FoF Escape Plan

badora

Earning My Ears
We would like to watch the parade in frontier land so we can get done sooner so we can go back to the hotel for nap/rest time. What is the best plan to get out of the park since the parade will still be passing through?

Honestly, I'd say your best bet is to watch it from Main Street, catching the end of the parade from directly left or right of the train station (be on the left facing Cinderella Castle if you want the closest exit to the monorails). FoF moves fairly quickly (for a big parade), and there really isn't a way out that doesn't put you moving behind the parade that also doesn't throw you into the pre-parade waiting crowd if you're watching from Frontierland. While there are crosswalks, they often get fairly congested, and back-ups happen frequently, especially as the parade is passing certain points of visibility along the crosswalks. Plus, some of the Main Street crosswalks have to be closed at a certain point to maintain safety throughout the parade, leaving you even fewer exit options. Instead of trying to follow a very particular, very small path to get out maybe ahead but probably at the same time as the Main Street crowds or behind them, I'd save myself the headache and just watch from Main Street.

Watch from Frontierland just don't be on Splash Mountain side of the street. When leaving go back toward PoC, keep going, turn at when Crystal Palace is, continue on and if no strollers or ECV walk through Casey's indoor seating and follow it through the shops. Sidewalk will be congested. This is how we leave through parade time. Don't take the train from frontierland because it won't move because railroad crossing is blocked because of parade.

I'd watch it from as close as the exit as you can, at least that our plan for the day we're watching the parade. We're getting a spot near The Emporium and leaving as soon as the parade ends to go back for our hotel and a well deserved nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter