• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flyover at AK?!

AlohaPolynesian

DIS Veteran
We were at AK this morning and two blue angel type planes did a flyover. I almost peed my pants I was so surprised!! What was this for?! Anyone know?

AlohaPolynesian said:
We were at AK this morning and two blue angel type planes did a flyover. I almost peed my pants I was so surprised!! What was this for?! Anyone know?

Definitely for the parade! My DH is an air traffic controller at MCO an he said they were prepped about this about a month ago!

We were on the Jungle Cruise when they flew over and man were they loud. We were wondering what it was for.

We were on the Jungle Cruise when they flew over and man were they loud. We were wondering what it was for.

1) The jets "fly over" was part of the Christmas Day Parade taping.
2) All the resorts had announcements that were supposed to be posted.
3) Now, the dragon is a different topic and will soon become apparent.

1) The jets "fly over" was part of the Christmas Day Parade taping.
2) All the resorts had announcements that were supposed to be posted.
3) Now, the dragon is a different topic and will soon become apparent.

THanks for the info. No info given to us here at Treehouses (not that this surprises me) and we were on the safari when I heard what sounded like planes and couldn't see them but thought it odd...glad it was something that made sense.

Can't wait to hear more about the dragon..........

Here is the flyover at Magic Kingdom...

DSC_0040.jpg

Was with Pooh at AK during the flyover. Couldn't see anything...just heard it. We calmed Pooh down by assuring him they were just flying in more honey for him!

It freaked me OUT, lol! We were at MK that day and it was just so loud and unexpected!

Well the photo seems to confirm it. According to my research they are the common American sharp nosed white bellied dragon. One of the few that aren't nocturnal, apparently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter