Fold Down Beds - Comfortable for an Adult?

scrappinginontario

Hi,

New to cruising here. I'm wondering about the fold down/fold out beds that are in the staterooms. Whenever pictures are shown it is children in these beds. Would these beds be comfortable enough and long enough for an adult?

Thanks!

Hi,

New to cruising here. I'm wondering about the fold down/fold out beds that are in the staterooms. Whenever pictures are shown it is children in these beds. Would these beds be comfortable enough and long enough for an adult?

Thanks!

On our 2 MR cruises our sons (one on each) slept on the sofa bed. They are both about 5'10 and seemed quite comfortable.

I am a 5'8" adult and slept like a baby last May in the murphy bed.....AND I had a broken tailbone at the time from falling down the steps the morning before I left for our cruise. What I liked best about that bed is I pulled back the curtain from the window and watched the moon on the water while falling asleep. Heaven!

Thanks.

We're staying in an inside stateroom so I think it's the sofa that either folds down into a bed or pulls out? Not sure. Anyone have any pics of these?

We'll be on the Fantasy, 2nd level, room 2025

I believe there is a weight limit for the bunks but I slept on the sofa bed on several cruises and was quite comfortable.

MJ

Thanks.

We're staying in an inside stateroom so I think it's the sofa that either folds down into a bed or pulls out? Not sure. Anyone have any pics of these?

Well, I would, but my photo hosting site doesn't seem to be working :sad1:

I'm 6' and slept fine on the pull down and my friend is 6'3" and slept fine on the couch. I was so tired at the end of the day, I could have fallen asleep on the floor!

Thanks.

25+ DCL cruises and counting, and I've never seen a bed that pulls out. The sofa flips into a bed--it is VERY different from the pull out couches that my grandmother used to have in the living room for company. You'll have the flip couch, and if the room sleeps 4, you'll have the bunk that drops from the ceiling.

I thought I recognized that room number--yes, we stayed there. It is a really good room. Very convenient once you learn the little "cut thru" to get there. You'll have the sofa that flips and the virtual porthole......Just be sure you have the hair dryer plugged into the right outlet or it seems really weak!

Well, I would, but my photo hosting site doesn't seem to be working :sad1:

Who do you use?....I was using Webshots and they changed their format and renamed it Smile and it is horrible. Can't link to my pics and post here as I did in the past. Need a new photo hosting site for my 6,000 plus photos of all things DCL!!!

MJ

Who do you use?....I was using Webshots and they changed their format and renamed it Smile and it is horrible. Can't link to my pics and post here as I did in the past. Need a new photo hosting site for my 6,000 plus photos of all things DCL!!!

MJ

I use tinypic.com

I believe there is a weight limit for the bunks but I slept on the sofa bed on several cruises and was quite comfortable.

MJ

We were on the Dream a couple of weeks ago and the weight limit for the bunk bed was 220 lbs.

The convertible bed is the same for inside/outside/verandah staterooms. This picture is from a verandah stateroom, but the bed will be the same for your inside. I have slept on this bed a couple of times with no problems!

63175_4073626953024_1145292398_n.jpg

I thought I recognized that room number--yes, we stayed there. It is a really good room. Very convenient once you learn the little "cut thru" to get there.

Ooh, what cut thru? (Will be staying in 2023... eventually...)

Thanks everyone! My DD and I will be traveling together and I'm considering inviting Grandma to come along too since Grandpa doesn't think he wants to cruise with a lot of kids. Oh how much he'll miss!!!

Thanks for your help and the pic!

Also curious about the 'cut thru'!

Excited to be planning our very first cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter