Flying in on the day of check in?

KirstenMB

Earning My Ears
So I'm seeing a lot of people going down the night before they check in, but I'm planning on flying in on the day of check in since I don't want to spend money on a hotel for the night. Everyone seems to have mixed ideas about check in day, is it bad to fly in the day of? And will I not get much of a choice apartment wise?

From everything that I've read, if you don't care about what complex or apartment size you're placed in and you aren't trying to fill an apartment with people you've met on the internet (the exception being a roommate match you might've made in advance through Disney's system for the person you'll share your bedroom with) then as long as you arrive during the check-in hours you're fine. That doesn't mean that you definitely won't get your number #1 choice complex, just that the chances are less likely the later in the day you check in.

Again, this is all based on what I've read from former CPs.

Well I think I'll be fine, I'm flying into Orlando and get in about 6 am. Its going to be a bit of waiting around but I'm thinking its fine, since I'll get there early. Its just with everyone talking about how they're flying in the night before, its got me a little worried:)

Well I think I'll be fine, I'm flying into Orlando and get in about 6 am. Its going to be a bit of waiting around but I'm thinking its fine, since I'll get there early. Its just with everyone talking about how they're flying in the night before, its got me a little worried:)

You should be fine. My friend didn't get there until 9am (Orlando) and still got to room with us like he wanted easily.

I flew the day of check in with my mom. Our flight go in at 7:30am I think and went straight to Vista. Check-in didn't take long at all and I got a 3 bedroom at Chatham just like I wanted. We dropped my stuff off, met my roommates, and left as soon as we could for breakfast (but mainly to get away from my roommates parents who were all a little nuts haha)

If you care about where you're living or want to live with a certain person, I wouldn't advise it. I along with a few hundred people I know in the group for summer alumni on Facebook are planning on being in line around 2 am. But if you don't care where you live, you should be fine flying in.

...wow. 2am is extreme. Doesn't check in START at 9? not END at 9? If everyone just showed up at the time we were supposed to, or a reasonable amount of time early (like 8am for a 9am check in), there would be no need for everyone to freak out and try to line up at ridiculous times.

I don't meant to sound harsh, but this sort of thing peeves me off with everything where people have to line up, like movies, game releases, ticket sales, etc

...wow. 2am is extreme. Doesn't check in START at 9? not END at 9? If everyone just showed up at the time we were supposed to, or a reasonable amount of time early (like 8am for a 9am check in), there would be no need for everyone to freak out and try to line up at ridiculous times.

I don't meant to sound harsh, but this sort of thing peeves me off with everything where people have to line up, like movies, game releases, ticket sales, etc

No one's required to line up that early, but if we're willing to, I don't see why not. And we're not really freaking out. We're going to hang out and talk and eat. This is the May 16 check in I'm referring to, btw.

I didn't mean to sound snitty in that earlier post. Turns out, I might be sleeping that night. But just want to let you know, there's a good chance people will be there really early.

I haven't decided if I'm flying in or not although spending the night at sunspree so far seems the best option. And geez at 2am! Lol I'd be tired the rest of the day. 8 A.M. for me, 7:30 the earliest lol.

If you care about where you're living or want to live with a certain person, I wouldn't advise it. I along with a few hundred people I know in the group for summer alumni on Facebook are planning on being in line around 2 am. But if you don't care where you live, you should be fine flying in.

I have a feeling security will ask you to disperse if you arrive at 2am, but good luck with that.

I got there just after 9am for check in for my first program and had no problems. I actually think this is better then getting there so early. If there are a ton of people, even if you are there before they open, you are likely to have to wait a while. By the time I got there the big crowd had already gone through and check in was incredably fast and I still got the appartment complex/size I wanted.

plus everyone wants different things so getting there early doesn't totally help. and even if you do get there early, they might not even have anything open that is exactally what you were hoping for.

you will be fine flying in that day (maybe a little tired), but you'll probally even be early.

Ok well Im planning on flying same day too.. arriving like at 8 am... and I was wonering: is there any bus or something that takes me directly from the airport to the location? I am from Puerto Rico and I dont have any idea of where I'm headed to (plus i just found out that I got accepted). If I had to take a taxi, how much would it cost me.. and from which airport?

I was wondering if on that day of check-in .. do we keep carrying our bags and lots of stuff until when?

Ok well Im planning on flying same day too.. arriving like at 8 am... and I was wonering: is there any bus or something that takes me directly from the airport to the location? I am from Puerto Rico and I dont have any idea of where I'm headed to (plus i just found out that I got accepted). If I had to take a taxi, how much would it cost me.. and from which airport?

I was wondering if on that day of check-in .. do we keep carrying our bags and lots of stuff until when?

the closest airport is the Orlando airport (MCO). They don't provide any way for you to get there, it's all up to you. I think once you log in to the CP website after you accept your invitation, there is a coupon for the mears shuttle.

There will be a place for you to keep your bags while you go through the check in process. they will also have a special bus to take you to your apartment (If you live at Chatham or Patterson) since check in is at Vista.

Ohh ok thanx! Well I already accept my invitation but I havent seen any coupon or anything like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter