Flying Fish Or Spoodles's

A

adisneynut

We are thinking about making PS for New Years Eve. This will be our arrival day and we are staying at the Swan. I have checked the Resturants rating area and it looks like the Flying Fish get better ratings. Can anyone provide a little feedback on these 2 resturants? ::yes:: :hyper: :hyper: ::yes::

Did my research last visit, trying to choose between the two.
The Flying Fish menu we found a little limited (for our tastes), so we tried Spoodles 2 weeks ago. The variety (and flatbreads)gave us alot of options, and the food was excellent. No wait (w/o PS) before 6:30 during the week.
We ate there twice during the stay, and the food was excellent.
We will go back.

I have to agree that the menu at the Flying Fish is limited. We also willhave 2 -11 year olds with us so we need to consider that. I will have to decide soon because PS for that date will fill up soon. :wave2:

Without a doubt, Spoodle's is excellent!! The food & atmosphere is wonderful!!!

Dined here on my last trip and is on my must-dine list!!!
:jumping1:

We also prefer Spoodles over Flying Fish. Spoodles is a little more affordable and also more casual. I honestly was a little disappointed when we ate at Flying Fish, I guess I had high expectations about it because I read so many rave reviews. Spoodles would definitely be more comfortable with the kids too.

But, just a word of suggestion...Gulliver's at the Swan is very good too! They have a buffet and a regular menu to order from. We find this dinner very relaxing and fun with the characters (there's usually Pluto and Goofy or Timon and Raffiki). Your kids may be a little old for them or maybe they'll think they're cool:hyper: If you don't try it New Yrs, give it a try one night during your trip. I highly recommend it (we always seem to eat here the night of our arrival, convenient and good):D

:earsgirl: Just wanted to say hi!

We are arriveing NYE too and also staying at the Swan.
(for one night then we move to AKL)

We made ps at Ohannas to see the MK fireworks and because we have our DD age 6 with us. I am also trying to choose between Flying Fish or Spoodles but for Saturday night!

It sounds like Spoodles may be the way to go. We are from
Corpus Christi so we get pretty good seafood down here but
we don't have a tapas place.
Happy NYE

Wintermom ( 0nly 47 days to go!!)

(wish I could do the countdown clock but it has way too many
steps for a non computer savy gal like me):earsgirl:

:D I have to say The Flying Fish.. We had dinner there in August and it was spectacular. It is very pricey though.

July:earsboy:

jwfla. We did think about the buffet but we are not big eaters and I think with rates at 39.95 per adult and 19.95 per child not including taxes or tip are just a little steep for us. Not a bad idea though I do appreicate the suggestion. We will be here only for 1 night though. Jan. 1 ,2004 we move to WL(If the AP rates ever come):rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wintermom- It looks like we are there at the same time. I think that we will be making PS for Spoodles. I am sure that you will enjoy Ohannas. I just wish Stitch and Lilo could welcome guest.:hyper: The firework are lovely from there.

We love the Flying Fish and can not wait to go back in a few weeks. DH and I sat at the "chef's counter" (dont know if its the official term, but it was the counter area right in front of the glass window the chefs are behind LOL) and it was just so cool!! We are hoping to sit there again when we go becuase we will have our 4 year old with us this time and maybe it might keep his attention a little longer LOL!

We also tried Spoodles, and while it was good, we much prefer the Flying Fish!

Good luck, I am sure you would be happy with either one!

Definately, Flying Fish.. We liked spoodles, but the food at flying fish is among the best on site.

We eat at Spoodles on every visit. It is one of our favorite places to eat at WDW. On our last visit I had there salmon and it was the best I have ever had at WDW. We will be eating there again next month.

Having worked between the 2 restaurants (in Sweets) and getting plenty of food from each, I much prefer Spoodles. I enjoy FF but I think your kids will get more out of Spoodles. I believe they can make their own pizza, but it's been a while so I can't remember. Even if you can't get PS, the takeout pizza is awesome!:earseek: Also, as Spoodles is bigger, you might have better luck getting a PS for that night as opposed to FF. In defense of FF, however, they have the best dessert plate.

Good luck and enjoy!

I guess I really didn't think about the restaurants having "special menus" for NYE, forgot about that. Normally Gulliver's buffet is $19.95 for adults and $9.99 for kids plus they have a regular menu which is what we always order from anyway (the buffet is a little much for us).

Do Spoodles and FF have their regular menu for NYE?

I haven't found anything different. Deb's site list a some NYE's dining special menus.

Between the two I prefer Flying Fish. The food we had there was great! Spoodles was good, I just didn't really enjoy my entree. So given a choice I would take FF.

You can't go wrong with either one! Enjoy your trip!

tamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter