Follow me as I snack around F&W! Complete 12/3: Wrap-up, thoughts on QSDP and F&W

After exploring the Wilderness Lodge, we reversed our steps and headed over to DTD...which was packed. Jeez, October is supposed to be slow people! GO HOME! :mad: We wound up parking way over on the West Side and made our way over to the Marketplace for a little shopping.

Considering the big breakfast we had, no one was really in the mood for lunch until almost 2, which was fine since our flight didn't leave until 6:30 anyway (and then it was delayed :sad2: ) Once we started getting hungry, we headed over to Wolfgang Puck Express for some good eats.

My Dad had the Chicken Aioli pocket:
DisneyOct09-GeorgeEastman170.jpg

It was really fresh, so he really enjoyed it.
3480017835_52c865d24a.jpg

My boyfriend had the Mu Shu Chicken Pocket (which reminds me of Mulan :laughing:)
DisneyOct09-GeorgeEastman172.jpg

He was surprised that it was served cold, but this is something right up his ally, so once he got over the surprise, he really enjoyed it and would order it again.

I was in the mood for pizza, but knew there was no way I'd finish an entire one myself, so I split one with my Mom (she's never hard to persuade into pizza!)
DisneyOct09-GeorgeEastman171.jpg

This was the Meatball & Parmesan Pizza. It really hit the spot. It was kind of greasy (which as I said before, doesn't bother me, especially on pizza!) And had a great thin crust. I'd totally get it again.

Since we were on the QSDP for two of the meals, I got a frozen yogurt. It was frustrating because the "waiter" we had wasn't very attentive, which honestly they don't really need to be. Except that I needed my treat! So we had to track someone down. They were busy, which explains it, but it was still a little annoying. Wish they had a system where I could have gone somewhere to turn in a slip when I was ready for it.

After lunch we walked around a little more...
DisneyOct09-GeorgeEastman173.jpg

DisneyOct09-GeorgeEastman174.jpg

...and passed by the menus to the different restaurants, but my pictures didn't turn out so great because of the sun (I know, cry me a river...)
They all came out like this:
DisneyOct09-GeorgeEastman175.jpg

We then popped a squat at a table in the abandoned PI for a while to enjoy the weather before heading to the airport....where our plane was delayed for over an hour :guilty: Thus ends our October trip. Stay tuned for a recap (remember we were on the QSDP again!)

QSDP:

This marks the second trip for me on the QSDP...on any kind of dining plan really. To be honest, I'm in love with the QSDP. It's so east to use and now I have a full collection of Disney travel mugs :lmao:

This trip was slightly different than the last in that we used all but one snack credit at F&W and that we got the QSDP for free! :woohoo: Where I think we hit the jackpot with our snack credits, I'm not sure we utilized our CS credits to the best of our ability. But hey...it was free food, so I'm not complaining!

Since we had 12 snack credits, we decided that we wouldn't use a snack credit on anything that was below $4. The only that was below $4 was the $3.50 Zebra Domes, everything else was bought at the F&W Festival, and many items were $5+. Compared to what a snack credit usually runs, we really did well here and saved a lot of money at F&W to what we would have spent OOP.

As for our CS credits, we ate breakfast a lot. And a breakfast platter really isn't the best use for your credit...not the best bang for your buck so to speak. And if it were a normal trip, we probably wouldn't have done that. That being said, we thoroughly enjoyed sitting down and eating something substantial every morning before hitting the parks. Both of us really like breakfast, so while it wasn't the best use of credits, it made us happy. And to be honest, if we didn't use them for breakfast, we wouldn't have used all the credits by the last day!

I still remain very impressed by the efficiency and quality of the Pop Foodcourt. Maybe because I wasn't expecting much, but what I got was well organized, clean, and pretty tasty :thumbsup2 So much so that it put a Deluxe resort to shame...and that surprised me (I'm speaking of the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary here.) While the sandwiches were arguably better at the Contempo, the organization and wait time for our food compared to Pop didn't impress me. The Mara was tasty and well organized, but the small dining room meant that they weren't keeping up cleaning the tables as they turned. Cleaning off crumbs at a table doesn't bother me so much, but I think a lot had to do with too many people in too small a space. So out of the three resort CS we visited, Pop ranks the highest...surprise surprise!

Out of all of our meals, I think my favorite remains the Tangierene Cafe. It's so tasty and we had a lot of fun with the CMs in there.

F&W:

I was impressed with the overall quality of the food this year. If I didn't adjust my ratings, just about everything would get the top rating. Everything was consistently tasty and even on Saturday when the crowds were absolutely ridiculous, the CMs were on the ball and well organized.

This was the third year of doing the festival for me, but the first that I had done anything besides the kiosks. I really enjoyed the wine seminar. Granted I was a little disappointed that he didn't talk about what I wanted him to talk about :snooty: but he was well informed and talked a lot. I'd do one again in a heartbeat. We're already planning next year...now I just need to decide if we want to do Party for the Senses or a Signature Dinner (or two!) :rolleyes1

Thus wraps up another review! Thanks for following along!! My next trip is going to be to Disneyland in March, I'm so excited :dance3:

I've been MIA for a few weeks but trying to get back into the swing of things! LOL

Your Kona pics are making my mouth water.. even at this time of night! I love all three things you ordered! popcorn::popcorn::

Thanks for the great reviews! I have to make some notes from your report and try out some new places (to us! LOL) I think we really should check out F&W some day. It's too bad we didn't have more time this last trip. :goodvibes

I've been MIA for a few weeks but trying to get back into the swing of things! LOL

Your Kona pics are making my mouth water.. even at this time of night! I love all three things you ordered! popcorn::popcorn::

Thanks for the great reviews! I have to make some notes from your report and try out some new places (to us! LOL) I think we really should check out F&W some day. It's too bad we didn't have more time this last trip. :goodvibes

My cousins used to go to the Neverland Club over at the Poly and loved it (like, they would beg to go!!) Perhaps you & Mel could have a night out and take Juliana there? Or take her along and see what kinds of foods she enjoys :laughing: But then you might wind up with a pre-schooler who's addicted to lamb :rolleyes1

Loved your entire report! Your reviews are interesting, informative and fair. :thumbsup2

The pic of the Mu Shu Chicken Pocket made me drool. So tasty.

Nice wrap up! I totally agree with your F&W assessment - the overall quality of the food this year was much better than it has been the last two years when the hubby and I felt it was hit or miss depending on the time and / or day you happened to visit a booth.

Enjoy Disneyland! I haven't been in more then 20 years ... man, that makes me feel old old old!! :rotfl2:

I loved reading your report. I am going to try F&W perhaps next year!

As for our CS credits, we ate breakfast a lot. And a breakfast platter really isn't the best use for your credit...not the best bang for your buck so to speak. And if it were a normal trip, we probably wouldn't have done that. That being said, we thoroughly enjoyed sitting down and eating something substantial every morning before hitting the parks. Both of us really like breakfast, so while it wasn't the best use of credits, it made us happy. And to be honest, if we didn't use them for breakfast, we wouldn't have used all the credits by the last day!

That is how we used many of our CS credits this year, we got the free regular DDP with a pin and went the last week in October. Breakfast we went 2 times to Capt'n Cooks in Poly for Tonga toast and 3 times to Riverside Mill for made to order Omlets, and we stayed at POP so 2 breakfasts there.
For lunch used the SC for the F & W Fest (those crab cakes at the Sam Adams pavilion were great, we had many of them).
TS all for dinners and mostly at ECPOT so back to the F & W Fest.

Great wrap up! WGP looks AMAZING! I have to try it.

I am SO excited that you commented so much on the QSDP. Not many people review it. We are about to try it out in January and I feel that I am even more excited to try all the fun CS restaurants that are offered! They are like little gems. We are especially excited for Tangerine Cafe and Captain Cooks (tonga toast). Great job!

Loved your entire report! Your reviews are interesting, informative and fair. :thumbsup2

The pic of the Mu Shu Chicken Pocket made me drool. So tasty.

Thanks for the compliment! :thumbsup2 I'm hoping you'll get your corn dog nuggets this time around!

Nice wrap up! I totally agree with your F&W assessment - the overall quality of the food this year was much better than it has been the last two years when the hubby and I felt it was hit or miss depending on the time and / or day you happened to visit a booth.

Enjoy Disneyland! I haven't been in more then 20 years ... man, that makes me feel old old old!! :rotfl2:

I'm so excited about Disneyland, but I'm having problems because I'm so used to planning planning planning WDW...now I'm just sitting twiddling my thumbs for a while.

I hope next year is just as good!

I loved reading your report. I am going to try F&W perhaps next year!

I'm already planning next year! :dance3:

That is how we used many of our CS credits this year, we got the free regular DDP with a pin and went the last week in October. Breakfast we went 2 times to Capt'n Cooks in Poly for Tonga toast and 3 times to Riverside Mill for made to order Omlets, and we stayed at POP so 2 breakfasts there.
For lunch used the SC for the F & W Fest (those crab cakes at the Sam Adams pavilion were great, we had many of them).
TS all for dinners and mostly at ECPOT so back to the F & W Fest.

I'm a fan of breakfast at Disney. It allows me to get some substance in my belly and plan the day :upsidedow

Great wrap up! WGP looks AMAZING! I have to try it.

I am SO excited that you commented so much on the QSDP. Not many people review it. We are about to try it out in January and I feel that I am even more excited to try all the fun CS restaurants that are offered! They are like little gems. We are especially excited for Tangerine Cafe and Captain Cooks (tonga toast). Great job!

Glad you liked it! WGPE is really good! If you get over that way, either EoS or WGPE are excellent choices! I know what you mean about not a lot of comments on the QSDP...I tried to comment so that there's more information out there on it. Hopefully it's helped some people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter