Fold & Go Wheelchairs

My fold & go was also to replace an ECV. While I love using it, I will admit one thing I did not think about ahead of time was no longer having the convenience of a front basket available. I ALWAYS (or my companions) had that ECV basket full of stuff. So it definitely means needing a bag on the back. But a back bag is inconvenient for the essentials that I want quick access to - phone, glasses, lip balm, etc. I tried to solve that with a side bag/pouch on an armrest. The problem with that is I was surprised how often I wanted to lift the armrest, especially getting in or out, but then the side pouch would flop around or even have stuff fall out. So now I wear either a small crossbody bag or waist bag for those little things. That works great with stuff right at my fingertips.

I looked at the arm bags. Glad you steered me away from them. I’ll just do a crossbody or waist bag in the future. I was very dependent upon that front little basket, also.

I looked at the arm bags. Glad you steered me away from them. I’ll just do a crossbody or waist bag in the future. I was very dependent upon that front little basket, also.

It's really kind of weird how attached I was to the storage on Angus (TravelScoot). I loved that I could drop my stuff down between my feet, clamp on a cupholder easily (lots of nice, straight vertical surfaces LOL) and just go!

I'm also using a crossbody now (thank goodness for the Vera Bradley online outlet LOL, I love when they have a sale!) and although I'm not traveling, I've been using it for local errands like doctor visits, etc. and am kind of getting used to what needs to go in the crossbody, what can go in the underseat, and what can just stay home.

Sadly, I have "Mary Poppins Syndrome"; I have a compulsive need to have *everything* I might *possibly* ever need/want with me at all times, and so I am trying to remember that this is a GOOD thing I am learning LOL

Sadly, I have "Mary Poppins Syndrome"; I have a compulsive need to have *everything* I might *possibly* ever need/want with me at all times, and so I am trying to remember that this is a GOOD thing I am learning LOL

I have the Mary Poppins Syndrome, also. I loved the basket on the scooter, plus I had a basket on the back where we could stash a backpack with rain jackets, etc in Disney. I think I’ll get some carabiners to hang off the back. I’m also thinking of covering the back bar so it doesn’t get scratched up by them.

I have the Mary Poppins Syndrome, also. I loved the basket on the scooter, plus I had a basket on the back where we could stash a backpack with rain jackets, etc in Disney. I think I’ll get some carabiners to hang off the back. I’m also thinking of covering the back bar so it doesn’t get scratched up by them.
We‘ve got this brand of hooks for the back of our daughter’s wheelchair. They work well and the part that hooks on is a vinyl type fabric with Velcro
Think King hooks

I’ve also bought some protective tape (look for Helicopter tape) to protect the paint on her new wheelchair from scratching. Haven’t put it on yet.

Amazon also has some under seat wheelchair bags that might work for you. We looked at this one, but decided it would be too much in our way when lifting DD in and out of her wheelchair.
BodyPoint bag

We‘ve got this brand of hooks for the back of our daughter’s wheelchair. They work well and the part that hooks on is a vinyl type fabric with Velcro
Think King hooks

I’ve also bought some protective tape (look for Helicopter tape) to protect the paint on her new wheelchair from scratching. Haven’t put it on yet.

Amazon also has some under seat wheelchair bags that might work for you. We looked at this one, but decided it would be too much in our way when lifting DD in and out of her wheelchair.
BodyPoint bag

Thank you! I’ll check all of these out. I appreciate it!

Think King hooks

BodyPoint bag

Yes! I could not remember the name of those hooks; I saw you post about them before! Thank you! 🙂

(checking out that BodyPoint bag too - thank you!)

I have had mine for over year now. We have gone to WDW three times. We go on our first Disney cruise on Friday. I have tested her 4 wheeling capabilities in CO. She had a little trouble with thick grass. The chair has performed great. I do not have the cover, but I have not had any issues flying, I have had to take my batteries on board with me once. The only place I have issue getting my chair quickly is in MCO airport. But there is usually a helper who eventually gets it for me.

I miss the basket on the front from the ECV, but I find it easier to maneuver the F&G through the queues. I use a WDW wristlet that hangs off my chair arm. I have a net on the back to hold cane and packages. I use the bottom bag to hold my phone battery, ponchos, and reusable bags. I don’t need to carry a lot anymore and it makes security easier. I use a stroller bag from WDW to hold cups and hand sanitizer. It’s on the back so not entirely practical, but I kept knocking over any other cup holders. I use caribiners to hold my personal item - usually a medium duffel like bag. Sometimes it will hit the wheels, but I adjust and move on. I did have to purchase a thick cushion for the chair but that just a me problem. I sometimes have issues at elevators and doors if I’m not fast enough. But I’m getting better.
Otherwise, I love this chair. It enables me to go places and enjoy myself. It has held up really well. I do not baby it and have had to touch up the paint a couple of times cuz I ran into something. I’m exited to see how it works on the cruise.

hope you are enjoying yours!

I have had mine for over year now. We have gone to WDW three times. We go on our first Disney cruise on Friday. I have tested her 4 wheeling capabilities in CO. She had a little trouble with thick grass. The chair has performed great. I do not have the cover, but I have not had any issues flying, I have had to take my batteries on board with me once. The only place I have issue getting my chair quickly is in MCO airport. But there is usually a helper who eventually gets it for me.

I miss the basket on the front from the ECV, but I find it easier to maneuver the F&G through the queues. I use a WDW wristlet that hangs off my chair arm. I have a net on the back to hold cane and packages. I use the bottom bag to hold my phone battery, ponchos, and reusable bags. I don’t need to carry a lot anymore and it makes security easier. I use a stroller bag from WDW to hold cups and hand sanitizer. It’s on the back so not entirely practical, but I kept knocking over any other cup holders. I use caribiners to hold my personal item - usually a medium duffel like bag. Sometimes it will hit the wheels, but I adjust and move on. I did have to purchase a thick cushion for the chair but that just a me problem. I sometimes have issues at elevators and doors if I’m not fast enough. But I’m getting better.
Otherwise, I love this chair. It enables me to go places and enjoy myself. It has held up really well. I do not baby it and have had to touch up the paint a couple of times cuz I ran into something. I’m exited to see how it works on the cruise.

hope you are enjoying yours!

I got one recently. LOVE it! We haven’t been much of anywhere, yet because it’s so hot and with MS, I don’t handle the heat. I can’t wait to try to it in a more crowded venue.

Ive found a 35L dry bag backpack fits nicely under the seat but also attaches comfortably to the seat back for ease of going through security. Gotta keep everything dry in that Florida rain. Not all 35L fit under the seat but that leaves space during security lines to shove in everything in the side pouches…or can be used on the seat back to store souvenirs. Even a 55L dry bag would fit nicely on the back, attaching snugly with hip and chest straps.

The bar at the side of the seat can be used to attach bags that won’t interfere with the armrests. Water bottle holder fits nicely by one’s knees on that bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter