• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and Wine Premium Package

kmrada

Earning My Ears
*First Post*:earboy2:

Hello Disney Friends! My BF and I will be attending the F&W in late Oct. We were wondering if anyone had taken advantage of the Premium Package offered for the F&W Festival. Is it worth the $199.00. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Kristi

We thought it was worth it- we always had a seat, and not having to wait in kiosk lines was great. That was worth a great deal to us. By the time we factored in the better seating and food delivery (and we used the seating to get spots for Illuminations ahead of others), the $50 gift card, the in-room wine and chocolates, and the admission to Late Night Live, we thought we got more than $199 of value.

I was just reading up on the F&W package. Is it just one bottle of wine/glass/chocolate per room or per person?

We thought it was well worth the price. There was a lot of confusion before the packages were actually delivered last year but it was a bottle of wine/glass/chocolate/$50 gift card for each package not by the room as some CM's were quoting. The Late Night Live was so much fun. If they offer the package again this year, we'll be signing up!

I was just reading up on the F&W package. Is it just one bottle of wine/glass/chocolate per room or per person?

Per person and we loved it last year. So happy they will be doing it again for our fall trip! We will have two babies in tow this year, so not having to wait in line will be great.

We thought it was worth it- we always had a seat, and not having to wait in kiosk lines was great. That was worth a great deal to us. By the time we factored in the better seating and food delivery (and we used the seating to get spots for Illuminations ahead of others), the $50 gift card, the in-room wine and chocolates, and the admission to Late Night Live, we thought we got more than $199 of value.

We thought the F&W Premium Package was well worth the value, too. The Gift Bag with wine, chocolates, an etched souvenir wine glass, a $50 Disney Gift Card and a F&W-themed MagicBand was per person, not per room. We signed up at the beginning of the offer and CMs were saying the Gift Bag was per room, which didn't make sense. The wording in the offer was changed to say "each person."

There was one screw-up because we signed up at the very beginning. In early info, there was no stated limitation on when you could use the package except it was being held from Mondays thru Thursdays at Epcot during F&W. Our schedule meant we would go once on Thursday, then the next Monday. As more info about the F&W Premium Package came out, a purchaser could only use the program within one Monday-Thursday segment, not spill over to another week. That was a problem for us b/c it meant we could only go on Thursday of one week, or Monday of the next week. In that case, the Package would be a waste of $$ but we already paid for it, and it was non-refundable. It was worked out for us with kindness and care, but it came under the Disney realm of "special exception." Whatever.

One thing I'm wondering about this year is the Late Night Live! party ticket. That was included in the $199 F&W Premium Package cost, and it was also advertised to the public for $75. The party was held from Epcot Canada area to the main path towards Future World, and went on from 9:45pm-1am. Admission included entry to Epcot after hours, and tear-off tickets for one alcoholic beverage and five food items of your choice from the handful of available open food kiosks. There was a dance performance, and live bands in a few places. The Late Night Live! parties were well-done but at our party, which was the first one held, there wasn't a big crowd. So I wonder if WDW will hold these parties again. If not, that would be the tipping point (for us) on whether $199 is worth it. If the Late Night Live! parties are held again this year or substituted with something else of quality, we will buy the F&W Premium Package again.

Last edited:
We enjoyed it also but had a few things we thought could have been better. There was almost no shade in the areas for seating. Several CMs agreed that umbrellas would be much better. We also went to the first party. We weren't told which countries would be offered for the free food/drinks until we checked in. We had already sampled from that area so it didn't have as much of a value to us .That may have changed after we went. We decided this is one of those wait and see things for the future.

We must have been there at the same time! Each booth only had maybe one or two other parties so it was very nice. But we also made the same mistake and ate that same side of the world that day. We wound up using the late night party tickets for sparkling wine. Not a terrible problem. We would definitely do it again, especially knowing they took our feedback and added seating in the following weeks. We got one package per person. I still love my special magic band. Being there the first day was interesting, but the management was there to smooth out the bumps.

Our experience was no shade in the food seating areas around World Showcase. We went at the very beginning of the F&W Premium Package. I thought I read posts here that in later weeks, Disney added umbrellas to the tables.

We didn't like how the lanyard clipped to the Pass Card. We felt the Pass Card could easily get disconnected and lost. So we kept our cards in our bags and took them out again at the next seating area. But that was awkward b/c while we were searching our bags for the cards, the CMs would begin to admonish us about not belonging there. In another second we found our Pass Cards and then it was all good. Maybe next time we'll tie a knot from the lanyard thru the hole in the Pass Card. Then it won't slip out.

Thank you for all the replies! Very helpful input. We will be at the arriving on a Thursday and are also trying to gauge if we would be better served with the F&W PP and go to the Thursday night Festivities or purchase a ticket to MK Not So Scary Halloween Party. We only have a 4 day park hopper so one way of thinking was to use the Halloween Party on Thursday night and get an extra day in a park. Our main focus for this trip is really the F&W but we want to fit in the fun stuff MK as well. Just trying to get as much bang for out buck. I truly appreciate the help.

I may be out of the loop here, has the premium package been official announced? If so where can I read about it? We did it last year in the end of Oct. and they did put up umbrellas and had more shade later in the month. I'm very curious about this as I was checking on Thursday nights for ressies and noticed that Epcot has evening extra magic hours on Thursdays in Oct. so I thought they probably would not have a party on Thursday nights. I think the package was worth the price but not if their not including a party. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. TIA

I may be out of the loop here, has the premium package been official announced? If so where can I read about it? We did it last year in the end of Oct. and they did put up umbrellas and had more shade later in the month. I'm very curious about this as I was checking on Thursday nights for ressies and noticed that Epcot has evening extra magic hours on Thursdays in Oct. so I thought they probably would not have a party on Thursday nights. I think the package was worth the price but not if their not including a party. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. TIA
The F&W packages and cooking demos, etc. have been announced toward the end of July. Before that time, I would still keep an eye out for the special F&W offerings.

Hmmm. Wondering if this would be worth it for us? It sounds like the special seating is only offered M-Th but not the weekends? And the Late Night Live! is on Thursday nights? Or at least that's the way it has been in the past.

We arrive on a Thursday and leave late the following Tuesday. So, I'm taking this to mean that we purchased the Premium Package for this trip, we would either have to skip the Thursday night party or forfeit the specialty seating the following week. Do I have that right? Or is the Late Night Live! ticket separated out from the rest of the package?

Hmmm. Wondering if this would be worth it for us? It sounds like the special seating is only offered M-Th but not the weekends? And the Late Night Live! is on Thursday nights? Or at least that's the way it has been in the past.

We arrive on a Thursday and leave late the following Tuesday. So, I'm taking this to mean that we purchased the Premium Package for this trip, we would either have to skip the Thursday night party or forfeit the specialty seating the following week. Do I have that right? Or is the Late Night Live! ticket separated out from the rest of the package?
Since last year was the first F&W Premium Package, it's a guess if or how Disney will adjust the program this year. Mid-to-late July there should be answers. I'm like you, my visit was spread between two partial weeks but Disney's Premium Package offerings were structured to be used within one single week. That was pretty inflexible, I thought. Might be better if they printed 4 generic Epcot Food Station days and 1 party night, which program personnel could hole-punch or stamp as they were used.

Since last year was the first F&W Premium Package, it's a guess if or how Disney will adjust the program this year. Mid-to-late July there should be answers. I'm like you, my visit was spread between two partial weeks but Disney's Premium Package offerings were structured to be used within one single week. That was pretty inflexible, I thought. Might be better if they printed 4 generic Epcot Food Station days and 1 party night, which program personnel could hole-punch or stamp as they were used.

We are like you all as well. Our trip runs Thursday to Tuesday. I think it may be better to get tickets for MNSSHP for Thursday night and that way we get an additional night at a park and the Halloween crowds aren't so bad during the week. Otherwise if the premium package remains the same we would use it for the late night party for the Thursday we arrive but have heard mixed reviews on that part of the package. Guess it's just a waiting game now...

Was the $199 package cost per room or per person? This will be our first F&W at the end of Sept beginning of Oct. We plan to do F&W tuesday through thursday and MNSSHP on friday.

Was the $199 package cost per room or per person? This will be our first F&W at the end of Sept beginning of Oct. We plan to do F&W tuesday through thursday and MNSSHP on friday.

It is a per person price. This will be our first F&W too...so very excited! :earboy2:

The $199 cost was per person. That's because each package included one wine bottle, one wine glass, one box of truffle chocolates, one Late Night Live! party ticket, one $50 Disney gift card (good for food or whatever) and an individual credential for food seating areas. If two people paid $199 each for the premium package and stayed in the same room, then there were two complete packages delivered. If 3 people ordering the premium package stayed in a single room then three packages were delivered. Etc, etc.

I was really considering this package, but we are going Friday to Wednesday so if the party is only one Thursdays it would seem like that might not be such a great deal anymore. It would be nice if they somehow combined it with some eat to the beat seating arrangements.

Update: We adjusted our vacation to be Wed to the following Monday so now if the package does b/c available and is still very similar we are definitely going to try and book it....YEA!!!

Last edited:
Not only did we think it worth it and plan on doing it again this year if offered, I use the bag as my lunch bag every day to bring my lunch to work. Somehow that makes the work day better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter