Flying from PA - let's talk flights

We travel out of Pittsburgh. It's really the only decent option. We've priced flights out of Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Baltimore as well. Baltimore has good options, but by the time we buy gas to get there, we haven't really saved all that much.

If your talking about Harrisburg to Sanford that is at least 2 hours, 15 minutes. Not sure where you're getting 1:45.

Take off to Harrisburg from MCO AirTran, March 2012 to touch down, exactly one hour forty five minutes our flight, and on Allegiant to AVP that Fall was only two hrs Sanford to AVP. I don't recall the other flights.

Two weeks ago, ABE to PHL was 18 minutes in a Dash 9 PHL, but was held PHL to MCO trying to get out of a back log from wind change, 12th in line. We still made it to MCO on time 12:38, I was in the car rental just after 1:00 PM pulling out.
Just our trips

To reiterate, where in PA are you departing from - big state...

I live in the Lehigh Valley. I've rarely flown out of LVIA d/t not enough flights to work with our travel needs.

I prefer EWR over PHL because I hate dealing with Philly traffic and I'm Jersey born and raised :cool1: Also gotta add, we love flying Jetblue.

You can get cheaper parking at the airports if you use one of the many private lots. We've used the new SNAP indoor parking and had a great experience; I usually book through an airport parking reservation service. Not sure if I'm allowed to put the links here, but you can google PHL or EWR airport parking and you'll get a ton of hits.

:wave2: Fellow Bethlehem neighbor.
2011 we flew Airtran from LV to MCO
2012 we flew Frontier from LV to MCO
This year we are flying Southwest out of Philly. There aren't any direct flights from LV to MCO anymore :( We booked this trip at the last minute so the Allegient flights from LV to Sanford were outrageous.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel by the Philly airport to stay over the night before and park our car (cheaply) at for 10 days?

Post a new thread and search for parking by Philly airport thread.

There was a link where someone asked and received info for parking at a hotel nearby. I just did that out of LV. I stayed at the Days Inn, 8 days the car was parked, slept the morning of, for $109. I know he Philly hotels were more, but he hurtle service is a plus. I found my option on google, then the hotel website using AARP. Their rate was the same AARP AAA as the travel sites.

Post what you do find, I have a March trip to a convention.

Looking for flights 12/6 returning 12/10......nothing reasonable! :eek: Hoping the rates come down! Have used PHL & ABE in the past. LOVE ABE but only Frontier has non-stop to MCO. Thinking about trying Allegiant but don't know about going into Sanford. :confused3

DH and I almost always fly out of Allentown. I have always had great luck in being patient and getting really great airfare. On that rare occasion we will fly out of PHL.

PrincessAlways said:
Looking for flights 12/6 returning 12/10......nothing reasonable! :eek: Hoping the rates come down! Have used PHL & ABE in the past. LOVE ABE but only Frontier has non-stop to MCO. Thinking about trying Allegiant but don't know about going into Sanford. :confused3

Frontier left in May or June.

nascargirl said:
DH and I almost always fly out of Allentown. I have always had great luck in being patient and getting really great airfare. On that rare occasion we will fly out of PHL.

Never works out for us, lol. But we exchange into DVC through RCI so that decreases our flexibility with dates. Have had great experiences with Jetblue out of Newark though.

We are going dec 6-9. Southwest has a sale last June where we got one way for $109..... But it didn't last long and jumped back to 185. But We are DVC, so advanced planning is a must, so im looking airfare 6 months in advance at least. I'm not PA but Jersey and we go out of BWI a lot. It's usually at least $30-$45 less per person....per leg.....times 4. So $240 to $400 minimum savings is worth an hour and a half drive.

We are going dec 6-9. Southwest has a sale last June where we got one way for $109..... But it didn't last long and jumped back to 185. But We are DVC, so advanced planning is a must, so im looking airfare 6 months in advance at least. I'm not PA but Jersey and we go out of BWI a lot. It's usually at least $30-$45 less per person....per leg.....times 4. So $240 to $400 minimum savings is worth an hour and a half drive.

Never flew out of BWI but maybe it's something to think about!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter