• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and Wine Kiosks

From this weekend, moved from a different Food and wine thread.
Greetings all!

Brewers Collection
Schöfferhofer Grapefruit-I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I was intrigued by the grapefruit. I liked it, but I won't search it out. :)

Desserts and Champagne
Dark Chocolate Mousse with Chili and Salted Caramel-One thing I noticed this year, is there was no fear of using spices. This was spicy...and awesome. I could taste all three flavors very easily. Likely getting this when I return in November.:cheer2:

France
Sparkling Pomegranate Kir- Kir reminds me of when I was in France, so it's a nostalgia thing more than anything else. But love it, I do. May or may not get again. :goodvibes

Hawaii
Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise -Again, this was a "nostalgia" pic as Hawaii is one of my favorite places in the world. This was better than expected, and might have been my favorite item of the trip.:cheer2:

Hops and Barley
Pumpkin Mousse with Craisins and Orange Sauce-. Blek. The pumpkin mousse was a little two dense, and I didnt' particularly care for the melding of the flavors.:sad2:

Japan
Karaage Hand Roll (Crispy Chicken Breast with Sushi Rice and Spicy Mayonnaise)-So I'm not a huge sushi person but I thought I would try this, as it seemed really approachable. I love the hand roll-ness, and the sauce was great. I would say this was middle of the road for me. I think I will try the california roll next time though. :goodvibes
Sukiyaki Beef Pan (Marinated Thinly Sliced Rib Eye with Sauteed Onions and Teriyaki Sauce Served in a Bun)-This sounded so good, and while there was nice flavor, it was not worth it for me, particularly since the bun was just a mini hot dog bun. I'll skip it next time.:)

Mexico
Crispy Shrimp Taco with Chipotle Lime Mayo and Cabbage Served on a Flour Tortilla- This was great...everything about it was perfect. I want to eat this for dinner, lunch and even breakfast. :cheer2:
Taco de Filete with Cascabel Pepper Sauce and Scallions Served on a Flour Tortilla -This was yummy as well, but not quite as yummy as the shrimp. :goodvibes

New Zealand
Lamb Meatball with Spicy Tomato Chutney- I loved the tomato chutney, and the lamb had good flavor, but the temps were off on mine. I think I would have loved it, but for now, I'll just say I like it. :)

South Africa
Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket-I wanted to love it, but I didn't. I didn't hate it either. It is very large, and the filling has a nice kick, but the pocket/breading was just not there for me. I ended up throwing half of it away, because I didn't want to fill up on it when I could get something amazing.:)

We're going to our first F&W in two weeks. I'll be watching this thread and marking some to try.

Thought I would just add two adult beverages to this list of things we really enjoyed. For anyone who really enjoys the influx of craft beers and especially IPAs the Widmer IPA is really great. It is at the Craft Beers booth. As well the Italian Margarita was very good. Anyone who likes the limoncello served after an Italian meal in some restaurants should find they enjoy this drink.

It was our first F&W experience and we had a great time!! Hoping to go back next year.

2 days to go can't wait, I have my list ready but since we will be there for 7 nights, we may also be ofer at the Fest all 7 nights so we may just have to try everything.

Another great day at Food and Wine yesterday

Just a note - the culinary demonstrations and beverage seminars at the Festival Center are a really great treat -:)did two of these - crab cake by chef at Fultons and pot sticker by chef at Yachtsman.

Mexico - hit the shrimp taco again because i loved it so much the first time - did not disappoint.

China - tried the potstickers - very nice but not quite as wonderful as the one the chef from the Yachtsman did right before - LOL :rotfl:- should have done them another time I guess - still really very good!

China - mongolian beef in bun - really enjoyed this - the bun was very soft and just right, beef tasty and the crispy chow mein noodles added the extra yum factor.

Cheese - fondue - don't bother - major fail. I had a roommate from Switzerland who used to make fondue so I was wondering why this was getting such bad reviews. Well the flavors were right - but the consistency was all wrong for me - and it was almost cold - I think they were keeping it low to try and not curdle it - but the consistency was as if it was curdled - not sure what happened here but - YUCK.

Italy - chocolate canoli - good needed something sweet and this did the trick - light, chocolaty, crispy.

Hubby & I leave Monday morning... we live a little over a 2 hour drive from Disney, here in Saint Lucie County, FL:drive:

Could only manage to squeeze 2 nights into this trip, but its with the hubby for our 13th wedding anniversary:bride::groom:, alone for the first time in like 8 years so we are EXCITED!!!:woohoo:

I splurged & booked 2 nights at the "Dolphin", figured a romantic walk back to hotel would be more appropriate for our purposes than a crowded bus filled with tired cranky kiddies... as ours will be home!!:lmao:

We will be back home Wednesday [Halloween] and I will post two more days of happy Food Festival memories... I'm sure!!!!

TTYS!!!:wave2:

Sorry... I'm prolly not supposed to ask here... but couldn't find an answer on my own... I'm new to the forum... how do I add a profile picture?? I'm sure I will have a shot of Hubby & I that I will want to use once we're back;)

Tnx!!:confused3

webbmomstaxi said:
I splurged & booked 2 nights at the "Dolphin", figured a romantic walk back to hotel would be more appropriate for our purposes than a crowded bus filled with tired cranky kiddies... as ours will be home!!:lmao:

That is really great, and so true! DH and I stayed at POR for our 20th anniversary celebration. We stayed there because we did the Tower of Terror 10 Mile run and it was a host resort. The F&W Festival was awesome but the bus ride back those two nights with lots of tired kids and parents kind of killed the date, lol. We were there plenty of times too so we get it. I really wanted to book the Boardwalk Inn and we did regret not doing so. IF... And that's a big if, lol, I can get DH to ever do a trip with just us again, we would definitely go with the BWI or Swan/Dolphin.

Have a GREAT time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter