Food and Wine is busy..

sweetdana

DIS Veteran
Was at F and W on Frid and Sat, Frid was very reasonable. Nothing too bad for lines. (Not slow, but okay lines.) Sat was NUTS! I wonder what the next few weeks will bring..

*** WE ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE! Especially France's Rib/Beef something or other, and the Apple Pie Slushie from Poland!

We head down in a couple of weeks and plan to hit F&W on Thursday so that we hopefully can avoid the crowds. We'll hit the other parks the rest of the weekend hoping everyone is at EPCOT and we can really hit the rides!

Weekends are always packed from the first weekend to the last. Starts around 3-4:00 on Friday and keeps going through Sunday. We hit the F&W from when WS opens to get to the kiosks we want to avoid the long lines but still a great time.

We were there just three nights for a long weekend and I totally agree that Saturday night was nuts!! We headed to Epcot on Thursday afternoon and were very fortunate to experience a 'soft' opening for F&W. No lines, all the kiosks were set up and we enjoyed a few drinks and sampled some great food for dinner.

Friday night we stayed close to SSR as we had a spa visit planned that afternoon. Sat we headed to Epcot thinking we would wander through F&W again, head over to the BW to check some football scores and then wander back through the WS and stay for the fireworks. The difference in crowds from Thursday to Saturday was insane! Lots of long lines for the popular kiosks. I think everyone at WDW was in the WS that night.

We loved the food we tried and the drinks were great too. Worth the experience for sure but next time we visit for F&W I will plan our Epcot nights during the week if possible ;)

We head down in a few weeks as adult trip. Can't avoid the weekend crowd but not having the kids makes it tolerable. I don't mind the crowds it is the few drunk idiots that can ruin it. I'm really surprised Disney doesn't monitor that more closely.

Going on a Thursday/Friday this year and will be there as soon as food booths open so the crowds should be manageable. The weekends are definitely crazy in the evening. However if you are just going for a few booths/atmosphere and the regular nightly entertainment it is a great time.

DH and I are going down Thursday the 10th and staying before the rest of the fam gets there, but plan on going on Friday and Saturday then again Sunday when my brother arrives. We figure we are not in a rush so we will just chill with a drink and send someone for our food and the other wait at a table. Although we jokingly said that we should get electronic wheelchairs so we definitely have a spot to sit :)

Just returned from F&W, did a Mon-Fri trip. Crowd levels were low during the day, very enjoyable. Crowds picked up at night, even though it was during the week, so I can imagine what the weekend is like!!

We were at F&W today. I actually think it is less crowded than in years past. We got to Epcot right at 9am and left around 6:00. The crowds in World Showcase were heavy but not ridiculous. We could actually walk without feeling claustrophobic.

I'll be there tomorrow...now if I could only get some sleep! Plane leaves in 8 hours! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have found that avoiding the weekends is the only way to enjoy F&W anymore. Next year I am going on the Dream for the weekend then rolling over to BCV Sunday to enjoy F&W for Monday/Tuesday. I'll go Sunday and if the crowds are too much I'll bail out to another park for that day. I am glad that it does bring so much business to Disney but I fondly remember the years when it started and the crowds were much more manageable. I do find a lot of folks who can't hold their liquor showing up lately...

Our new tradition for 3 years now is to go to F&W for 2 weekdays in Oct for our anniversary. This year, we pushed it back to early Nov hoping for a little cooler weather. We gave up ever going on a weekend again....that's just too crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter