Food Budget for WDW trip PLEASE HELP!

Next July I will be taking my girlfriend down to WDW (for her first time!), and so the planning process has begun. The biggest struggle in my planning is always the food budget. Our stay will be at the WDW Swan so the DDP is not an option. Does anyone have advice on how much money to set aside for food?? My plan is to grocery shop and do breakfast and a few lunches in the room. Dinner will either be at a resort or in a park (mix of counter/table service)

I'm 27, a moderate-heavy eater.
My girlfriend is 21, a light-moderate eater.

I initially estimated $50 per person per day for our stay on average. I can't decide if I think that's a good estimate. Any advice???????????????????

$100 for 2 people should be fine based on your game plan. For the past 2 trip, I looked at the costs for DH & myself, and we average about $83 a day. But, we are not heavy eaters or heavy drinkers in the parks.

As other have recommended on the DIS:
http://www.distripplanner.com/
It is a Disney dining estimator, and will give you realistic expectations for the costs of dining on your trip.

Have fun planning!:simba:

We get sick of fries and such so when we eat at a CS place we just order a burger. Tell the CM you just want a burger, no fries and no cheese. DD and I hate cheeseburgers. Always ask the CM what is possible. They have no problem telling you. You don't have to order exactly what they have on the big menu behind the counter.

I also agree with a PP that it is hard to go back to the rooms for lunch. Eating a nice breakfast in your room is a big time and money saver. RD is your friend.

Good luck.

2nd the disney dining calculator!
FWIW-for our family of 5 (for 2 weeks-includes Uni, WDW, snacks/breakfast items for room and offsite restaurants) we averaged $48/per person per day-for the adults this included (expensive) alcoholic drinks (during Star wars weekends-had to collect multiples of special glow cubes), snacks whenever kids wanted, a dessert party, specialty dining (Galactic breakfast) and many many butterbeers lol. We did mostly eat breakfast in the rooms though-just so much quicker and easier to eat before getting out in the heat and yes-rope drop is your friend in summer Orlando heat! We had a BOG lunch, 50's Prime time cafe dinner, Sanaa lunch, Cape May dinner and several CS in Epcot.

$50/pp/per day is probably right on target.
Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter