• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

flying from YYZ to MCO

bermudabeachbum

Earning My Ears
Hi there,
Last April we flew from YYZ into MCO and getting out of MCO was awful!!
We landed, collected our luggage, dropped it off again, went through security, took transport to another terminal and collected our bags again. Needless to say, we were exhausted after all that especially travelling with young kids!!
Just wondering if any recent travellers had to go through the same experience recently or if any changes have been made to the flight arrival process into MCO?

Thanks!

It really depends on the airline you fly with. If you use an airline that has you clearing customs in Toronto then it's easy at MCO. You just pickup your bags and go. Who did you fly with on your last trip?

Overall I would recommend flying out of Buffalo.

We flew to Brisbane AU in August out of Pearson and had the exact same experience. Next time we will fly thru the US. For the past 12 years we have flown from SYR to MCO in March and doing the customs thing at the border is so much better! It doesn't help that Pearson has just added an additional $5 surcharge per person! That definitely adds insult to injury!

we flew with air transat last year and this year will be going with air canada. does AC clear customs in YYZ?
i did consider flying out of buffalo but it wasn't much cheaper and i was worried about weather delays in march.

we flew with air transat last year and this year will be going with air canada. does AC clear customs in YYZ?
i did consider flying out of buffalo but it wasn't much cheaper and i was worried about weather delays in march.

You should have pre-clearance in Toronto so when you land you just go right for the luggage and head to WDW. I travel from Halifax to Toronto, enroute to Orlando and always have pre-clearance there.

If you fly either Air Canada or WestJet from YYZ - MCO you are guaranteed to clear United States Customs in Toronto.

And presuming you're staying on-site...if you use DME (Disney's Magical Express) you don't even need to pick your luggage up at the airport. They'll deliver it to your room for you...Just get off the plane and check-in at DME and they'll transport you by bus to your resort...

The risk of weather delay is really not any different than in Toronto. Price wise...the taxes alone from BUF are about $30 and the taxes from YYZ are in the $130 range. Big difference.

Then factor in better/cheaper parking and much more user friendly terminal in BUF.

Hi there,
Last April we flew from YYZ into MCO and getting out of MCO was awful!!
We landed, collected our luggage, dropped it off again, went through security, took transport to another terminal and collected our bags again. Needless to say, we were exhausted after all that especially travelling with young kids!!
Just wondering if any recent travellers had to go through the same experience recently or if any changes have been made to the flight arrival process into MCO?

Thanks!

I'm going to assume you flew a charter - maybe Air Transat or Sunwing? Only charter flights (and I'm sure if it is even all of those) don't pre-clear US customs/immigration at YYZ. If you do pre-clear at YYZ, your flight is treated as a domestic US arrival when you get to MCO.

And presuming you're staying on-site...if you use DME (Disney's Magical Express) you don't even need to pick your luggage up at the airport. They'll deliver it to your room for you...Just get off the plane and check-in at DME and they'll transport you by bus to your resort...
That is 100% correct.

The risk of weather delay is really not any different than in Toronto. Price wise...the taxes alone from BUF are about $30 and the taxes from YYZ are in the $130 range. Big difference.

Then factor in better/cheaper parking and much more user friendly terminal in BUF.

Winter in Buffalo CAN be very much worse than winter here!
We went to Florida last Feb (08) leaving our car at the terminal in Buffalo, of course outside. When we came back-they had had terrbile ice storms. Had the car not had auto start-I am sure we'd still be standing outside it! The shuttle took off...it took us 20 mins to get the doors open. We sat there for ages..till we thought the ice was melted enough on the windsheild ( I have heated washer fluid too!) and upon our 1st attempt at using them-they snapped off! It was awful--thankfully-the roads were dry and we made it home not needing them but it could have been a very different story if they were not or there was precip at the time.

Buffalo often gets pretty socked in. I agree the terminal and people are great tho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter