Foiled again by FoP FP+....

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the suggestions. Under normal circumstances I would definitely move ADRs and change days, but I am planning with another family of 3 which gives us a total of 7. We got some pretty sweet ADRs including Tusker House w/ROL preferred seating on 5/29, but also BoG just in time to see Festival of Fantasy, and Crystal Palace just in time to walk out and see Happily Ever After. I got all of those for 7 guests, and changing them at this point would be nearly impossible and much more work than I am willing to put in. Got Na'vi River, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Everest all FP'ed and we will just do the Rope Drop plan for FoP. I knew it was a risk being Memorial Day week. All is and will be good. Don't think I won't be stalking the FP+ site daily though...LOL!!!
This trip sounds great! What time is your Crystal Palace ADR for walkout to see HEA? We're planning a similar situation for May and I haven't done it before. I hope you get on FOP!

That is awesome! I tried so hard to get FOP for me and my daughter as a 4th back in February. I probably spent 5 hours at the park refreshing. Never did get it. Makes me a tad sad I was so preoccupied trying to get it. LOL

I hope you and your daughter got to ride, even without a FP.

Thanks for the update OP. Like you, I actually had a smidgen of hope that maybe we could snag some FP+ at 60 days out because of the recent reports on here. But we’re aiming for the 30th and people on this thread have already stated low availability for that day so I’m thinking that’s going to be a no for us lol. Oh well, guess it’s RD for us!

I did the exact same thing. logged in this morning at 7 on the dot and tried for FP for 2 people May 29th and NOTHING :(

This thread is making me NeRvOuS !!!!!!!

If i arrive on Sept 30th and go to AK on +5, do you think I will score a FP for FOP?

My only other option is +6 but that puts AK on a Friday. I have HS scheduled that day because I figured the new Toy Story FP would be hard to get.

What do you think?

The only way we were able to get FoP fast passes on our past December trip was refreshing the app same day. Was able to get them on two different AK days. Just had to be persistent!

This probably fits in the category of "too little too late", but since FoP opened I have been planning our AK days on Day 4 or later of our trip to begin with. This way it doesn't throw everything else in our plan off.

Got them for the morning of the 24th and the morning of the 26 without problem at the 65 and 67 day mark (arrive on the 19th) This is a replacement trip for the cancelled trip in February due to surgery for a detached retina.

OP, so sorry you didn't get FOP FP. I am one of those posters who probably got your hopes up. Sorry!

I was anxious for months about getting this FP. Our last trip to Disney was just a few months before Pandora opened so we have not yet seen the new land or rode any of the rides. I am traveling with teens so there is no way I would ever get them to a park an hour before opening. They had already told me they would rather skip FOP than get up that early on vacation. So the plan was FP or bust!

I logged in this past Monday and immediately looked for FOP on our last day of the trip. We are staying 8 nights so that helped a lot, I am sure. I was able to get a 9:45 am time. As soon as that was booked I tried for our actual AK night that we were planning on the second day of our trip and I got 7:25pm on that day. I was really shocked about getting that since its early in our trip, and I didn't book that one as soon as I logged on. Plus that is the Sunday before Memorial Day. I also got 7 dwarves at 10:30 am on our MK day. Those were the only hard to get ones I tried for.

It seems odd to me that it was all available exactly when I wanted, then to read how others couldn't get anything.

Keep watching park hours. If you see an increase in AK park hours that should open up more FP times. My SIL, party of 5, was able to snag FOP that way back in Feb. They were off site so at 30 days nothing was left. When Disney extended hours I let her know and she got them right away. Good luck!

I neglected to input my ticket info by Day 60. (I know, I know—I’ve been busy lately.) My nephew went ahead and made ADRs for everyone else, and a few days later, I added myself to all of them except FoP because it would have changed everyone’s FoP to evening.

I left their FPs alone and decided to skip the ride on our trip. It made me really sick last time. I’ve been thinking I’d give it another chance, but without a FP, I’ll just stay with the babies while the rest of the family rides.

I just can’t believe my niece is going to ride though. She got sicker than me last time.

Last edited:
Plus, now I have something to tweak for the next 60 days! :lovestruc
There's that DISer spirit!! LOL

If you remember the show Frazier, he and his brother Niels once mused that the only thing better than a perfect meal was one with a tiny flaw they could pick at for the rest of the evening.....so funny.

I'm doing 7 days in August. I had originally planned --

Day 1 -- MK with EMM
Day 2 -- Epcot
Day 3 -- (AM) MK
Day 4 --
Day 5 -- (AM) MGM
Day 6 -- (AM) AK
Day 7 -- (PM) MGM

to have the best chance at FoP and TSL FastPasses. But, then they released MNSSHP dates and I'm doing MNSSHP on Day 6. That's not an issue time wise as AK is a half day park for me, but it is FastPass wise since making FPs in AK in the morning would preclude me from making 3 at MK before the party. So, I ended up going to --

Day 1 -- MK + EMM
Day 2 -- Epcot
Day 3 --
Day 4 (PM) -- AK
Day 5 (PM) -- MGM
Day 6 (PM) -- MK + MNSSHP
Day 7 (AM) -- MGM

But, I am worried I might run into issues getting a FastPass at the time I want for FoP. On the plus side, I am doing AK in the afternoon/evening and with TSL open, I'm hoping it will take some heat off Pandora. If not, my schedule may require some more moving around. I have checkout morning, but that would require moving some other stuff. I guess I will know for sure come June when my FP+ Window opens.

I'm doing 7 days in August. I had originally planned --

Day 1 -- MK with EMM
Day 2 -- Epcot
Day 3 -- (AM) MK
Day 4 --
Day 5 -- (AM) MGM
Day 6 -- (AM) AK
Day 7 -- (PM) MGM

to have the best chance at FoP and TSL FastPasses. But, then they released MNSSHP dates and I'm doing MNSSHP on Day 6. That's not an issue time wise as AK is a half day park for me, but it is FastPass wise since making FPs in AK in the morning would preclude me from making 3 at MK before the party. So, I ended up going to --

Day 1 -- MK + EMM
Day 2 -- Epcot
Day 3 --
Day 4 (PM) -- AK
Day 5 (PM) -- MGM
Day 6 (PM) -- MK + MNSSHP
Day 7 (AM) -- MGM

But, I am worried I might run into issues getting a FastPass at the time I want for FoP. On the plus side, I am doing AK in the afternoon/evening and with TSL open, I'm hoping it will take some heat off Pandora. If not, my schedule may require some more moving around. I have checkout morning, but that would require moving some other stuff. I guess I will know for sure come June when my FP+ Window opens.

This MGM park that you speak of, does it have a Great Movie Ride and Osborne lights at Christmas? Sounds awesome!

Well shoot. I'm sorry. Maybe it's easier for folks who aren't already locked in to certain parks on specific days? I was completely open to any day, and found plenty of availability. I hate that this one ride is so hard to nail FP. Shouldn't be this hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter