Food and Wine festival... waiting.... patiently... not!! :)

I guess it was the gods telling me I was being greedy :) but I got the Party for the Senses for 9/30 and 10/7. But what I was really trying for, the Jiko dinner, was sold out. Now I know what moms trying to get Cinderella's breakfast feel like. :sad2:

So what are the chances someone will cancel for that? Should I even bother to try calling?

Happy and Sad,
Heather

Got everything I wanted!!!

10/19 Exquisite Evenings at Epcot - Rpide of the Pacific NorthWest
10/16 F&W Pairings - Sake, Sushi & Sashimi
10/15 Sweet Sundays
10/14 PFTS

Now I hust have to figure out a way to pay the credit card bill... :confused3

On hold for only 5 minutes and got everything I wanted!

11/4: Bistro de Paris pairing
11/5: Sweet Sunday @ 12 noon
11/9: Marrakesh pairing
11/10: Le Cellier pairing (took 3 of the remaining 8 seats!)

I put the number in at 6:59am and hit "talk" right at 7am-NO hold! We got everything we wanted:

10/8-Beyond The Baobab Tree (Jiko Signature Dinner)
10/14-Regional French Specialties (Food and Wine Paring)
11/1-Dia de Los Muertos (Regional Feast)

We are also going to do Party For the Senses on 10/28 but that holds 300 people so I figured I would free up the phones for others. I was really tempted to do the Brilliant Bubbles Exquisite Evening on 9/29 but spent enough already. If I had a ton of $ I would have done 4 Regional Feasts (those sound the best!)

:cheer2:

CarolA said:
I just hung up. I got the Party on the 14th (Of course now I am going to have to find a place to sleep, my DVC reservation is for the 15th!) I also go thte Food and Wine at Morroco on the 17th and the Cheese & Wine on the 14th. (The last is in great danger of cancellation, I don't know if I dare do both of those on the 14th.)

OOOOO!! I'm so tempted to join you. But it looks like Kelley's friend is almost sure she is joining us in 2 weeks...Nothing like the last minute to decided. OH yeah...you will be a little tipsy but full none the less if you do both on the 14th

:surfweb: So I pulled an all nighter to write a paper for a course...and I forgot that I had to be up to call Disney for 7am!! :scared1: So I made a mad dash call at 9am absolutely praying that at least a few of the events that I wanted would be available.

Here's what I got:

08/07 - Party for the Senses
08/07 - Bistro de Paris Regional French Specialties Food & Wine Pairing
08/08 - Sweet Sunday 9am session
08/09 - Mitsukoshi Sake, Sushi & Sashimi Food & Wine Pairing

I was also give info about a waitlist because 2 events i wanted (Le Cellier Food & Wine Pairing and Alfredo's Food & Wine Pairing) were unavailable. Not sure if anyone has posted this info yet so I will

Send an email to wdwfoodandwinewaitlist@disneyonline.com providing them with the following info
Your Name
Your Email
The Event you want
The Date for the Event you want
The Party Size
Contact Info - Home, Work & Cell (basically every possible method they could reach you by lol)

Here is the winery/chef infor for PFTS:

September 30, 2006

Wineries: Moët & Chandon, Etude Wines, Silverado
Chefs: Jean-Robert de Cavel, Jean-Robert at Pigall's, Cincinnati, OH
Andrew Shotts, Garrison Confections, Providence, RI
____________________________________________________________________________________
October 7, 2006

Wineries: Casa Lapostolle, Hall Winery, Trefethen Vineyards
Chefs: George Francisco, Jonah's, and Lucienne Francisco, The Chelsea Tea House,
Australia Ciaran Duffy, Tristan, Charleston, SC
____________________________________________________________________________________
October 14, 2006

Wineries: Antinori, Inniskillin, Stags' Leap Winery
Chefs: René Bajeux, Rene Bistrot, New Orleans, La.
Keegan Gerhard, Food Network, The Food Network Challenge
October 21, 2006
Wineries: Merryvale, Piper and Charles Heidsieck Champagne, Caymus Vineyards
Chefs: Alang Wong - Alan Wong's, Honolulu, Hawaii
John Malik - 33 Liberty, Greenville, S.C.
October 28, 2006

Wineries: Swanson, Chateau St. Jean, Trentadve
Chefs: Cat Cora, Food Network, Iron Chef
Brooke Vosika, Four Seasons Hotel, New York, NY
November 4, 2006

Wineries: Chalk Hill, Flora Springs, Charles Krug
Chefs: Walter Staib, The City Tavern; Philadelphia, PA
Stephan Pyles, Stephan Pyles Restaurant, Dallas, Tx
November 11, 2006

Wineries: Hartford, Provenance, GH Mumm Champagne
Chefs: Mark Franz, Farallon; San Francisco, CA
Cory Schreiber, Wildwood, Portland, OR

Thanks for the list of wineries and chefs for the PFTS - I just hope that is a partial list and we get Ice Wine in Sept!!

Either way, it will be fun - I know there will be quite a few dis'ers on the 30th!! :banana:

zurgswife said:
OOOOO!! I'm so tempted to join you. But it looks like Kelley's friend is almost sure she is joining us in 2 weeks...Nothing like the last minute to decided. OH yeah...you will be a little tipsy but full none the less if you do both on the 14th

Watch those Dings.

Glad Kelly's friend can come. We expect a full report!

Got our very first F&W trip all booked!

P4TS - Oct 14

and the Yacht Club!

I called at 10 am rather than tie up the lines early and didn't have to wait at all.

eeyore45 said:
Thanks for the list of wineries and chefs for the PFTS - I just hope that is a partial list and we get Ice Wine in Sept!!

I know! I have a friend that wants to go on 10/28 too and she is hoping for ice wine. Do you all think PFTS would be ok for a vegetarian? I have 3 vegetarian friends that want to go but are afraid it may not be worth it. Two of them really like wine/beer so I think for them it may be ok. I was looking at my past programs and most of the items have a base they would like. I remember that not everything was put together ahead-some things are plated so the meat item could be left off. Is this correct?

How strict of vegitarians are they?

For example, do they eat cheese or eggs?

Also, they will now know if things are prepared in broths and if that bothers them that could be an issue.

Thinking back to last year, if you were a strict vegan (like my cousin) you would not be happy. Lots of cheese etc and it is just a little noisy to quiz the chef on ALL the preperation. Personally I am not sure someone who doesn't eat meat will be happy, but I am not a huge veggie person so there may be more then I recall for them to eat.

CarolA said:
How strict of vegitarians are they?

For example, do they eat cheese or eggs?

Also, they will now know if things are prepared in broths and if that bothers them that could be an issue.

Thinking back to last year, if you were a strict vegan (like my cousin) you would not be happy. Lots of cheese etc and it is just a little noisy to quiz the chef on ALL the preperation. Personally I am not sure someone who doesn't eat meat will be happy, but I am not a huge veggie person so there may be more then I recall for them to eat.

Deb Wills recently did a short talk on F&W at the Big DISMeet....she said the exact same thing about Vegan eaters.

Party for the Senses question?

Booked this morning for Sept 30th but forgot to ask about checking in for this event. Do I just bring my confirmation # , does Disney send tickets, or do I pick up tickets at Epcot before the event?

Also what time do you start lining up for this event?

Just want to be prepared for our first Food and Wine Fest :sunny:

Thanks!!

Disneyglobegirl said:
Party for the Senses question?

Booked this morning for Sept 30th but forgot to ask about checking in for this event. Do I just bring my confirmation # , does Disney send tickets, or do I pick up tickets at Epcot before the event?

Also what time do you start lining up for this event?

Just want to be prepared for our first Food and Wine Fest :sunny:

Thanks!!
All you need to know is your last name. There are no tickets that will be sent. You will receive a arm band at the Eat to the Beat concert check-in or at the entrance to P4TS. There is no need to line up they open the gate about 15 min. early. You will see a "herd" waiting to get in and then another "herd" ready to run inside like idiots. The CM's hand you your glass, plate and menu then you go into a waiting room if you arrive early. Oh yeah...have fun and enjoy.

PatriciaH said:
Here is the winery/chef infor for PFTS:

September 30, 2006

Wineries: Moët & Chandon, Etude Wines, Silverado
Chefs: Jean-Robert de Cavel, Jean-Robert at Pigall's, Cincinnati, OH
Andrew Shotts, Garrison Confections, Providence, RI

Thank you for posting this Patricia!

I still haven't yet booked my PFTS, but I'm planning on attending 9/30, 10/28, and possibly 11/4. I just have to add that Andrew Shotts does some amazing chocolate work. Yum!

Stuck In Wonderland said:
All you need to know is your last name. There are no tickets that will be sent. You will receive a arm band at the Eat to the Beat concert check-in or at the entrance to P4TS. There is no need to line up they open the gate about 15 min. early. You will see a "herd" waiting to get in and then another "herd" ready to run inside like idiots. The CM's hand you your glass, plate and menu then you go into a waiting room if you arrive early. Oh yeah...have fun and enjoy.

Thank you so much!! We are excited - I am hoping that DH will love this so we can make it a yearly event :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter