Food and Wine Festival

Hunclemarco

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone

We have never been to the Food and Wine Festival. We will be there on the last day this year and looking forward to it very much.

I'm looking for recommendations for things we must try out and or see.... a must do list. Thanks in advance for your responses :thumbsup2

Skip the desserts at the champaign and dessert stand - only OK. Head over to Ireland for the chocolate lava cake. At Canada try the spicy chipolte sausage and polenta. South Korea lettuce wraps were great as was the sushi in Japan. Yum!

Tangerine Mimosa's in Morrocco. Yummy. The spanokopita in Greece was very good as well.

Either charge to your room our get a gift card a load it up with $, much easier than dealing with cash at the food stands.

DF and I were there earlier this month. We loved everything at Germany, France, and Morocco, as well as the ravioli at Italy and the waffles at Belgium. I'm sure there are other favorites I'm forgetting, but I remember those off the top of my head. Also, I would disagree on the sushi. It was merely average in our opinion, but maybe it depends on how fresh the sushi is where you come from.

The chilorio in Mexico was delicious. My DD loved the ravioli pasta in Italy. There was a huge line in Paris but the milk chocolate creme brulee was worth the wait.

Loved the chocolate lava cake (Ireland), milk chocolate creme brulee (France), pecan bread pudding (US) sliced meats from charcutiere and cheese, pretzel bread and sausage (Germany), lamb sliders (New Zealand), mango margarita (Mexico). A friend loved the kielbasa from Poland. I was too full to try it!

Have fun :thumbsup2

We were there last week. Here are my two favorites (One food and one drink).

New Zealand - Lamb Slider with Tomato Chutney - These are great (I had three of them during the week).

Puerto Rico - Bacardi Frozen Torched Cherry Colada - Very tasty - I could have downed many of these.

Loved the chocolate lava cake (Ireland), milk chocolate creme brulee (France), pecan bread pudding (US) sliced meats from charcutiere and cheese, pretzel bread and sausage (Germany), lamb sliders (New Zealand), mango margarita (Mexico). A friend loved the kielbasa from Poland. I was too full to try it!

Have fun :thumbsup2

These are the things I'd recommend also. Your signature has BCV in it, so I'm assuming you'll probably stay there. Here's what I'd recommend-enter the International Gateway about 10:30, after a light breakfast of a muffin or so. Then take a seat in UK, mapping out your "strategy" of booths. That way you'll be all set to begin at 11:00. Mapping out strategy is what SH was doing here-

002.jpg

Then, right at 11:00, when they drop the rope by the bridge to France, the booths should be open. You can either get in line for Ireland right away (lines seem to build there early since several of their things are well-liked) or head over the bridge toward France and beyond. We went in one direction one day and the other direction the next. To add to the above recommendations, I liked the fruity drink (non-alcoholic) in Italy. Although some people liked it, the only thing we disliked was the pork-on-a-skewer in Brazil.

Another vote for Chocolate Creme Brulee in France, salmon or cheddar cheese soup in Canada, anything from Greece, lobster and scallop pie in Ireland, and New Zealand sliders. Morocco has some excellent sangria, too. We started just before Canada and never got past Morocco because we were already too full!

I agree about the cherry colada in Puerto Rico. The corn and beef pie from Chile is outstanding. The corn & cheese epanada (sP) was good but not a repeat. Still love the Taste of Spain, the sushi in Japan, Fisherman's pie, cheese plate & lava cake in Ireland, flavors of Africa & the lettuce wrap in South Korea

Cyn

The cherry colada is wonderful in Puerto Rico. All of the food, wine and beer in Germany was good. We thought all of the food in Mexico was awful. Maybe we just had a bad day. Also...stay far, far, far away from the Singapore Sling....:sick:

I like a lot of the food, thought it was very good. I am not much for dessert, so I can't help you there, but here were my favorites

Canada - Cheddar Cheese Soup (we make this at home now we like it so much).

Mexico - A must stop for us

Argentina - Empenada and Beef Skewer with Chimichurri sauce and potato

South Korea - BBQ Short Rib

We tried a lot, and those were our favorites. Enjoy - it's a great day in the park!

I loved the esquites (a dish of corn and cheese) at Mexico and the cherry colada at Puerto Rico. When we got home, we went to the store to buy the Torched Cherry Bacardi used in the cherry colada to try to replicate it.

Hello Everyone

We have never been to the Food and Wine Festival. We will be there on the last day this year and looking forward to it very much.

I just wanted to add that you mentioned you'd never been to the F&W festival. Just be prepared to discover a new "must-do" time to go to WDW. For years, we always went in May and stayed at OKW. But in 2008, we discovered the F&W for the first time, and have been die-hard October visitors ever since. DH, who once insisted he'd never stay anywhere but OKW, now actually looks forward to BCV and visiting Epcot from there. Hopefully, you'll enjoy it as much as we have once you discover it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter