• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying in that morning to MCO

tink_n_pooh

<font color=darkorchid>my TP isn't going anywhere.
If we fly in the morning of the cruise (3 day cruise) how early do you suggest we get to MCO? We could get a flight that lands at 8:55am is that going to work?

The answer to your question is.....yes. 8:55 a.m. would work. I am in the camp of fly in the night before and not stress as many here will advise you. I know that doesn't always work for everyone, so with no delays or bumping or storms, etc., yes, arriving at 8:55 a.m. would put you theoretically in the port area around 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. or so depending on your mode of transportation.

It will work, but that for me is pushing it way too close. I'm also one that likes to fly in the night prior. Less stress on you should something delay or cancel your flight.

I totally agree with pp's. The stress is too much for me. What if luggage is delayed? That's happened to us once. Sat around TPA waiting for the next plane to arrive w/ our luggage along with around 150 others from our flight.

It's easy to get a cheap hotel on Hotwire.com in the MCO area. Got the Hyatt last time for $54+ tax.

Not to mention, what time will you have to wake up in order to arrive at your home airport 2 hrs early? Around 3am?
You will be exhausted for half your cruise.

Another post for flying in the night before, if possible. We have been caught in a delay of several hours on one of our vacations. First because of airplane problems; they got it fixed but by then the flight crews time went over so we had to wait for a new crew.

We have also had to pick someone up at the airport. The original landing time was a little after 10 pm. We ended up picking them up at 1:30 am. This was also due to plane problems.

Our flight gets in to MCO at 10:15am morning of. So if we get some
big snow storm, or any other delays, we'll be the family (of 5) meeting
the ship the next day in Key West! Either flying to Key West, or flying
into MIA or FLL and then driving, or just driving from NJ all the way down:scared1:

Another one here for arriving a day early. Last month our flight into MCO was delayed by more than 5 hours due to mechanical problems. Luckily it was on Friday and not Saturday or we would have missed the ship! You just never know what might happen, and having that day cushion could save you a lot of tears and stress when you should be relaxing and enjoying!

Laura

Another one here for arriving a day early. Last month our flight into MCO was delayed by more than 5 hours due to mechanical problems. Luckily it was on Friday and not Saturday or we would have missed the ship! You just never know what might happen, and having that day cushion could save you a lot of tears and stress when you should be relaxing and enjoying!

Laura

We had a similar thing happen for our 2004 Disney Cruise. Flew down on Friday and had a weather delay. Had a connection in Charlotte and we were waiting to get off our plane and we could see our connection flight was pushing away from the terminal (gates were side by side and they wouldn't hold it for the 100 or so passengers making the connection). We were standby all day and confirmed on the 8:30 p.m. flight to Orlando that didn't leave until 9:30. We were in the Charlotte airport for 7 hours. I know we may not have had the same weather delay on Saturday as Friday, but it isn't worth it to us. And we fly nonstop now as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter