Flying into Orlando, Out of Tampa...

beck00

DIS Veteran
I snagged tickets from New Orleans to Orlando at a great rate for our Thanksgiving trip. Prices of return flights have us looking to fly back via Tampa. BIL is flying into Orlando a night earlier, picking up rental car, and will pick our fam of 4 up next morning as we fly into Orlando. Can we pick up rental car from Orlando and return rental car at Tampa airport? Anyone know anything about WDW Car Care Center?...wondering if they run a shuttle to Tampa airport if we return rental car to car care center at WDW?? Just need help with logistics...any info to share?

Yes you can pick up at MCO and return to TPA, we have done this and the reverse several times. Usually one way rental rates like this are higher than picking up and dropping off at the same airport (but not always or not always by a huge amount)

There is no shuttle to TPA (it's 70 miles from WDW)
Taxi, Towncar, Uber are possible alternatives to get you from WDW to TPA but an expensive option.

Just rented in Tampa, returned to MCO. Not an issue. I've done it in reverse as well. My DS is in Tampa, so it's something I do a lot.

I've done this too. If you don't want to keep the car the entire trip, you can also pick up a car just for your last day on Disney/DTD property and return to TPA.

... Can we pick up rental car from Orlando and return rental car at Tampa airport? Anyone know anything about WDW Car Care Center?...wondering if they run a shuttle to Tampa airport if we return rental car to car care center at WDW?? Just need help with logistics...any info to share?

Most of this has been covered, but I'll add in a few things:
- Yes, you can pick up a car at MCO (or the Car Care Center) and return it at TPA. Generally, within Florida, there are no drop off charges. In some cases, however, you can't use coupons on a one way rental...I think that varies by agency. The rates may also differ, either good or bad, with the one way rental.
- As a previous poster mentioned, TPA is about 70 miles from Disney, allow at least 1.5 hours for your drive. There is no shuttle. The only shuttle from the Car Care Center is to other locations on Disney property...not even MCO.
- If you plan on picking up a rental car at the Car Care Center, reserve it normally on the Alamo or National site using CCC as the pickup location. The day before you pickup your rental, call the Alamo agency at the Car Care Center (not the national Alamo number) and tell them when and where (usually your resort) you would like to be picked up the next day. I'd have them pick you up about a half hour before your rental is to start.

To do a one way rental you just have to arrange it. The cost varies. Some find one ways to be very expensive, others traveling at different times don't. Just gotta price it out for your specific trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter