• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and Wine Marketplace food portions??

Melissa07090

Earning My Ears
I was looking over the list of food and wine festival marketplace selections. I was just curious on the food portions you get for the few bucks you pay. Is it just a token sample or it is a decent size. For example if you go and soup from one of the stands is it just a taste (Wendy's ketchup cup size) or it is decent sample? What would be the size of a periogi and kielbasa sample? Would the empanada's be a decent size? Just curious so we know how to plan our meals for the day and whether it is worth even considering dinner if we see a lot we want to taste.

I thought the portions were kind of big for "bites" but small for "meals", if that makes any sense.

I had the pierogie (only 1 - just like a frozen Mrs. T's one, mind you) and I think about 3 slices (maybe 1/4 inch thick) of kielbasa. [Do yourself a favor on this one - skip it b/c it is just ordinary stuff you can get at the grocery, FYI.]

I think the empanadas are about the same size as the pierogies.

The soup I got was about 1/3 of a cup, I estimate.

All in all, I think you can very quickly spend a lot of money for a decent-sized meal if you are not careful.

If I ever go back for F&W, I am going to be much more choosy, sicne I thought so many of the offerings were nothing extraordinary.

Thanks for the review on the portions and some of the stands. I don't really think I want to spend $5 for a Mrs. T's periogi. I think we will stick with our ADR just in case.

They are tasting samples - about a third to a quarter of the size of the average table service appetizer.

The soup is served in small paper cups and how much goes into the cup depends entirely on the person ladling it out. They come out anywhere from almost full to half full.

They are tasting samples - about a third to a quarter of the size of the average table service appetizer.

The soup is served in small paper cups and how much goes into the cup depends entirely on the person ladling it out. They come out anywhere from almost full to half full.

Yep. I would say closer to a quarter size. Some of the soup/stew samples last year were ridiculously small for the price.

personally, I thought the serving size of the food options at the booths were commensurate with the price paid. The only complaint I had last year was that the lobster roll was wildly overpriced for what you got. Everything else I thought was pretty fair, esp by WDW standards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter