Flying into FLL

oam

Mouseketeer
We are flying into FLL on Thursday night arriving at 11pm for a Magic cruise departing Miami on 2/12/16. There are four of us DW, 2 DD's (10 and 15) and myself. We would like to stay near FLL for Thur night and transport to the port in the AM. We could use any suggestions on where to stay Thur night and suggestions on transportation Fri AM to the port. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'll second the recommendation for SAS Transportation from your hotel to the port of Miami.

We stayed at a Fairfield Inn that provided free transportation from the FLL airport to the hotel. Would do that again.

Thirding SAS, but if you get Jeff hang on tight!

I can only offer a non recommendation: avoid Hilton Garden Inn. They don't cool the intererior areas of the hotel except the lobby, so everything feels sticky (even your room, which will be cold ... But sticky). It's also not really in safe walking distance to anything. I basically picked it at random from the list SAS services. Mistake.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn North in FLL. It was convenient to the airport (had a shuttle) and right across the street is a shopping center if you need to pick up any last minute items the next morning. The people there were very friendly and helpful -- just be careful about mentioning going on a cruise -- they try to be too helpful and insist that they have a shuttle that will take you to the port. (Their shuttle only goes to the cruise port in FLL; they don't realize that some people may be cruising out of Miami and staying with them because of when they arrive in the FLL airport.)

We also used SAS Transportation and were more than pleased with the service and great communication we received from them.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn North in FLL. It was convenient to the airport (had a shuttle) and right across the street is a shopping center if you need to pick up any last minute items the next morning. The people there were very friendly and helpful -- just be careful about mentioning going on a cruise -- they try to be too helpful and insist that they have a shuttle that will take you to the port. (Their shuttle only goes to the cruise port in FLL; they don't realize that some people may be cruising out of Miami and staying with them because of when they arrive in the FLL airport.)

We also used SAS Transportation and were more than pleased with the service and great communication we received from them.
I'm pretty sure this is the exact location we stayed at as well (North?) as it was near the airport. So ditto, ditto, and ditto :) We used the free airport shuttle to the hotel, then had SAS take us to the Miami port the following morning for the Wonder. We also used SAS to get back to the FLL airport and had no issues and wouldn't hesitate to repeat any of this.

Heather

We reserved Quality Inn & Suites ($128 with tax) and plan on using SAS transportation to Miami. Thanks for the help.

Best western plus airport cruise hotel is nice. I just stayed there for a business trip and flew in late to fall. Five min fromairport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter