Food and Wine, information missing from the podcast

Accident

DIS Veteran
Great podcast, I really enjoyed it.. While watching, there's a few things I noticed missing and I wanted to pass it on.
  • Every food item (not alcohol) is considered a snack on the meal plan, including the items over $5.
  • The booths don't support converting meal plan meals to 3 snacks so save up your snack credits for your Food and Wine Days..
  • Some booths have 2 different menus with a more breakfast menu right as the day starts. For example in 2014, canada had bacon and pancakes with maple syrup until they ran out (an hour or two).

Some booths have 2 different menus with a more breakfast menu right as the day starts. For example in 2014, canada had bacon and pancakes with maple syrup until they ran out (an hour or two).
Wow - I never noticed that

Great podcast, I really enjoyed it.. While watching, there's a few things I noticed missing and I wanted to pass it on.
  • The booths don't support converting meal plan meals to 3 snacks so save up your snack credits for your Food and Wine Days.

A few have reported success in this area. Apparently, you just need to order the 3 items and ask them to use your QS meal as payment. Of course we all know by now that your mileage could vary by CM and/or kiosk. [Post #131]

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...e-meal-substitutions-post-here.3436230/page-7

The steamed bun with roasted duck served in China is also called a a Bao (or Baozi according to wiki). The counter service restaurant in the China Pavilion used to serve a great mongolian beef version of this years ago. There is(maybe was) a restaurant in NY called BaoHaus that serves in these filled steamed buns. The owner of that restaurant Eddie Huang wrote a book called Fresh Off the Boat which was turned into a TV series by ABC.

The steamed bun with roasted duck served in China is also called a a Bao (or Baozi according to wiki). The counter service restaurant in the China Pavilion used to serve a great mongolian beef version of this years ago. There is(maybe was) a restaurant in NY called BaoHaus that serves in these filled steamed buns. The owner of that restaurant Eddie Huang wrote a book called Fresh Off the Boat which was turned into a TV series by ABC.
Cool. I've watched that show a few times. Saw a commercial for the pilot a long time before it started, and it looked hilarious. It got less so over the next few episodes, and I stopped watching. :(

One other thing for Annual Passholders looking to get their port glass. Have your hard ticket/card, if you only have your magic band then you have to get that scanned and there is only usually one or two people with the scanners. Also despite how long the line looks it tends to move fast. The 3 times I was there they were really efficient in moving it along.

Aside: Me and my brother were talking about the system they were using. Why stamp books and have employees check IDs and passes. Nothing was stopping someone from having multiple books and visiting the line throughout to day to get stamps. Disney spent all this money on magic bands why not just have a few machines set up were APs could just scan for the day confirm that's there info is correct and move on? No need for extra stamps and up too 15 employees working the line (the entire parks "management" staff seemed to be at the line on Sunday). It limits guest to one scan a day so no people abusing the system.

Aside: Me and my brother were talking about the system they were using. Why stamp books and have employees check IDs and passes. Nothing was stopping someone from having multiple books and visiting the line throughout to day to get stamps. Disney spent all this money on magic bands why not just have a few machines set up were APs could just scan for the day confirm that's there info is correct and move on? No need for extra stamps and up too 15 employees working the line (the entire parks "management" staff seemed to be at the line on Sunday). It limits guest to one scan a day so no people abusing the system.

Interesting, technically they know you carded or magicband into epcot in the first place and no real reason to need any other interaction except to pick up your glass when you go in the third day. ID is replaced with fingerprint to get in.

One other thing for Annual Passholders looking to get their port glass. Have your hard ticket/card, if you only have your magic band then you have to get that scanned and there is only usually one or two people with the scanners. Also despite how long the line looks it tends to move fast. The 3 times I was there they were really efficient in moving it along.

Sounds like you have an Imaginearing future ahead - all sound like good ideas to me! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter