Font question

Mickey's old friend

Mouseketeer
I am trying to add a font to my computer. I saved it to my desktop and unzipped it. Control panel, classic view. Fonts folder,file, install new font. That's as far as I can get. :badpc: Please help. I have wasted precious time and I need to get my scrapbook finished. :confused3

Linda

If you're using WinXP, click the Extract files options from the left hand side of the window where the font is saved. The go to Control Panel and select fonts to install the font. I just installed about five fonts last night, hope I was able to help.

I'm sorry for being so dense. It's saved to my desktop, so I don't understand where to find the window. I clicked on the file to open it and can not find the extract files options. :blush:

Linda

When downloading fonts, if they are not zipped, meaning that the file extension is .ttf, you can download them directly into your fonts folders. Assuming you didn't change your directories, it should be at: Windows/Fonts on your C drive. If they are zipped, then you can extract the files directly into the font directory as well. If it is on your desktop as a .ttf file, just go ahead and move it into the fonts directory. If it's zipped, go ahead and open it and extract it as above. They make fonts seem trickier then they really are sometimes with their installing, etc, but it's very simple. Hope that helps.

Thank you for your help. You cleared it up. I was able to get them installed. Once I installed them, I realized how easy it was! :rotfl:
I appreciate your patience.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter