Flying on Thanksgiving or day after?

dthogue

DIS Veteran
We are planning on flying to MCO on either Thanksgiving Day or the Friday after. I know the Wednedsay before is always hectic, would it be better to fly on the holiday itself or the day after?

Thanks,
Tammy

We flew into MCO on Thanksgiving Day this past year. It was wonderful. The airfare was good, much better than any day just before it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Only issue I have isn't with the air travel. The parks get really crowded for those days. But, I would still go but stay for the entire week after that. Then the airfare would still be pretty reasonable. We left the Wed after and it was still a decent rate.

We are going Nov. 19-25. So we are flying home the day after Thanksgiving. We have a direct flight so I am not to worried.

I am hoping we have Sat-Wed without really bad park crowds. Although we can do MK two days.

We've flown to MCO (from MSP) the Friday after Thanksgiving twice now. The airfare was so much cheaper than waiting until Saturday - the difference more than paid for the added car rental and room. Had no trouble getting through the airports.

Best wishes -

I've flown down the day after Thanksgiving the past 2 years. We had a direct flight on Southwest and it was a full flight down. We bought our tickets about 3 months in advance for about 175 r/t, which was a good deal for 2 direct flights.

I don't remember the airport being too busy, either at home or in Orlando. The flight home was really cheap and not at all busy. Very nice trip home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter