• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Font for Tomorrowland and Indy Speedway

cropper

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the fonts used in the sign for Tomorrowland Indy Speedway??
I know it is 2 different fonts but can't seem to figure it out.
I checked out MickeyAve.com but didn't really agree with what they said. It just didn't look the same to me.

Cheri

I looked at Mickey Ave, and I must be tired, because I can't find the Speedway listed. What are the 2 fonts?

Mickster said:
I looked at Mickey Ave, and I must be tired, because I can't find the Speedway listed. What are the 2 fonts?

Anna and Techno. I don't think the R looks correct in Anna and the N in Techno isn't the same.

Cheri

I'm still looking, but it is time for some errands. :rotfl:

In my totally unprofessional opinion, I think that there is only one font - the words Indy and Speedway are italiced (is that even a word??? :rolleyes: ) versions of the font for Tomorrowland. That should simplify a little.

You know, I wondered if the 'Indy Speedway' font was just italicized. But, I still don't think it is Techno. The 'N' isn't curved in Techno.

Now that I look closer at Anna, it might be Tomorrowland. I hate to spend $21 for 1 project.

Cheri

I was looking at a site called dafont.com. They have fonts for free. I started to look there. Maybe you could also look. The fonts don't necessarily have the same names as the ones you pay for (so Anna either isn't there or it is a different font), but you could look at the fonts. I typed Tomorrowland into the box where you can have a sample word and just tried to match it up. Once my DS gets home from school (which should be soon), I'll keep looking for it. I thought I had one that was similiar, but I don't seem to. I hope this helps a little. :)

You know, I wondered if the 'Indy Speedway' font was just italicized. But, I still don't think it is Techno or Anna. The 'N' isn't curved in Techno.

Cheri

For Tomorrowland try SerpentineDBol (I think that's the name I'm at work now).

Thank you both for your help. The more I look at it, I do think it is the same font.
However, I don't think Anna is equal to SerpentineDBol. The R isn't right.

Now to decide if I pay for the font just to have my Scrapbook title match the sign??? :confused3

Cheri

cropper said:
Anna and Techno. I don't think the R looks correct in Anna and the N in Techno isn't the same.

Cheri

You're right, it's neither of those fonts. Anna is Tomorrowland's general signage font. Techno is a general, well, techno-looking font that's used all over Epcot and appears on some of the Speedway's incidental signage.

As far as the main marquee logo, I'm guessing it's custom. Possibly it was loosely based on Ultrabronzo, another Tomorrowland font used at the nearby Cool Ship.

You can find Ultrabronzo at vllg :sunny: com under Thirstype

As far as similar freeware fonts, Nick Curtis has a couple, Drive-Thru and Empire State. Google for "Nick Curtis typoasis" and you should find them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter