• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

Wow... I'm impressed. You guys really went all out with the Monsters theming for the party. That looks awesome!!! It really was quite a feat to undertake right before your trip! I'm glad it all came together successfully and it looks like Calvin had a very nice birthday.

Good luck with the last few days of preparation before your trip, and if I don't get a chance to tell you later, I hope you all have a safe and fun trip!!! :thumbsup2

Oh wow, what am incredible job you did with the party! It really must have been a ton of work
It turned out amazing though - well done you !
Now concentrate on getting yourself into vacation mode :)

Oh my gosh! Such an adorable party!!!!! You did an amazing job!!!!! I know it can be so hard to get things done in time, people think I'm crazy because to usually start planning Jack's (April) birthday in January! I bet you are sooooooo excited for your trip!!!

Thanks Steph! It was fun but exhausting and i'm so ready for this trip!

Everything is so darn cute! Especially Calvin!!!! I can't imagine all the work you put into everything. Calvin looks pretty underwhelmed with that cake. :rotfl:

Glad everything was a success :)

Oh my gosh I know! He didn't care for the cake at all. I was expecting him to just start attacking it, you know, like normal kids do, but nope:rotfl2:

Happy Birthday Calvin! You are one little cutie!

Your party looks like a great success. Very creative. I love the theme and I love all the fun names for the different foods. Very nicely done. No wonder you were exhausted. That's a huge amount of work!

Thanks Mary Ellen! You can tell in the last picture i'm in with him, that I was done. I was ready to hire someone for $100 to clean up so I could go to bed.:rotfl:

wow, you did such an amazing job with the party! I especially loved the cake, the watermelon and the scarer of the month board! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! DH did the Monster watermelon at the last minute and he totally impressed me with how great he did.

Wow, you did an amazing job with that party! The theming was impeccable - up to Disney standards I think! You must have spent so much time researching and making all that. Everything looked so awesome. I'm sure you got lots of compliments. I can't believe Calvin is one already, it feels like yesterday that you announced your pregnancy on the DIS and started planning your last WDW trip. Time just flies. He is so big, and so cute. I'm glad your party was such a success. Now you can focus all your energy on your trip! You'll be there before you know it. :goodvibes

I"m pretty sure the only people that really 'got it' were my DB, DSIL and my DM :confused: A few people kept asking, "What movie is this?!" :sad2: I"m just so ready for my trip now!

Happy birthday, Calvin! Awesome birthday party! Love all the decorations, food names, etc. The cake is super cool! Looks like Calvin had a good time, especially after the party. Adorable pictures of him!

And now he gets to go to Disney! :cool1:

I think he had more fun after the party than during! Sheesh!:rotfl2:

Oh wow you outdid yourself on that party! It is sooo cute!!!! I love Monsters U! He is just too cute when he smiles; I can't believe he is 1. I feel like I was just reading your birth story on your PTR!

I know time took off! He officially turns 1 tomorrow :sad:

Happy birthday, Calvin!

I can't believe he is one year old already! And what a cute little man you have there. What a smile!

And you outdid yourself with the party. The theming is absolutely great. And all the detail. Impressive! :thumbsup2

Thanks Karin it was so much work but i'm glad it's over and i'm ready for my trip to get started!

What a great and creative party! That was an amazing spread from the food itself to the little name tags and the themeing in general! Everything was so cute! Calvin looks so happy! I'm sure you were exhausted after all that!

I hope you can relax in the trip and join us Saturday!

Alison, i'm so ready to get over to WDW right now!:cool1: Can you do me a favor and text me your room number on Saturday afternoon and let me know when we can stop by? My number is still the same, but if you don't have it i'll PM you.:)

The party looked amazing - well done! I love the frosting on the cake :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

She did such a cute job with the frosting! I wish I could decorate like that.

Happy Birthday to Calvin. Loved the themed party and all the food ideas.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Wow... I'm impressed. You guys really went all out with the Monsters theming for the party. That looks awesome!!! It really was quite a feat to undertake right before your trip! I'm glad it all came together successfully and it looks like Calvin had a very nice birthday.

Good luck with the last few days of preparation before your trip, and if I don't get a chance to tell you later, I hope you all have a safe and fun trip!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Andy! It was so much work, and yes, way too much work right before our trip but now i'm just so happy that I can concentrate on one thing instead of two. :cool1:

Oh wow, what am incredible job you did with the party! It really must have been a ton of work
It turned out amazing though - well done you !
Now concentrate on getting yourself into vacation mode :)

Thanks Linda! Getting myself in Vacation right now! ::yes::

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the party! I knew you guys would 'get it' since not a lot of people really understood what it was all about. I'm sure they probably didn't even know it was Disney related at all. :rolleyes:

So only a few more days before we leave and i've already gotten a lot of things together. All of DS's clothes are folded and ready to be packed, his food, snacks, etc are ready too. The car rental is all taken care of and I called MS to put in a couple requests for SSR since I was unable to online. I wasn't going to request anything, until I looked at the map of SSR :scared1: WOAH! It's huge! So I requested to be near Congress Park or a walkway to DTD. Anyone familiar with this area? Is there other areas I should have requested? I didn't want to be on the other side of the resort as we'll only be there for less than 24 hours.

Hopefully will be catching up on everyone's TR's tonight (doesn't it feel like I always say that? :lmao:)

How could they not get it? Not everyone has seen/heard of MI? :confused3 shame on them!

Congress Park is where I stayed and it was perfect. A bit far from the main building but not a problem.

I've stayed at SSR a few times and Congress Park is definitely the place to stay if you want the easiest access to the walkway to DTD. The resort looks big and spread out, but it really is pretty easy to get around with all the paths, roads, etc. It's one of our favorites to stay at.

Hi Lesha,

We stayed at SSR in 2008, and had a ground floor room in Congress Park - we had a great view across to Fulton's Crab House and it's only a 5 minute walk to DTD (Market Place) :thumbsup2

Alison, i'm so ready to get over to WDW right now!:cool1: Can you do me a favor and text me your room number on Saturday afternoon and let me know when we can stop by? My number is still the same, but if you don't have it i'll PM you.:)

I do still have your number in my phone and I'll text you the room number, we move over there today. However, we are planning on being at the quiet pool to use the BBQ grills, you know the tri tip and all. Speaking of Tri Tip, I haven't got that far in my TR, but of course the suitcase with the frozen Tri Tip is the one that the TSA chose to open and search! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I bet they got quite a big surprise to reach into a suitcase and find a couple frozen chunks of beef! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I kept the tags from Stater Bros. on them when I vacuum sealed and froze them back around Memorial Day, so there was no doubt they weren't human body parts, but it gave me a good chuckle when I was unpacking in the room! :laughing:

Feel free to stop by any time after 5PM. Bobbi and her cousin are going to commandeer the grills around 4PM and start the coals around 4:30. I'm going to be at a Grand Marnier Tasting until 4PM, but I should have all my picnic items down to the grill by 5PM and get those Tri Tips cooking! :thumbsup2 I've got two bottles of aged red wine and Fran bought a 12 pack of Seagrams coolers at Walmart yesterday so we're set to party. Plus we have a s**tload of diet Mtn Dew now! :lmao:

How could they not get it? Not everyone has seen/heard of MI? :confused3 shame on them!

Congress Park is where I stayed and it was perfect. A bit far from the main building but not a problem.

I've stayed at SSR a few times and Congress Park is definitely the place to stay if you want the easiest access to the walkway to DTD. The resort looks big and spread out, but it really is pretty easy to get around with all the paths, roads, etc. It's one of our favorites to stay at.

Hi Lesha,

We stayed at SSR in 2008, and had a ground floor room in Congress Park - we had a great view across to Fulton's Crab House and it's only a 5 minute walk to DTD (Market Place) :thumbsup2

Great! Hopefully one of my requests comes through, although i'm sure everyone requests Congress Park. Thanks everyone!

I do still have your number in my phone and I'll text you the room number, we move over there today. However, we are planning on being at the quiet pool to use the BBQ grills, you know the tri tip and all. Speaking of Tri Tip, I haven't got that far in my TR, but of course the suitcase with the frozen Tri Tip is the one that the TSA chose to open and search! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I bet they got quite a big surprise to reach into a suitcase and find a couple frozen chunks of beef! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I kept the tags from Stater Bros. on them when I vacuum sealed and froze them back around Memorial Day, so there was no doubt they weren't human body parts, but it gave me a good chuckle when I was unpacking in the room! :laughing:

Feel free to stop by any time after 5PM. Bobbi and her cousin are going to commandeer the grills around 4PM and start the coals around 4:30. I'm going to be at a Grand Marnier Tasting until 4PM, but I should have all my picnic items down to the grill by 5PM and get those Tri Tips cooking! :thumbsup2 I've got two bottles of aged red wine and Fran bought a 12 pack of Seagrams coolers at Walmart yesterday so we're set to party. Plus we have a s**tload of diet Mtn Dew now! :lmao:

:rotfl2: Good thinking about leaving the tags on! Don't want to mistake that for a human liver or anything :lmao:

Okay great! Our flight gets in at 3:15 (hopefully with out delays) and then we'll be heading to Walmart to pick up some water and fresh food. Is that Walmart you go to off Vineland? That's the one we're going to I think.

Guess what happened yesterday?!

My tickets were linked! :cool1: I went ahead and made some FP+ reservations for the park days. I noticed that there was a link for FP+ for BoG so I tried to get a FP for it, but it said I was already registered. So I called IT and he told me when I go check in to my resort, that Concierge should hopefully print out something for me to take to the podium. We'll see how true this is. I should print out the page i'm getting just in case. However, i'm just glad that my tickets were linked successfully, so hopefully there will be no problems with getting into parks.

We're leaving tomorrow afternoon to stay overnight at a hotel near the airport for our very early flight on Saturday morning. Can't believe it's already here!:cool1:

It took long enough, but I'm glad the technology finally worked. :thumbsup2 Hopefully what they're telling you about the BoG FP+ is correct!

Have a great time!

Great! Hopefully one of my requests comes through, although i'm sure everyone requests Congress Park. Thanks everyone!

:rotfl2: Good thinking about leaving the tags on! Don't want to mistake that for a human liver or anything :lmao:

Okay great! Our flight gets in at 3:15 (hopefully with out delays) and then we'll be heading to Walmart to pick up some water and fresh food. Is that Walmart you go to off Vineland? That's the one we're going to I think.

Yes, we went to the Vineland Apopka Walmart. We had it on very giid authority that they havegiid oproduce too. We're planning that the tri tip will be done around 6PM but I akways run late. We have lots of food.

BTW I request Grandstand at SSR. First stop iff the buses and has its own quiet pool.

We're leaving tomorrow afternoon to stay overnight at a hotel near the airport for our very early flight on Saturday morning. Can't believe it's already here!:cool1:

Have an absolutely fabulous trip. I am really looking forward to reading all about it! :cool1:

Guess what happened yesterday?!

My tickets were linked! :cool1: I went ahead and made some FP+ reservations for the park days. I noticed that there was a link for FP+ for BoG so I tried to get a FP for it, but it said I was already registered. So I called IT and he told me when I go check in to my resort, that Concierge should hopefully print out something for me to take to the podium. We'll see how true this is. I should print out the page i'm getting just in case. However, i'm just glad that my tickets were linked successfully, so hopefully there will be no problems with getting into parks.

Wow we must have cross posted!
Ill send you our room information, but text me when you arrive. The area we'll be at might be tough to find.

Yay!!!! So glad your tickets got linked!! Have fun, im so jealous for your trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter