Follow the Monorail - Completed - PTR Link

Great Start! I don't ever really understand why they put people with and without boarding passes in the same line. I'm not sure if it's the same process or anything, but as you said it totally makes the point of printing out the boarding pass just useless. :sad2: But you got through it and were off to Disney, always a plus :thumbsup2

Oooo... the pool at Jambo House looks really cool. I've only stayed at Kidani and have never set foot in Jambo, so that's cool to see. And thumbs-up to the Zebra Domes, really need to try those, heard LOTS of good things about them. :)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

I'm here! And :yay: you've arrived! I am looking forward to it all---even the not so magical moments, which I know you must have had due to the resort change. :sad2:

How's the new job/new place?

Hey guys. I'm busy busy busy with work. But I'll make time this week end to update hehe

Sorry

I can't wait to read about your trip report. I love Animal Kingdom Lodge but haven't stay there since 2005. It will be great to see some pictures of that beautiful resort!

July 19 (continued)

After that, we tried to get back to our room. It was not as easy as we expected. The resort was confusing to us.

We finally got back to our room and rested.

Some people will hate me for saying this, but we were already regretting our resort choice. This resort was "us".

We called to see if there was available rooms at the Contemporary, but they didn't have anything in our usual section. They only had club level rooms.

We decided to go to Downtown Disney. And while we were there, we discussed the situation. After a bit, we called back the resort and made a switch. We were going to stay at the Contemporary.

We got back to the resort and talked to people at the front desk. We were told to get our luggage and come back.

We did so, and Disney ended up paying for our taxi.

We were well received at the Contemporary as usual. We were home.

We got room 4801. We were right on top of Chef Mickey, on the Bay Lake side.

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

If you look closely at the pictures you can see Epcot, MGM and DD.

We unpacked, showered and watched the electrical water pageant.

It had been an exhausting day. And at 11 I decided to call it a night.

Wow, so glad you were able to switch and hopefully were happier and "home!"

I sure didn't see that coming! Switching to the Contemporary sounds like it was a good move for you. I love that view.

Wednesday July 20

It was an early morning, as it usually is on the first day. Your body seems to remember you getting up way too early the day before and imagines you want to do so.

On that morning, we were supposed to have breakfast at Tusker House, but since we were no longer that close to Animal Kingdom, we had decided to cancel the day before.

So on that morning, I got ready and decided to make it to rope drop at the Magic Kingdom. It had been decided that my mom would take her time and join me later.

It was a hot day already as I walked to the Magic Kingdom. My home.

DSC00381.jpg

(A little artsy shot of me hehe)
DSC00386.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

I liked the name of the bus. I LOVE that movie!
DSC00384.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

I soon was inside the gates and was waiting for the park to open. Let me tell you. I love love love that show. I think I was more excited about the show, and to see which characters would be there, than to get inside the park.

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

As per custom, a few families asked me to take their pictures. Wether I'm alone or with people, it always happens to me. I must look trustworthy. People even got me to take their pictures with their brand new iphones in New York's Times Squares. So I did that for a while, and before long, the mayor was welcoming us.

DSC00394.jpg

He even got a few of his friends (villagers or whatever hehe) to come too. And look, they are even dancing for us. What a great bunch of people. I might just move here. But only if I can wear flip flops in the summer and not closed shoes.

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

July 20 (continued)

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

And here comes the Mick! Yes, he is MY Mick! hehe

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

Here's my dad favorite. And he's also on of my faves. Ok, I don't have 1 favorite lol
DSC00417.jpg

The cute couple
DSC00418.jpg

A practically perfect nanny and her youngun.
DSC00419.jpg

A little girl who has as much imagination as me
DSC00421.jpg

And my guy hehe

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

He seems to be saying:"Stop taking my picture! Go on in! That's where the fun is!"

I always enjoy your trip reports. Now I'm afraid I would do the same thing if I stayed anywhere but the Contemporary!!

Subbing! I'm a fellow Montreal teacher too (Laval, though I did live on the South Shore for a while). :)

The welcome show at Magic Kingdom is by far my favorite. It brings tears to my eyes!

I love the opening show at the Magic Kingdom! I have the song on my iPod. Welcome, welcome, welcome! :lmao:

July 19 (continued)

After that, we tried to get back to our room. It was not as easy as we expected. The resort was confusing to us.

We finally got back to our room and rested.

Some people will hate me for saying this, but we were already regretting our resort choice. This resort was "us".

I don't hate you for saying that!!! And I'm sure everyone else can understand as well! After all, just think -- if we all had the same favorite resort or the same tastes, then we'd ALL be crammed into the SAME resort!!! :lmao:

Just think of how crowded that would be!!!

That's what I always tell my husband when he's arguing with someone over a difference in opinion! I would never want anyone else to love ALL the same things I love -- wouldn't that world be a boring place?! ;)

And while I did love staying at AKL, I have loved all of the other resorts I've stayed at on property! Our goal is to try at least 5 of them before repeating or staying off-property.

I totally respect people who want to stay at their "Home Resort" -- I think you made a really great decision!!! :thumbsup2

I LOOOOOOOOVE all of the pictures you got from your view at the Contemporary!!!! I cannot wait to see more resort pictures!!!!

I also enjoyed seeing your walk over to the Magic Kingdom! I have always seen a bunch of people walking from that direction while we were unboarding the bus -- but I had no idea where they were coming from! Thanks for sharing that info! I learned something new tonight because I didn't know they had a walkway from the Contemp to MK -- but it totally makes sense that they would! I should've known that!

I'm always so far behind on DIS -- you'll have to remind me when you post updates! :thumbsup2

Subbing! I'm a fellow Montreal teacher too (Laval, though I did live on the South Shore for a while). :)

The welcome show at Magic Kingdom is by far my favorite. It brings tears to my eyes!

Welcome! I love finding people who are close who understand me hehe I once videod that show and watch it from time to time. While it makes me happy to see it, it makes me sad because I want to be there sooooooooo bad.

I love the opening show at the Magic Kingdom! I have the song on my iPod. Welcome, welcome, welcome! :lmao:

I love the song too. I have it somewhere on a cd. I have to put it back on my ipod.

I don't hate you for saying that!!! And I'm sure everyone else can understand as well! After all, just think -- if we all had the same favorite resort or the same tastes, then we'd ALL be crammed into the SAME resort!!! :lmao:

Just think of how crowded that would be!!!

That's what I always tell my husband when he's arguing with someone over a difference in opinion! I would never want anyone else to love ALL the same things I love -- wouldn't that world be a boring place?! ;)

And while I did love staying at AKL, I have loved all of the other resorts I've stayed at on property! Our goal is to try at least 5 of them before repeating or staying off-property.

I totally respect people who want to stay at their "Home Resort" -- I think you made a really great decision!!! :thumbsup2

I LOOOOOOOOVE all of the pictures you got from your view at the Contemporary!!!! I cannot wait to see more resort pictures!!!!

I also enjoyed seeing your walk over to the Magic Kingdom! I have always seen a bunch of people walking from that direction while we were unboarding the bus -- but I had no idea where they were coming from! Thanks for sharing that info! I learned something new tonight because I didn't know they had a walkway from the Contemp to MK -- but it totally makes sense that they would! I should've known that!

I'm always so far behind on DIS -- you'll have to remind me when you post updates! :thumbsup2

I just updated yesterday. You're not far behind ;)

Yep, I love the walk from the CR to MK. Although in the heat it can be really grueling. So we do take the monorail from time to time to go back. It's convenient since when you take the resort monorail from MK, it's the first stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter