuscan Italian Club Sandwich
Served with Potato or Pasta Salad.

Fresh Salads:
• Spinach Salad
Spinach, Red Onion and Feta Cheese topped with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.

• Caesar Salad
Crisp Romaine Lettuce topped with Croutons, Parmesan Cheese and Caesar Dressing.

• Shrimp Salad
Crisp Romaine Lettuce topped with baby shrimp and Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.

Tempting Desserts:
• Chocolate Cherry Cake
• Cherry Cheesecake
• Key Lime Pie
• Chocolate Pudding with Crushed Oreo Cookies
• Fresh Fruit

Beverages:
• Anheuser-Busch Products
• Assorted Pepsi Products
• Aquafina Bottled Water
• Freshly Brewed Coffee and Tea
• Hot Chocolate

*Please keep in mind that all selections are subject to change without notice.

Last trip we had the Salmon and the Cajun Jambalaya and both were very good. You pick your sides so if you want corn you can get some corn.

Also, if your still hungry and want to try something else you can always go back through the line again if you want.

We had a cabana and our guy was great, he kept the fridge stocked with beer and wine, sodas and bottle water.

We were there today, and all of the above were about right! I had the salmon and the chef salad, with a side of sauteed veggies! I found the breakfast average, and the lunch very good! It was very busy there today, busiest I have ever seen it, and I am not sure that sunscreen works for me, I am very red. I reapplied about 5 times. I liked the vodka tea, it was nice, but true about the worlds smallest cups! I saved my pop cup, and went and got one, came back 5 mins later, and got another and dumped them in 1 cup!! It is well worth the trip!

Oh wow-thanks so much everyone for your replies :thumbsup2.
The food sounds so nice-Husband loves salmon,and the coconut chicken curry sounds delicious for me,our girls will no doubt have the burgers/chicken tenders.The desserts sound good too.
With the alcohol is it a case of one alcoholic drink per person at a time-so you have to go back again to get another-can't get 2 at one time?-i do love a pina colada :thumbsup2.
Does anyone know the times of breakfast/lunch please?.

I am looking at the packages on the DC site and will no doubt go for the cabana(celebration option)-the person that is there to help you fetch things and clear your food away-do they stay there the whole time(as in watch you while you're eating/sunbathing etc..?).

I know we have a long time until we go but i am so looking forward to this day :banana:.

Thanks again everyone.x.

We were there today, and all of the above were about right! I had the salmon and the chef salad, with a side of sauteed veggies! I found the breakfast average, and the lunch very good! It was very busy there today, busiest I have ever seen it, and I am not sure that sunscreen works for me, I am very red. I reapplied about 5 times. I liked the vodka tea, it was nice, but true about the worlds smallest cups! I saved my pop cup, and went and got one, came back 5 mins later, and got another and dumped them in 1 cup!! It is well worth the trip!

Did you do the dolphin swim?.This is what we are going to do.What time did you arrive,and what time was your dolphin swim?.
I burn and so does my youngest girl very easily-and we will be going in August :scared1:,a little worried if the sunscreen is'nt a high factor and may not work as well as our own-which i know we can't use because of the animals.x.

Did you do the dolphin swim?.This is what we are going to do.What time did you arrive,and what time was your dolphin swim?.
I burn and so does my youngest girl very easily-and we will be going in August :scared1:,a little worried if the sunscreen is'nt a high factor and may not work as well as our own-which i know we can't use because of the animals.x.

We arrive right after it opened. Our dolphin swim wasn't until about 11:30. We swam with the sting rays and hung out on the beach watching the dolphins and other groups before hand. You have to use the sunscreen provided for you by DC; its for the protection of the animals. But don't worry...my family is very fair skinned and we didn't have any burn problems. We applied it about once an hour though. It's free and unlimited too, so if you run out, find a staff member (they are all over) and ask for some more. I was very worried about the sun. But we went on a beautiful sunny day with no clouds and not one of us got burnt. You'll be alright...and you'll have so much fun!

I'm going to go out on a limb here. We were just there and just told my husband when we go again we're going to have a light breakfast in the room and then have lunch at 11am and then eat again at 3pm. The breakfast was nothing special but the lunch food was varied and tasty! Plus they stop serving lunch at 3pm and my boys could eat forever. So that's my recommendation for others...skip the so-so breakfast and get 2 lunches! Yum!

Or have a light breakfast (tea and fruit) and THEN two lunches! I can never decide which one I want, so just come back a couple of hours later.

We've scheduled DC for two days after our Hoop dee do Revue buffet. We seem to spend vacation on an alternating feast and famine schedule.

Are you limited as to the number of "meals" you have? Would you be able to have breakfast, lunch, and late lunch before they closed, if you so desired? Are there "meal" tickets or something?

Are you limited as to the number of "meals" you have? Would you be able to have breakfast, lunch, and late lunch before they closed, if you so desired? Are there "meal" tickets or something?

No tickets you just walk up and get food when you want it.

There was plenty to eat. We did not go early enough for breakfast, but the lunch and snacks were plenty. We really liked the salt and vinegar chips, and the hot chocolate.They also had trail mix, soft pretzels, regular chips, oranges and bananas in bowls, you won't go hungry.

We arrive right after it opened. Our dolphin swim wasn't until about 11:30. We swam with the sting rays and hung out on the beach watching the dolphins and other groups before hand. You have to use the sunscreen provided for you by DC; its for the protection of the animals. But don't worry...my family is very fair skinned and we didn't have any burn problems. We applied it about once an hour though. It's free and unlimited too, so if you run out, find a staff member (they are all over) and ask for some more. I was very worried about the sun. But we went on a beautiful sunny day with no clouds and not one of us got burnt. You'll be alright...and you'll have so much fun!
Thank you :thumbsup2.x.

No,you can eat what you want and how much you want.You just go up to the counter and choose your meal or 3 :laughing:.x.

Thanks again to everyone for your responses :thumbsup2.x.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter