Flying Fish

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
Please tell me about your experiences here. We are going to do one signature dinner during our short stay, and since we are staying at the Beach Club, this seems like a good option. But we've never been to other signature favorites like Cali Grill or Citricos either. Thoughts?

FFC is currently my second-favorite WDW restaurant (V&A, of course, is #1 by a long shot). I eat there at least once every trip, whether or not I'm on a Dining Plan. The ambiance is a bit casual for a Signature, but the food, wine and service are definitely worthy of the designation.

I like Cali Grill, too, but it can be chaotic. Citrico's is a lovely restaurant, but my last two meals weren't up to par. Bluezoo is also very, very good and quite swanky.

FF is the best! When DH asked me where I wanted to go for dinner on my 40th b-day, it was my 1st choice [we live in CA :lmao:]

You won't regret giving it a go....

Flying Fish is my 4th favorite at WDW behind V&A, bluezoo and Il Mulino. I like it better than all of Disneys signatures and I've been to them many times.

Citricos is good and usually quieter than FF but I'm a fish eater. Ca Grill has become a zoo. We liked it a lot better before it became the darling of the dining plan where people are more interested in fireworks than a properly paced upscale dining experience.

Flying Fish is my favorite Signature at WDW. In fact, my meal there early in the week this past Dec was soooo good, that two days later I canceled my Le Cellier ADR for Dec 10th and took my chances as a walk up at Flying Fish, because I wanted to eat there again. I love their mussels, tomato/mozzarella salad, or cheese plate as an appetizer, their scallops or char grilled steak as an entree and either a cheese plate or any of their trios for dessert.:cloud9: We usually use the DxDDP, but for our upcoming trip in May we are on the basic DDP. Even so we still had to make an ADR for FF, planning on ordering mussels and tomato/mozzarella salad OOP. I'll get my scallops and my husband doesn't know it yet, but he'll be sharing a few bites of char crusted steak with me, then I'll be getting a cheese plate for dessert. I'll be too full to eat it, but will get it to go to eat later in the room.:lovestruc

We love the view from California Grill and also love their flatbreads and sushi. However, I have yet to find an entree or dessert that I'd have to repeat (perhaps their pork loin) and the place has been like a zoo the last few times I've been there. I do like Citricos and it seems to be the nicest of the 2 credit restaurants. I love their crab gateau, pork tenderloin, veal shank, or short rib, but don't care for their desserts anymore, since they changed the berry gratin. If you like the type food they serve, Artist Point is also very good. They have some good wines and we love their mushroom soup and mussels, buffalo, and sweet potato gratin. We used to love their berry cobbler before they changed it, but no longer care for any of their desserts. We also like Jikos. They have some good wines and we love their flat breads and cheese plate. When I was there in Dec I had a wonderful lamb loin with some sort of spicy chick pea and greens with ham side dishes. I also like their maize crusted fish dish. I'm not fond of their desserts though.

We love FF and have never had a bad meal there. The service is always very good with a helpful and attentive staff.

They are happy to change sides, sauces .. anything you want.

Citrico's and Flying Fish are my two favorite Disney restaurants! I enjoy sitting at the chef's counter at FF and watching the chefs prepare all the meals. Service has always been top-notch at both and both have outstanding food.

California Grill is very nice but as others have said, it's loud. The lounge area is chaotic and trying to find a place to sit while you wait for a table can be difficult, let alone getting anyone to serve you!

Please tell me about your experiences here. We are going to do one signature dinner during our short stay, and since we are staying at the Beach Club, this seems like a good option. But we've never been to other signature favorites like Cali Grill or Citricos either. Thoughts?

I love the FF and it is a great location to eat at considering where you are staying. Wonderful fish and a great steak too.

I do also love California Grill and Citricos but they aren't as easy to get to unless you planned to go right from MK to dinner.

FF is in my top five of Disney restaurants (the others are Citricos, Jiko, Il Mulino and bluezoo). If you have never been, it is well worth a visit. And, the convenience of being able to walk there from the BC is very nice.

FF is definitely one of my favorites. I find it to be louder and therefore less conducive to conversation that Citricos, but they certainly have done well by us on several visits.

The salmon was very good there. We only went once, would love to go back someday!

We ate there last April when we were on the DXDP. I loved it the food and service was superior. Some might not like the noise level, but I didn't mind. It's right up there with the Yachtsman for me.

HB

Flying Fish is amazing, we have been there three times and the food is always to die for! DH always orders the NY Strip, he said it is the best he ever had. I have had the snapper, scallops and shrimp dishes and they were wonderful!

Citricos is another favorite of ours, the food and ambiance is top notch.

Cali Grill is ok, not something that I have to do all the time like FF and Citrcos

We went to FF for the first time our last trip, and ended up cancelling a Yachstmen's rezzie later in the week to go back to FF again. It was FANTASTIC both times. The fish was great, and like the PP said, the NY Strip steak was ridiculously well made.

California Grill is also great, zoo or no zoo, but if you're staying at the BC, FF is much easier to get to, unless you don't mind hopping in a cab. Citricos has been very uneven for us, so I would currently rate it well below the other two.

My favorite restaurant by far. DH & DD, who is 12, love it too. We do this twice on each trip and then I make sure we dine again in the fall on the annual girls trip ;) This year DH & DD will come down at the end of the girls trip so we will just have to dine there again-darn it!:rotfl: The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is fun.

We ate there on our last trip the week after Thanksgiving 2010. I would put it 4th behind V&A, Bistro de Paris and Jiko's. Don't get me wrong, it was good but we liked these other 3 this trip better. Here is a copy of their menu from my trip report (link below)...

106-FlyingFish.jpg

Just another opinion. We ate there in December and we hated it. We have eaten at all the signature dining options and we wont be back. There were four of us who ate four different meals and no one like what we got. Maybe it was a bad night for them or for us but I would choose California Grill or Citros. I also love Artist Point. Like I said, just another opinion.

Loved, loved, loved Flying Fish Cafe. No wait, great service, very nice set up (we had a table by the window). Food was DELICIOUS! The mussels appetizer sent me to heaven. It was all good. Check out my review and pics in the link below.

The Boardwalk setting and the entertainers outside the restaurant were a lot of fun -- comedy, magic, juggling, etc... with lots of audience participation. We spent about 2 hours with the entertainers - about an hour before, and hour after dinner.

Our other favorite signature is California Grill -- like the view from up high and the food is pretty darn good. But, if I had to pick only 1, it would be Flying Fish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter