• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying to WDW via Southwest..

DisneyMomma1216

Mama to 2 Miracle Mousekateers!
We are coming home for a long weekend in December, and we are flying, instead of our usual driving. We are flying out of Philly, and will most likely be booking through Southwest. It'll be myself, my husband, and our 21 month old daughter. We have an airline approved car seat, so we will be buying her a seat as well. I have read about the infant fare, and was wondering if anyone purchased a seat using it, and what it really is. Also, any advice on getting through the TSA checkpoint quickly with her would be greatly appreciated! :)

TIA!

one piece of advice try for an early, early morning flight so you can get a plane that over nighted at your airport not coming from another airport with people remaining on plane as plane could be half full when boarding start your airport. also remember the carseat will have be in the window seat not between you

Infant fare is more expensive and really gets you nothing more. When we travelled with our grandson, I bought my husbands ticket separately & got him the early bird check in. He took the car seat & got it installed while DGS and I boarded during family boarding. He jumped right into his car seat and slept the entire trip. We chose an early afternoon flight as that was his usual nap time. DGS not DH!!

My husband will be working that day, so an early flight is out of the question. We will most likely be departing at 5:15pm. If I don't get the infant fare, what is going to cost me to get a seat for my daughter?

My husband will be working that day, so an early flight is out of the question. We will most likely be departing at 5:15pm. If I don't get the infant fare, what is going to cost me to get a seat for my daughter?

She'll be the same price as the adults. There aren't generally price breaks for children on airlines anymore.

Check the infant fare, see what it is. Who knows, maybe this time it will be cheaper. But it's generally a discount off of the maximum price. It's better to call her a 2+ year old while ordering and get whatever lower fare you're getting for you and DH.

with your flight time be prepared for a number of people to be on plane from before it gets to Philly, it could be as much as 3/4 full before preboards and A's start boarding. you are looking at back of plane

with your flight time be prepared for a number of people to be on plane from before it gets to Philly, it could be as much as 3/4 full before preboards and A's start boarding. you are looking at back of plane

Not necessarily - I fly SWA in and out of PHL very often and I think I have only had a continuation once! Its also pretty easy to check to see if your flight is a continuation ahead of time. Now BWI is another story...

OP the infant fare is a discount off the highest price fare and usually comes out to more than the internet fare. You can just book her as a regular passenger and then when you fill out the passenger information you can fill in the correct ages of everyone in the party.

I would look online for the flights you are interested in and then call to see what the infant fare would be on those flights for comparison.

I also fly out of Philly and have had both happen with Orlando flights, worse was a Friday early evening which was half full when they started boarding. knew it was going to be bad when only about45 people boarding at Philly. should heard the early A people complaining when they got on.so yes it does happen at Philly. even had daughters flight home from Orlando canceled because of snow. plane could not leave Detroit because of snow, so there was no plane to Philly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter